Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DollaBill View Post
    Desert Eagle .50 cal would prob do the trick. Just post a pic on the front door that this is whats waiting inside

When it comes to Desert Eagles, there are two distinct groups. One is the kid who has been saving his coin ever since he saw his first DE on TV and cant wait to turn 21 to buy one. The other is the 22 yr. old kid walking around at the gun show with a for sale billboard around his neck who cant give the piece of **** away for the price that he paid for it.

Magnum Research can thank Hollywood for its sucess.

2. Collapse Details

They're certainly popular in certain ethnic circles. Especially the gold plated tigerstripe version.

I doubt you could hit much with one. They're heavier than a bowling ball.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails golddej.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

I purposely left out the Reggie comment.

Worst case scenario, you could easily club your adversary to death with one.

4. Collapse Details

I appreciate the input from everybody. What the thread did most of all was reassure me that my plan to choose comfort and reasonable caliber over sheer stopping power is a prudent one. Grip size will be an issue too... I have big hands so that's why I have always favored large frame guns. My 9mm was a double stack mag with Pachmeyer grips, so there was something to hold on to, for sure.

5. Collapse Details

Personal protection and convenience all in one...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails gangstagun[1].jpg  
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

6. Collapse Details

This is always an option- if you want to blend in with the "locals".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Glock.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    I have big hands so that's why I have always favored large frame guns. My 9mm was a double stack mag with Pachmeyer grips, so there was something to hold on to, for sure.
    I have the same problem, and have never bought a true "carry" size gun for that reason. The bottom point on a short grip auto falls right in the crease of my palm and are just uncomfortable to shoot. A carry size revolver with a rounded butt is more comfortable. My personal gun right now is a Smith 629 Carry Comp that I really like, shoots great, wonderful trigger, very comfortable with 44 specials. It is not a small "carry" gun though. I really like Commander size 1911's also, would like to find a nice one, my favorite feel wise so far is the Kimber Pro CDP II, but havent heard any feedback on them. Anyone have any experience with them, or have an equivalent or better alternative?

8. Collapse Details

Shot a Sig @ indoor range whould not reccomend because of size and easy 1st shot then squeeze 2nd round well thats the way it felt anyway??22 cal for bulls eye with mags no stopping power but you hit what you aim at!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    They're certainly popular in certain ethnic circles. Especially the gold plated tigerstripe version.

I doubt you could hit much with one. They're heavier than a bowling ball.

I saw a group of Filipino kids shooting one of the gold plated ones at the range the other day. 3 pretty hot chicks and 3 guys. I have to give the girls credit, they could barely pick it up, but each one took a couple of half hearted shots at the target. They all were lucky the recoil didn't hit them in the face. They definitely limp wristed the gun. Damn near hit them in the top of the forehead. It was pretty funny. None of the kids shot the gun more than twice and put it away and went back to their smaller autos.

10. Collapse Details

I looked at a LOT of small carry guns before I bought one.
    I am very happy with the KelTec PF9. It took me a while to control it and call my self accurate, and I still have room to improve, but overall it's a great gun for it's size and caliber.

I wanted small, comfortable to conceal, and powerful. This one fit my bill. It's smaller and thinner than any Glock which is the popular carry choice. It's a single stack of 7 rounds, has no external safety, and fits in a front pocket if you want it to.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5255_1211593690718_1255048380_647263_6031678_n.jpg   5255_1211593730719_1255048380_647264_3046533_n.jpg   5255_1211593770720_1255048380_647265_1206480_n.jpg  

Brian Tillett; Active Thunder Factory Representative
    wwwActiveThunderBoats.com
    brian(a)activethunderboats.com

11. Collapse Details

My buddy has a Ed Brown Kobra Karry and it is a sweet piece. If money was no object that one would be my choice. I prefer 45's and 1911's and the bobtail frame makes a huge difference in conceal-ability.
    http://www.edbrown.com/cgi-bin/htmlo...30818820565212
    Apparently the link isn't right.

A pic of the Kobra Karry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kobracarry1.jpg  
    Last edited by Trim'd Up; 04-01-2010 at 10:10 AM.

12. Collapse Details

hmmmm , I like that PF9..
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Slandrew View Post
    Shot a Sig @ indoor range whould not reccomend because of size and easy 1st shot then squeeze 2nd round well thats the way it felt anyway??22 cal for bulls eye with mags no stopping power but you hit what you aim at!
    I disagree......I carry a Sig P229 in .40 cal. I carry's well and shoots GREAT !!! Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sig CCW.jpg  
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the
    American Military. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

14. Collapse Details

I won't buy a full size pistol unless it's a Sig. I love my P229 9mm that much, and have shot several others that all perform awesome.

It's a little large for me to call it a carry guy; even the P250 with the narrow frame. That's why I have the KelTec.

I do have a Miami Classic shoulder holster for it, but I don't wear jackets that often.

(The p-rail tactical light/laser only stays on the while in storage in the bedside q/a safe.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails n1255048380_349399_940572.jpg   n1255048380_349400_923933.jpg  
    Brian Tillett; Active Thunder Factory Representative
    wwwActiveThunderBoats.com
    brian(a)activethunderboats.com

15. Collapse Details

You can conceal a full size gun with the proper holster and clothing. I use a Little Bear IWB or a Crossbreed Super Tuck and never have a problem. My Sig P229 DAK is by far the bset shooting gun I have and I have alot including Glocks, Colts, Smiths,Para's, S&W's and Springfield. My Springfield XD(M)40 comes close to it though. 5:11 covert shirts work great.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the
    American Military. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

16. Collapse Details

I carry a compact glock 30 in the waist band Galco holster no problem. I still have a 34" waist. If I gain any weight the grip will print. I am 6'2" with large hands also and like the large grip the Glock provides.

17. Collapse Details

I carry my 4" XD .40 in a Comp-Tac Minatour IWB holster and it works great. Just bought a 3" Springfield 1911 .45 and waiting on the new hoslter for it.

18. Collapse Details

Off topic but in NY&NJ even cops have a hard time getting a full carry!

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bulletbob View Post
    I carry a compact glock 30 in the waist band Galco holster no problem. I still have a 34" waist. If I gain any weight the grip will print. I am 6'2" with large hands also and like the large grip the Glock provides.
    Interesting post. I am 6'6" and also have large hands. 36 inch waist. I don't want to gain either. Grip is an issue.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Slandrew View Post
    Off topic but in NY&NJ even cops have a hard time getting a full carry!
    Off topic but still interesting.