Thread: Thermostat ????

1. Collapse Details
    Thermostat ????
    Can you run a thermostat with these crossovers? If so how do I plum it. Thanks Scott
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P2200305.jpg   P2200306.jpg   P2200307.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

registered
    I don't see a bypass on the crossovers - just an inlet - so I don't think you can run a T-stat with those.

Unless of course that little nub on the front unthreads and you can get a fitting in there and run a bypass straight to the top of the t-stat housing.

If You do end up running a t-stat it's advised that you drill some holes in the T-stat to keep water moving through the block at all times. If you go that route, it's advised then that you also have a pressure relief valve installed to avoid over-pressure situations when the t-stat is closed.

Here's how mine's plumbed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails crossover cooling.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CigDaze View Post
    I don't see a bypass on the crossovers - just an inlet - so I don't think you can run a T-stat with those.

Unless of course that little nub on the front unthreads and you can get a fitting in there and run a bypass straight to the top of the t-stat housing.

If You do end up running a t-stat it's advised that you drill some holes in the T-stat to keep water moving through the block at all times. If you go that route, it's advised then that you also have a pressure relief valve installed to avoid over-pressure situations when the t-stat is closed.

Here's how mine's plumbed.
    Allready have the pressure relief valves. I've allways run a thermostats. Maybe not this year.

4. Collapse Details

I don't think so

5. Collapse Details

you'd have to drill/tap the crossover and have a bung welded onto the t-stat neck....

Have you bought them already? I might be interested in the crossovers only.

6. Collapse Details

take that back, you might be able to "make" them work... If you don't need to use the sensor bung on the side of the t-stat neck you can plumb a hose down to the crossover and drill/tap it.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    take that back, you might be able to "make" them work... If you don't need to use the sensor bung on the side of the t-stat neck you can plumb a hose down to the crossover and drill/tap it.
    +1
    You can also adjust your water pressure here depending on the size fitting you use.

8. Collapse Details

Can't I just us the hole on the top of the t-stat for the sensor bung and plum from the crossover to the neck??

9. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SKRAMER View Post
    Can't I just us the hole on the top of the t-stat for the sensor bung and plum from the crossover to the neck??
    Yes, that's exactly what you want to happen.

But what I was referring to is that I don't see any place on the crossover to pull bypass water from....unless you drill and tap your own hole and install another bung.

The only problem I see though, is that the sensor hole on the T-stat appears to be on the small side. You'll only flow a very small amount of water through that and it may not be enough to keep your exhaust cool, and you will see high pressures due to the restriction. This should only be an issue until your T-stat opens up. Once it's open you'll have full flow.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SKRAMER View Post
    Can you run a thermostat with these crossovers? If so how do I plum it. Thanks Scott
    Would you mind letting me know if you accomplish this ? I have a similar setup & always wanted to run a themostat. I'm the guy that bought Stecz Cafe. Please don't hold that against me .... LOL.

11. Collapse Details

What about the two water outlets on the intake manifold. Would those flow enough water?? If I ran a hose from them to the top of the t-state housing?