Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    Rick,,,,WHY....to rebuild a complete engine ,is what ....2-3 K to take apart and check it and stick it back together ?????!!!!!!!

So what would that be ,,,,,,10, maybe 8500 + 3 + an other 3 for gauges,interior and a little TLC ????!!!!!!!

So 14-16 K for a cool 24 !!! mmmhhhhh sounds good to me ,,,but i relize i think diffrent all the time as others here..LOL

Maybe i should stop buying anything and fixing it ..LOL

For that price its worth checking it , but the cheap way would be to fly there and check it out,,then if ok drive up and get it !!!!
    I am just saying, the guy is full of chit already..........

Shipped back to Pantera to be fixed, but Pepe didnt do it??

14-16K is just a starting point to get it going, I have WAYYYYY more than that into my 24, and it isnt even where I want it. Like I said earlier, if he is stuck on a race boat, thats cool, but I kinda wish I went the pleasure route, already completed for me, and spent a little more upfront. I enjoy working on the boat, but also have a little bit of skill when it comes to wrenching, and playing with resin. I am not sure of others skill, or desire to do such, and just want him to be aware of what he is getting into, remember, we have 12 months a year to maintain these things, if we lose a few months for maintenance, no big deal, but that is not the case in other parts of the country.

2. Collapse Details

Maybe they shipped it to the Pantera that makes the basscat?

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

3. Collapse Details

Its worth a drive its only across the state and thats only 2 1/2 hrs at speed limits. so it can be done way faster,

But since i have never been next to a 24ft boat i just want to see the size of the pantera.

Who knows i may be jumping the gun but may pass on this one. Not soure just trying to figure out cheaper boat with out spending 20k+

The guy seems honets talked to him the title says its a 95 but Pepe is guessing it could be a 79 repainted in a different shade of yellow.

But guy who is selling boat wont be home till apr 15th so i dont think its going anywhere quick. maybe i can beat him up on the price say 7k?

Oh ya if i get a 24ft i got covered hoist to keep it on all summer. just have to leave the keys my uncls says.......

4. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaross97 View Post
    Its worth a drive its only across the state and thats only 2 1/2 hrs at speed limits. so it can be done way faster,

But since i have never been next to a 24ft boat i just want to see the size of the pantera.

Who knows i may be jumping the gun but may pass on this one. Not soure just trying to figure out cheaper boat with out spending 20k+

The guy seems honets talked to him the title says its a 95 but Pepe is guessing it could be a 79 repainted in a different shade of yellow.

But guy who is selling boat wont be home till apr 15th so i dont think its going anywhere quick. maybe i can beat him up on the price say 7k?

Oh ya if i get a 24ft i got covered hoist to keep it on all summer. just have to leave the keys my uncls says.......

I think u do the right thing by looking at it ,,,it may be your thing right there !!!!!!!
    But leaving the keys ?????? , mmmmhhhhh ,ok ..for me i could understand but your uncle...LOLOLOLOLOLOL

5. Collapse Details

If it looks decent enough in person, get it.
    Go through the engine, new gauges/wheel/throttles, new skins, go through drive, wiring, etc.
    With any used boat... its gonna take time and $ to get it where you want it.
    So get it and start chiseling away at the boat, your time and your $.

If you see it and it stirs the emotions... get it. It's what its all about. Enjoy it now if you can.
    Remember... you are dead a long time.

6. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stormrider View Post
    If it looks decent enough in person, get it.
    Go through the engine, new gauges/wheel/throttles, new skins, go through drive, wiring, etc.
    With any used boat... its gonna take time and $ to get it where you want it.
    So get it and start chiseling away at the boat, your time and your $.

If you see it and it stirs the emotions... get it. It's what its all about. Enjoy it now if you can.
    Remember... you are dead a long time.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    Only cost me around $1,500 to drive to Knoxville and back with a 28 on the back of the truck each way. You plan on running an alcohol powered truck to Washington and back? Or just planning on picking up 20 $50 truckstop hookers along the way?

