Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

You are already hooked. Just like I was at about age 12.
    You just haven't smoked your first pipe yet of the good stuff.
    One puff, and you're a junkie.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaross97 View Post
    You guys are like my drug dealers trying to get me hooked. haha. LOVE IT
    WHAT DO YA NEED ?????????

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    Well, thats what these websites are for ,,,,,i could hook him up ..U KNOW ?!
    Yeah, we can get him some deals, and I can give him advice on what NOT to do

4. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    Yeah, we can get him some deals, and I can give him advice on what NOT to do
    I bet we all can...but i think its still a deal at 8 K no doubt on my mind.

5. Collapse Details

I still think you'd be happier w/ the 28 in your avatar.
    More $ upfront, probably same in the end.
    And you'd have a 28.

6. Collapse Details

You will be into that boat for big money. Both Yellow ones will need alot of work.

My boat actually ran the last 2 seasons and ran damn well and I am STILL putting 20 grand into it as we speak and might lose a full summer of boating.

These things arent cheap. Anything that looks like a deal is USUALLY a nightmare.

Spend the dough and buy one that is really nice and someone already put their money into it because once you put money into a boat, it is basically gone.

When I bought my Pantera I looked at many of them and flew around and drove around and looked and looked. I looked at 28 Apaches, Cig Bullets, etc. I also wanted to look at 28 Skater but I was told no insurance and that I would kill myself with this as a first boat...lol.

I wanted a deal at first and thought "I will do this and that and add and work on it".......eventually I just spent the money and bought a boat that ran right, had badassed hardware and was way more expensive. 2 seasons later I am dropping 20k into it. That is the nature of the beast especially when you are running big hp and bravo drives.

there is nothing cheap about offshore boats. If you want to buy one and have it sit on a trailer for years while you work on it thats fine but if you want to be on the water you need to pony up I am telling you.

good luck.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ar15meister View Post
    You will be into that boat for big money. Both Yellow ones will need alot of work.

My boat actually ran the last 2 seasons and ran damn well and I am STILL putting 20 grand into it as we speak and might lose a full summer of boating.

These things arent cheap. Anything that looks like a deal is USUALLY a nightmare.

Spend the dough and buy one that is really nice and someone already put their money into it because once you put money into a boat, it is basically gone.

When I bought my Pantera I looked at many of them and flew around and drove around and looked and looked. I looked at 28 Apaches, Cig Bullets, etc. I also wanted to look at 28 Skater but I was told no insurance and that I would kill myself with this as a first boat...lol.

I wanted a deal at first and thought "I will do this and that and add and work on it".......eventually I just spent the money and bought a boat that ran right, had badassed hardware and was way more expensive. 2 seasons later I am dropping 20k into it. That is the nature of the beast especially when you are running big hp and bravo drives.

there is nothing cheap about offshore boats. If you want to buy one and have it sit on a trailer for years while you work on it thats fine but if you want to be on the water you need to pony up I am telling you.

good luck.

Well said Adam. Shoot, I still remember when we talked (about Rocky's boat maybe?) and I honestly had you pegged as a bit of a tire kicker or a stroker. Glad you joined the family bro (who else would we have to accuse of looking like J-Roc).

One thing I've learned (the hard way, repeatedly) is used sh!t is just that... Used. Sh!t. If you get lucky, stuff runs like you hope it will for a while but more times than not, you spend a dollar to save a dime. I don't have any hard feelings about any of the used stuff I've bought. But at the same time, you won't see me buying used HP stuff anymore (and I know you guys that talk to me offline have heard that song and dance already). At the end of the day, odds are you'll spend more in the long run buying used vs buying new.

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

8. Collapse Details

I know what it takes to get a boat up to par.
    But 'par' is subjective.
    I wanna see SLP dig in.

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    This 24 is a project. If you don't have it in your mind that you will have this boat down to a bare hull the first full weekend of ownership.....then you need to keep looking. Reminds me of the 26 Corsa I did in the pics below.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails corsa%20004%20%28Large%29.jpg   corsa%20003%20%28Large%29.jpg   corsa%20015%20%28Large%29.jpg  

Last edited by jdub; 04-21-2010 at 05:52 PM.

10. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Seven months later.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails corsa 014 (Large).jpg   corsa 022 (Large).jpg   corsa 037 (Large).jpg  

11. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    I'm not trying to talk you out of a project.....but after doing 4 projects in 6 years I can tell you with certainty that this boat will cost you many dollars, sleepless nights, and hours of your life. But the first time you hit the water......it will be worth every dollar, sleepless night and hour spent on it!

12. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jdub View Post
    I'm not trying to talk you out of a project.....but after doing 4 projects in 6 years I can tell you with certainty that this boat will cost you many dollars, sleepless nights, and hours of your life. But the first time you hit the water......it will be worth every dollar, sleepless night and hour spent on it!
    And thats why...dollar by dollar,,not millions by millions .LOL

Just do the main things first and go from there.

