Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gun View Post
    I think WOT on my Sea Ray with Cummins 517's is 2,400 rpm.
    Same here.

2. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    And it depends on the engine. The Cat 3208's and then the 3126's were medium truck engines. Base power on one was about 220 horse. In the marine versions you got 375 horse. They didn't last long at all.
    3126's were used in many 38-42 express cruiser style boats when they came out in 97/98. Sea Ray used the 420hp version for the 42 Sundancer in 98. I'll never forget the first few days of spring that year. Something like 50 boats with those engines blew within the first 20 hours. That was my last year at sea ray.

Kind of like the Yamaha 300's. At delivery we would say we just pulled the pin on that boat, not that it was delivered b/c it would grenade within 5-10 hrs

3. Collapse Details

What brand/size diesels does bobtheboatbuilder have?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by PromoProducts-BP View Post
    Pretty sure triple Yanmar 485's.......Nortech has built a lot of V bottoms with that power.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by PromoProducts-BP View Post
    Trip Yanmar 480's. Arneson drives. Yanmar's turn 3450 RPM. Top speed 76 MPH. Can cruise 70 all day long. Lets me still do poker runs and long range cruising. 400 gal tank = 400 mile range.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder View Post
    Trip Yanmar 480's. Arneson drives. Yanmar's turn 3450 RPM. Top speed 76 MPH. Can cruise 70 all day long. Lets me still do poker runs and long range cruising. 400 gal tank = 400 mile range.
    Bob, how many hours do you have on Predator? You're my boating idol....you have to put a lot of hours on a year with the awesome trips you do.

7. Collapse Details

Jeff Burton is going with Cat power...

Burton Commissions Custom Boat: Jarrett Bay Boatworks announced details of a new 46' Sportfisherman project quietly started in January 2010 for one of NASCAR's most notable and respected drivers, Jeff Burton. After 13 years supporting NASCAR, and the second season as the primary sponsor of Burton's #31 Caterpillar Chevy, it was a natural choice for Burton - an avid sport fisherman - to power his boat with Cat engines. The 46' is Jarrett Bay's first pod drive-powered custom build featuring Cat C9 ACERT engines with Zeus Pods, rated at 575 hp. Burton sought the additional interior roominess afforded by the small footprint of the pods. Very involved with every aspect of his race car's design and performance, Burton is taking the same lane with the development of his custom Jarrett Bay. Plans are to deliver this landmark build to the Burton Family in under a year, and thanks to a media partnership with Marlin Magazine, families will be able to follow along with the construction through weekly photo updates, time lapse video pods, and even a blog about the custom build by Jeff himself.(RCR PR)(4-8-2010)

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TIKI View Post
    Bob, how many hours do you have on Predator? You're my boating idol....you have to put a lot of hours on a year with the awesome trips you do.
    350 hrs. See post # 20. I probably average about 250 hrs a year total with the three boats. I think the key to not getting tired of it is to find some new waters to boat in and do some things to keep it interesting. Boating the same waters over and over again may be why some guys eventually get tired of it and drop out.
    Bob

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
    Jeff Burton is going with Cat power...

Burton Commissions Custom Boat: Jarrett Bay Boatworks announced details of a new 46' Sportfisherman project quietly started in January 2010 for one of NASCAR's most notable and respected drivers, Jeff Burton. After 13 years supporting NASCAR, and the second season as the primary sponsor of Burton's #31 Caterpillar Chevy, it was a natural choice for Burton - an avid sport fisherman - to power his boat with Cat engines. The 46' is Jarrett Bay's first pod drive-powered custom build featuring Cat C9 ACERT engines with Zeus Pods, rated at 575 hp. Burton sought the additional interior roominess afforded by the small footprint of the pods. Very involved with every aspect of his race car's design and performance, Burton is taking the same lane with the development of his custom Jarrett Bay. Plans are to deliver this landmark build to the Burton Family in under a year, and thanks to a media partnership with Marlin Magazine, families will be able to follow along with the construction through weekly photo updates, time lapse video pods, and even a blog about the custom build by Jeff himself.(RCR PR)(4-8-2010)

He had one of the first Lazzara 80's and I don't recall the power but it was one of the fastest 80's they have built to date. Boat was named "Chequered Flag" and was put up for sale the year he lost his sponsor......