Thread: Fountain

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Fountain
    As some probably know, some probably dont, I purchased Brian "Straightjacket" Fountain. I will be installing my engines and trannies. Pretty excited about the whole ordeal.

What we have is a 1990 38 Fever. Boat was a freshwater boat from ohio. Came from Factory as a 420/TRS boat on a myco trailer. Was sent back to Fountain years ago, and rerigged with ssm IV drives, blueprinted bottom, and 420HP mills converted to 525SC merc by Troy Dennis at that time. Along with a new paint scheme around that time also. I was told the boat ran 82mph with this setup.

Around 2005-2006, the boat got reposessed, and the engines, transmissions, and exhaust were gone. Our Friend Straightjacket purchased it in 2007.

Whats cool is the power going back into it will be close to what it was. Mark IV 454's, weiand 177 huffers, bigger roller cams and dart aluminum heads and stellings exhaust, and huber trannies.

The IV's are still on it, but are a crapshoot. Internal condition is unknown at this time.

Overall, I think this will be a fun project, and a fun boat when its all done. And I think our buddy Brian would be excited to see it out there with the rest of the group making noise.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fountian%20side.jpg   9418l.jpg   9419l.jpg  

9421l.jpg   9420l.jpg   9422l.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

That's a good looking boat! Good luck with her.

3. Collapse Details

I hope you dont go through women like you do boats! Nice looking boat and good luck!

4. Collapse Details

Brian and I picked the boat up in 07...he was leary of making the deal until we actually saw it in person....it is CLEAN. There is not a scratch on the hull, and the interior is in decent shape as well. I'm so happy to see this baby staying in the group...any time you need a hand Joe, just ring me up.

P.S. I think Joe will be a much more competent Fountain owner than me...he has more matching sweatsuits and a better head of hair.

P.P.S. Straight Jacket will only TRUELY be happy when you run down Kool-Aid Man! 1990 vs. 1990!

5. Collapse Details

Conratz & good luck w/ the engine package!!

6. Collapse Details

Kind of a bittersweet day. I'm sad to see so many things of his going but happy that it's staying in the group. So many people have said to me that "it's just stuff" but those of you that knew Brian knew that his "stuff" was very important to him. Though he'd prolly be the first to say he had to much and thats why so much of it never got completed.

Joe, best of luck to you and her- I can't wait to go for a ride.

7. Collapse Details

Bittersweet sums it up.

Alot of that going on lately as projects come to an end.

I am happy that its staying in the group and will be well cared for.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    P.P.S. Straight Jacket will only TRUELY be happy when you run down Kool-Aid Man! 1990 vs. 1990!
    Thats just crazy talk!!!! LOL.....cant wait to see it out on the water..I was involved with Brian from the get go on this and glad to see the boat is staying in the group...

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by redhotsommer View Post
    Brian and I picked the boat up in 07...he was leary of making the deal until we actually saw it in person....it is CLEAN. There is not a scratch on the hull, and the interior is in decent shape as well. I'm so happy to see this baby staying in the group...any time you need a hand Joe, just ring me up.

P.S. I think Joe will be a much more competent Fountain owner than me...he has more matching sweatsuits and a better head of hair.

Thanks mike, and i will be calling on you guys for some help....Not sure if I'll be runnin down kool-aid, but, it will sure be cool to see this boat and his next to each other on the water...like a 5.0 mustang and a IROC

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by kerigoff View Post
    Kind of a bittersweet day. I'm sad to see so many things of his going but happy that it's staying in the group. So many people have said to me that "it's just stuff" but those of you that knew Brian knew that his "stuff" was very important to him. Though he'd prolly be the first to say he had to much and thats why so much of it never got completed.

Joe, best of luck to you and her- I can't wait to go for a ride.
    One thing i know brian would like, and thats this boat with some old school stellings headers dry to the tip. And of course, a bilge lit up with red neon and lots of chrome

11. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=kerigoff;471596]Kind of a bittersweet day. I'm sad to see so many things of his going but happy that it's staying in the group. So many people have said to me that "it's just stuff" but those of you that knew Brian knew that his "stuff" was very important to him. Though he'd prolly be the first to say he had to much and thats why so much of it never got completed.

For those of you that don't know........A prime example of that is the attic in his back garage...I believe it bows downward a bit because he has something like...4 engines, 20 cranks, 10 sets of heads, some exhaust pipes...and various other things up there!!!!...gotta love it!!!!!

12. Collapse Details

These are whats going in, with some color added to them. Should look nice in a fresh bilge with lots of red LED lights around them at night.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 17927_1.jpg  

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    One thing i know brian would like, and thats this boat with some old school stellings headers dry to the tip. And of course, a bilge lit up with red neon and lots of chrome
    BZZZZZZZ....wrong a least on the Chrome....he use to make fun of me all the time...he'd say 'Kool-Aid just likes it cuz its Shiney'....now if you powercoated the headers black...you'd be right up Brian's alley!!

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Kool-Aid Man View Post
    BZZZZZZZ....wrong a least on the Chrome....he use to make fun of me all the time...he'd say 'Kool-Aid just likes it cuz its Shiney'....now if you powercoated the headers black...you'd be right up Brian's alley!!
    True, but he like those LED's! Whether on the trailer or in the cockpit!

15. Collapse Details

I agree!!

16. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=Kool-Aid Man;471613]Thats just crazy talk!!!! LOL...QUOTE]

Watch it boy, or im gonna take you down, down to chinatown!!!!

Seriously though, thanks to my bud kool-aid, for his help in getting my motors out of the old boat, and lending a hand gettin it ready for sale.

17. Collapse Details

Banned
    Congrats...i seen the boat a while back and its a nice clean boat...just needs some big power with tose #4's and get them checked out !!!!!!!!

It should be a nice toy when done....more power to ya !!!!

18. Collapse Details

Ironically enough, I found this on a memory card Saturday. This is the pic we sat on the bar at Key West last November.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails safetybrian_11X14.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

'Kool-Aid just likes it cuz its Shiney'

LMAO...that was a Brian classic.

20. Collapse Details

Congrats on the Boat Joe. Let me know if you need anything.

Mark