Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Hey Tim. I ended up on the phone the whole ride back today. Give a shout tomorrow if you're around.

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    The M24 looks like the best thing out there right now.
    This one looks rough, but if you have some love, it could be the right thing for you.
    When I bought my boat (Dude's old boat, no limits old boat, Ironmans old boat...) iwasn't ready to buy a dedicated race setup/no cabin boat. It's a funny wife thing...
    I could probably get away with it now...
    And if I were in the market, the M24 would be on my short list, or should I say it would be on the hitch headed home with me by now.

You havent seen ruff, til you saw how mine looked when I dragged it home.

3. Collapse Details

Well NO LImits, Do you know of the racing crash of the boat? back in 02?

And the new name on the side of the boat is all VINAL. and is just a yellow boat under the stickers.

I bet im crazy enough but i think im taking a road tirp. This yellow one is only 3 hrs max away from my house where the m24 boat is across the US from me.

IS their anything that i sould take as far as tools to inspect a boat.....?

4. Collapse Details

The reason im not even looking at the black m24 is just the distance is too big. I can save 2500 bucks in travleing cost and work missed than i can put into a local boat. just going to figure out what might it take to get this one going again.

5. Collapse Details

Couldn't be anything more than time and money and oh yea and beer

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by slpcamaross97 View Post
    The reason im not even looking at the black m24 is just the distance is too big. I can save 2500 bucks in travleing cost and work missed than i can put into a local boat. just going to figure out what might it take to get this one going again.
    If you absolutely MUST have a raceboat, then I believe you may be going in the right direction, but also, the M24 may need $2500 less worth of work??

Personally, and take this from someone who has restored a 24, if you dont need a race boat, buy a running pleasure boat, preferably one that someone here that you know and trust has either owned in the past, or currently owns. In the long run you will end up ahead in the $$ department, and WAY ahead on time, mine was off the water for 3 years, working on it every weekend, and even after compromising, and putting it on the water for 2 years to get my fix, it is back apart getting the transom done. If I had to do it over again, I would spend the $$ upfront and get a turn key boat.

7. Collapse Details

Banned
    No matter which one of those 2 u end up with,,they are both going to be KICK A$$ when done.

Lots of things i like on both of them and would not be scared of any thing on both.

Little work, little money and ready to rock & roll !!!!!

8. Collapse Details

Only cost me around $1,500 to drive to Knoxville and back with a 28 on the back of the truck each way. You plan on running an alcohol powered truck to Washington and back? Or just planning on picking up 20 $50 truckstop hookers along the way?

9. Collapse Details

Well NO LImits, Do you know of the racing crash of the boat? back in 02?

And the new name on the side of the boat is all VINAL. and is just a yellow boat under the stickers.

I bet im crazy enough but i think im taking a road tirp. This yellow one is only 3 hrs max away from my house where the m24 boat is across the US from me.

I heard it got a new deck according to this guy who has it, but not aware of it. What did Pepe or Jo say? I agree w/ you on Seattle...too far. Only 3hrs...go see it and if it's what you want, bring $8500 cash. Just remember, you can only stare at it for so long. It's somewhat of a project and projects take more $. I found out turnkey is much better unless you have time and money to work on it. Either way, it is a cool ride, I personally like it over the black one...just me.

10. Collapse Details

Banned

A small hammer, a flashlight, and if u have 1 ..a moister meter !!!!!

Like i said, i seen worse and they ran again with little effort.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    Only cost me around $1,500 to drive to Knoxville and back with a 28 on the back of the truck each way. You plan on running an alcohol powered truck to Washington and back? Or just planning on picking up 20 $50 truckstop hookers along the way?
    Well ill be running a GAS 2500HD with 4:56 gears. So with no load the best i have ever seen was 9 MPG. and towing i seem to stick around the 6-7 on flat roads. if i hit a hill then idk maybe 2 mpg if i dont down **** and the rpms shoot up?

PLUS DUDE you broke down and got a nice ride. so i would have to put money into the trailer to make sure it would make the run back. SO im guessing my figure was in the ball park. Plus paying for two guys food and on and on.

As far as JO and PP. I talked to PP for a bit today and he said boat is NOT a 95, He said it would have to be a 80s boat, and he never recalls building a yellow one, so he said it had to be a different color also. NOW as far as the deck and it going back to PANTERA, HE HAS NEVER DONE ANY REPAIR ON IT. So who knows if it was ever damaged or who repaired it if they did.

so im guessing a drive to take a look at it is not a bad idea i just wont be bring any cash so i dont get the "I WANT IT NOW" feeling.

