Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Guns.....................
    I want something.........don't know what?

I've had a 12 gauge and .22 bolt action since I was a kid.......In the last 18 months I've bought a 9mm and a 30.06. Now my wife has expressed interest in a pistol. For her I prefer a 9mm that is small and has an external safety or maybe a 38 revolver. Any suggestions? Any for sale?

My kids went target shooting with me yesterday and had a blast shooting a .410 my father has and the .22 rifle....My .22 is CRAP and broke!!!! We ended up using my grandfathers semi-auto .22 and that was much better. I'd like to find a decent little semi-auto .22 (or slightly larger caliber) for them to continue to learn with..........so again, an suggestions or any for sale? The youngest is 8 and did great, blasting gallon water jugs with the .410 at 20-25 yrds nearly every shot.....but the stock of the .22 is longer than his arm.

As a side note: When did gun purchases get registered with the FEDS? Meaning, they know about my pistol and rifle, but probably no records of my 12 gauge. If they start confiscating them like in Europe I'd rather own stuff they don't know about!!!!

2. Collapse Details

The NICS form (National Instant Check System) is just an instant background check. It is retained by the ATF for 7 years.

3. Collapse Details

Get Faith a nice 380 to keep you in line.
    Wicked

4. Collapse Details

Buy yourself an HK P7. You can find the Bund buybacks relatively inexpensively compared to the sporting imports. They're atonishing shooters. They're also about the safest shooters out there. I don't recall ever handing one to someone that didn't know how it worked and them figuring it out easily. The squeeze cocking is a unique and effective safety.

5. Collapse Details

f the replacement .22, the ruger 10-22 has been alive and thriving for years. lots of stuff available for it too.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    f the replacement .22, the ruger 10-22 has been alive and thriving for years. lots of stuff available for it too.
    2nd that.

7. Collapse Details

I bought the wife a Walther P22 last year and she loves it. I have also got my 13yo nephew shooting it and it is a great little plinker.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Walther 2-tone.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

Take her to one of the gun shows. She has to find something that is comfortable in her hand and purse, before worrying about caliber.
    There are usually 2 a month between Hampton and F'burg. I love GreenTop, but you have to have an agenda before you go in there. Bass Pro is helpful, but not that much of a handgun selection. Gander Mountain has a few, and don't forget about DeGoff's in old towne Mechanicsville.

I'll probably get one of these for MS one day:
    http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/Sho...&productid=265
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P238-TT-detail-L.jpg  
    Last edited by Sydwayz; 03-29-2010 at 02:30 PM.
    Brian Tillett; Active Thunder Factory Representative
    wwwActiveThunderBoats.com
    brian(a)activethunderboats.com

9. Collapse Details

Also, check out www.concealed-carry.net

This course will make here legal, but you will need to handle training in a different fashion.
    Brian Tillett; Active Thunder Factory Representative
    wwwActiveThunderBoats.com
    brian(a)activethunderboats.com

10. Collapse Details

my wife has a Sig P232, she really likes it. the HK is a good gun as well. x2 on the 10/22, was my first .22 and went through tens of thousands of rounds. I still have it somewhere. A nice bolt gun would be good as well

11. Collapse Details

Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    I want a Desert Eagle. Thats a bad mofo

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DollaBill View Post
    Useless pimp gun.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Useless pimp gun.
    fits his avatar

14. Collapse Details

Buy yourself an HK P7. You can find the Bund buybacks relatively inexpensively compared to the sporting imports. They're astonishing shooters. They're also about the safest shooters out there. I don't recall ever handing one to someone that didn't know how it worked and them figuring it out easily. The squeeze cocking is a unique and effective safety.

I have a HK UPS 40 that I love, that gun shoots amazingly. Every time I go shooting with people they are im pressed with how well I shoot, although I know its mostly the gun.

The downside is its a bit big to carry. I have always wanted a HKP7m10 but the cost has always scared me away. What is the "Bund Buybacks" ? I am not familiar with that term.
    2005 Formula 330ss

15. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ILMORdude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DollaBill View Post
    Shot one at my local range a few yrs back. Some younger business dude/pimp was blasting away and noticed me watching. He let me give it a whirl. Its an experience but damn near useless. Kept a couple shells for conversation!
    ILMOR High Performance Marine
    570-725 hp V-10 Indy Packages now available....even Racers Packages now!! PM me for details!! Ilmor.com

16. Collapse Details

Useless pimp gun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001_1.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

This is all you need, from Bambi blastin to basic home defense.

P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
    Now my wife has expressed interest in a pistol.

Take her to the biggest gun store in town, or a gun show. Let her handle, feel and pick out what she wants. I bought my wife a sig last year, she shot it once and never wanted to shoot it again, or ever carry it. I sold it, took her to the store and let her pick. She bought a ruger lcp .380 and a STI rogue 9mm.
    Now she wants to go shooting at least once a week.
    Who am I to argue?

19. Collapse Details

Start your wife out on a zero reccoil pistol. Something like a S&W22A, the long barreled version is the next best thing to Nintendo Duck Hunt. Once she masters that buy her/you an HK P7, you can argue over who gets to keep it later.

There are plenty of MFG's that build rimfire rifles, dont limit yourself to semi auto when teaching a child, its better that they understand some of the mechanicals of the firearm when first learning how to shoot. The 10/22 is a great little gun but I have a moral dilema with spending money on anything that has Ruger stamped into it.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Start your wife out on a zero reccoil pistol. Something like a S&W22A, the long barreled version is the next best thing to Nintendo Duck Hunt. Once she masters that buy her/you an HK P7, you can argue over who gets to keep it later.

There are plenty of MFG's that build rimfire rifles, dont limit yourself to semi auto when teaching a child, its better that they understand some of the mechanicals of the firearm when first learning how to shoot. The 10/22 is a great little gun but I have a moral dilema with spending money on anything that has Ruger stamped into it.
    She grew up in an extended family where no-one had guns. She can handle the Glock but is nervous with it. I figured if I got something that "looked" smaller she would likely be less intimidated. I was actually going to get the .40 instead of the 9mm but she expressed interest in shooting it some (so I went smaller caliber). Part of the logic is to simply have a second gun handy.

I went and saw a 10/22 tonight.....looks pretty cheap (and is for $269 w/ a scope it is) but not sure I like it.....my kids kept picking out stuff that looked exotic regardless of what is was. So what's the issue with Ruger? Don't tell me it's French....cause I'm not buying either then!!!!