You could always do what I did when I took the 24 out to Sean... I rented a Penske truck, drove it to PHX and flew back. I absolutely went overboard witha 26' box truck with a DT466 in it that got 8mpg. What I should have done was rent a V8 gas truck from Uhaul or Penske which would have probably saved me save me another $300 in rental fees and a couple hundred more in fuel...
    Last edited by duunoit; 04-10-2010 at 12:24 PM. Reason: oops, I know better

8. Collapse Details

Registered
    are u on your way to see it this weekend? hope u loveit enough to bring it home, it would be a fun build to follow. good luck, jaime

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JAIME View Post
    are u on your way to see it this weekend? hope u loveit enough to bring it home, it would be a fun build to follow. good luck, jaime
    I wanted to make a trip today but guy said he dont work in state and he would be home on the 15th, then i said ok ill be up on the 16 and he said he has a local guy that is dieing to buy it for the motor since he know all about it and that it was in a skater, so looks like i may loose out on this one, Ive been talking to the guy for a week and very interested in it then he goes and give another guy first dibs on the boat. OH well i guess frist one with cash wins.

still also working with JO and PP at pantera to actually find out what year this this really is because they dont recall making the boat.

10. Collapse Details

Banned
    I wanted to make a trip today but guy said he dont work in state and he would be home on the 15th, then i said ok ill be up on the 16 and he said he has a local guy that is dieing to buy it for the motor since he know all about it and that it was in a skater, so looks like i may loose out on this one, Ive been talking to the guy for a week and very interested in it then he goes and give another guy first dibs on the boat. OH well i guess frist one with cash wins.

still also working with JO and PP at pantera to actually find out what year this this really is because they dont recall making the boat.
    U know,,if your looking for a nice single engine ride,,,i know a guy that is willing to sell his 32 footer..LOL

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    U know,,if your looking for a nice single engine ride,,,i know a guy that is willing to sell his 32 footer..LOL
    ya i bet any boat is for sale for the right price. lol im put my limit at 30 ft

12. Collapse Details

Banned
    ya i bet any boat is for sale for the right price. lol im put my limit at 30 ft
    Well, if i hole the tape messure,,,we can make it 30 !!!!! LOL

13. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    HIN #NLOB34524395
    I'm taking a class in two weeks on "Marine Investigations" given by IAMI. 1/2 day will be devoted to HIN. The HIN above will be a good project to research for you. It will help me learn. I'll let you know what I find out.

Dude Sweet is probably right though about a new number being assigned, but still, the number is a little fishy.
    William (Bill) Love, SA
    Marine Surveyor
    www.lovemarinesurvey.com

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Love Machine View Post
    I'm taking a class in two weeks on "Marine Investigations" given by IAMI. 1/2 day will be devoted to HIN. The HIN above will be a good project to research for you. It will help me learn. I'll let you know what I find out.

Dude Sweet is probably right though about a new number being assigned, but still, the number is a little fishy.
    Hey thanks. It should be fun finding this out.

15. Collapse Details

Heard it sold for 8k.

16. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by no limits View Post
    Heard it sold for 8k.
    WOW,,thats cheap !!!!!

17. Collapse Details

I used UShip to bring mine from Lake St Clair to Houston, $1,100.00 - Upload a photo, put in a price and wait for the bids. Took about 5 days to get it here and 3 flats on the trailer. So if your looking at a boat you can get an idea of the shipping to factor into your costs. http://www.uship.com/boats/

18. Collapse Details

Well thats what i was going to pay. dude said he was out of down. WTF. oh well. Back to looking for a 28ft

19. Collapse Details

Well thats what i was going to pay. dude said he was out of down. WTF. oh well. Back to looking for a 28ft
    Don't take this the wrong way, but if you were going to pay 8k, why didn't you? I know if I want something, I'll do what it takes to get it. Can't go into anything half cocked or unsure. Like I said before, if you would have brought cash (and wanted it), you would have it in your driveway now! Do you want a 24 or 28...Either way, get it!

20. Collapse Details

Registered
    call the guy up, see if its sold. if not show tomorrow with cash