13. Collapse Details

Alright, I'm in a mood, and had a few beers.
    Just buy it.
    I wanna see all the destruction and reconditioning photos.

And at some point there MUST be a pic of you with a sawzall in your hands!

The best pic I've seen of that was Tomcei!!
    Anyone have that pic saved??

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Just buy it.

I forgot to get the sawzall pic on mine, but everyone has seen the results

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    Well said Adam. Shoot, I still remember when we talked (about Rocky's boat maybe?) and I honestly had you pegged as a bit of a tire kicker or a stroker. Glad you joined the family bro (who else would we have to accuse of looking like J-Roc).

One thing I've learned (the hard way, repeatedly) is used sh!t is just that... Used. Sh!t. If you get lucky, stuff runs like you hope it will for a while but more times than not, you spend a dollar to save a dime. I don't have any hard feelings about any of the used stuff I've bought. But at the same time, you won't see me buying used HP stuff anymore (and I know you guys that talk to me offline have heard that song and dance already). At the end of the day, odds are you'll spend more in the long run buying used vs buying new.
    Dude I couldnt agree more. Like I said, mine ran right for 2 years and then blew up. I ran it hard and had alot of fun. Now this year I am getting a lesson in cost of ownership. Luckily I can afford it but I know there have been alot of guys, not just on the boards but everywhere in this boating scene who bought these projects, realize how much it takes to get them to run right and then have to sell to the next guy at a loss. I am lucky I had alot of good advice when I bought mine. Most importantly, buy something as nice as you can afford and then wait for it to blow up while praying that you get some use out of it first. Remember the 28 Apache Tex bought? I nearly bought that boat but he sold it to Tex before I could see it. Well Ol' Tex blew a motor like the first time out and had a bunch of issues. I am sure it got expensive.

The idea of boats sitting on trailers for years being worked on can be fun for some guys but it is more a labour of love than I would ever be capable of. I would sooner buy a bay boat with a 90hp outboard and hit the lake and go fishing every weekend.
    Instead I hit the lake once or twice every 2 weeks, break something and then fix it for a week...then repeat. If you wanna mess with poker runs it is worse because any guy who likes offshore boats probably doesnt like to get passed by boats in your class/size so you run it hard. I cant even imagine what it is like, cost wise, to own something with 6's and big hp. You might as well light the fire at night with benjamins.

BUT when the throttle is down and the big block is roaring you aint thinking about cost, fixing, breaking, complaining broads, work or anything else other than "Phuck I love my life".

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ar15meister View Post
    Dude I couldnt agree more. Like I said, mine ran right for 2 years and then blew up. I ran it hard and had alot of fun. Now this year I am getting a lesson in cost of ownership. Luckily I can afford it but I know there have been alot of guys, not just on the boards but everywhere in this boating scene who bought these projects, realize how much it takes to get them to run right and then have to sell to the next guy at a loss. I am lucky I had alot of good advice when I bought mine. Most importantly, buy something as nice as you can afford and then wait for it to blow up while praying that you get some use out of it first. Remember the 28 Apache Tex bought? I nearly bought that boat but he sold it to Tex before I could see it. Well Ol' Tex blew a motor like the first time out and had a bunch of issues. I am sure it got expensive.

The idea of boats sitting on trailers for years being worked on can be fun for some guys but it is more a labour of love than I would ever be capable of. I would sooner buy a bay boat with a 90hp outboard and hit the lake and go fishing every weekend.
    Instead I hit the lake once or twice every 2 weeks, break something and then fix it for a week...then repeat. If you wanna mess with poker runs it is worse because any guy who likes offshore boats probably doesnt like to get passed by boats in your class/size so you run it hard. I cant even imagine what it is like, cost wise, to own something with 6's and big hp. You might as well light the fire at night with benjamins.

BUT when the throttle is down and the big block is roaring you aint thinking about cost, fixing, breaking, complaining broads, work or anything else other than "Phuck I love my life".

Adam, that is a sig line right there if I've ever seen one!
    Well said.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Just buy it.

Can't find the sawzall, but maybe this will do. Tom's a madman.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PC110001.JPG   SANY0083.jpg  

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

18. Collapse Details

Man i got some bad luck when it comes to boats. i guess a few people have emailed him saying im not serious about. Guy returned with a 6k hull price. so guesssing deal is dead i retured with a 5500 complete with power ill come pick it up now and not even look at it.

19. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaross97 View Post
    Man i got some bad luck when it comes to boats. i guess a few people have emailed him saying im not serious about. Guy returned with a 6k hull price. so guesssing deal is dead i retured with a 5500 complete with power ill come pick it up now and not even look at it.
    I think u waited tooo long and he maybe looked here , how much its realy worth.

I even think at 8-10 K its ok.
    Sorry for your luck

20. Collapse Details

whats up my brothers!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sawsall.JPG