12. Collapse Details

Also the pics guy sent me are the same ones someone got 3 years ago so who really knows what cond its really in now.

OH ya seller did mention that he did make sure there was nothing droped down intake. BUT says he cant run the motor till the new carb and motor were dyno together. so that a bit iffy.

13. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Pass........don't even waste your time or money. If your going to sink your money into a older one make it a 28! You'll grow out of the 24 before the season is over.

14. Collapse Details

Banned
    Also the pics guy sent me are the same ones someone got 3 years ago so who really knows what cond its really in now.

OH ya seller did mention that he did make sure there was nothing droped down intake. BUT says he cant run the motor till the new carb and motor were dyno together. so that a bit iffy.
    Just a thought,,WHAT IS SO HARD ON PULLING THE INTAKE AND CHECK IT BEFORE RUNNING ?????????

The 20 bucks for the gaskets ??

Once its off, u can look in all the heads and see everything !!!!!!

If u want a 24 ??? , then go check it out. if u are worried then pass. But i don't think its a bad 24 !!!!!!!

15. Collapse Details

Banned
    Here, u wanna see a nightmare ...................

OH, and its the one in my AVATAR !!!! LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12-26-2006-227.jpg   12-26-2006-213.jpg   12-26-2006-220.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

Banned
    There is NOTHING on Boats u can't fix !!!!

17. Collapse Details

Well ill be running a GAS 2500HD with 4:56 gears. So with no load the best i have ever seen was 9 MPG. and towing i seem to stick around the 6-7 on flat roads. if i hit a hill then idk maybe 2 mpg if i dont down **** and the rpms shoot up?

PLUS DUDE you broke down and got a nice ride. so i would have to put money into the trailer to make sure it would make the run back. SO im guessing my figure was in the ball park. Plus paying for two guys food and on and on.

As far as JO and PP. I talked to PP for a bit today and he said boat is NOT a 95, He said it would have to be a 80s boat, and he never recalls building a yellow one, so he said it had to be a different color also. NOW as far as the deck and it going back to PANTERA, HE HAS NEVER DONE ANY REPAIR ON IT. So who knows if it was ever damaged or who repaired it if they did.

so im guessing a drive to take a look at it is not a bad idea i just wont be bring any cash so i dont get the "I WANT IT NOW" feeling.
    Uh dude, that was $1,500 with hotels, fixing my stuff (trailer wheel bearing and tires and for the record, the free ride was back 50 miles not towards TN thank you Vessel assist) and feeding me and Kittycat John. John kept ALL the receipts. It's ok to say that the M24 boat isn't for you, but frankly excuses about how far a boat is from you are total BS in my book. They only made so many of them and the right boat is where you find it. Ask Wallin and Mange.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dude! Sweet! View Post
    Uh dude, that was $1,500 with hotels, fixing my stuff (trailer wheel bearing and tires and for the record, the free ride was back 50 miles not towards TN thank you Vessel assist) and feeding me and Kittycat John. John kept ALL the receipts. It's ok to say that the M24 boat isn't for you, but frankly excuses about how far a boat is from you are total BS in my book. They only made so many of them and the right boat is where you find it. Ask Wallin and Mange.

"They only made so many of them and the right boat is where you find it." Very true & I think that statements got a few of us written all over it..

Not sure if it counts since it was the first leg of the trip, but I think you fed me somewhere along the line as well..

19. Collapse Details

How did he make sure nothing got dropped??

If he is lyeing about the repair, who knows what else.

In my opinion, not even worth the drive to look at it, unless you are bored, and wanna be disappointed.

Run as fast as you can away from this one.

20. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    How did he make sure nothing got dropped??

If he is lyeing about the repair, who knows what else.

In my opinion, not even worth the drive to look at it, unless you are bored, and wanna be disappointed.

Run as fast as you can away from this one.
    Rick,,,,WHY....to rebuild a complete engine ,is what ....2-3 K to take apart and check it and stick it back together ?????!!!!!!!

So what would that be ,,,,,,10, maybe 8500 + 3 + an other 3 for gauges,interior and a little TLC ????!!!!!!!

So 14-16 K for a cool 24 !!! mmmhhhhh sounds good to me ,,,but i relize i think diffrent all the time as others here..LOL

Maybe i should stop buying anything and fixing it ..LOL

For that price its worth checking it , but the cheap way would be to fly there and check it out,,then if ok drive up and get it !!!!