Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

just visited the boat at the glass shop today, found a few more things to fix. some thin spots on the bottom from drystack or lift rubbing. gonna take a bit more than I thought to fix the previous repair on the side as well. seems someone resprayed gel on the bottom at some time too, gonna leave that alone though. more $ to spend, grumble grumble.......... want it done right though, not doing it again. so hopefully end of next week I get her back, all done and wheeled out. than i can get the interior up to snuff, get the gauges out and redone, and by that time it will be time to get on the water.

2. Collapse Details

ok, so now its the end of next week and still no boat. the guy working on it told me he doesnt mess around, would get it done asap. well that was bs, was in there monday to drop off my swim platform for paint, he told me everything done by the end of the week. stopped by there yesterday and they havent done a thing since monday, good thing noone was around or they would have gotten an earfull. i have a lot to do before its time to get on the water and they are putting me behind, i have half a mind to go start working on it in his shop, maybe he will get the picture.

3. Collapse Details

that really sucks.... I would be their every day

4. Collapse Details

so whats new Saber folks, been really dead here lately!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by hotjava66 View Post
    so whats new Saber folks, been really dead here lately!
    did i see your boat on the highway last saturday ??

todd
    Big Seas and Deep Vee's
    36' Deep Impact trip 300's, 19' Baron surface drive
    Ada Logistics your Flatbed Pro's

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by baronmarine View Post
    did i see your boat on the highway last saturday ??

todd
    nope, brought it home 3 weeks ago, been in the shop since. hopefully it will be done mid week and if the weather warms up I will serivce it and take a test run

7. Collapse Details

Registered
    your boat looks good, what year is it and what power? Jaime

8. Collapse Details

94' twin carb 502's at 425 ea

9. Collapse Details

Can't wait to see it this June! Looking forward to running side by side!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
    Can't wait to see it this June! Looking forward to running side by side!
    You gonna put some blocks behind your throttles or buy me a couple Whipples?

11. Collapse Details

the blocks sound a litte less expensive - lol

12. Collapse Details

ok, so now its the end of next week and still no boat. the guy working on it told me he doesnt mess around, would get it done asap. well that was bs, was in there monday to drop off my swim platform for paint, he told me everything done by the end of the week. stopped by there yesterday and they havent done a thing since monday, good thing noone was around or they would have gotten an earfull. i have a lot to do before its time to get on the water and they are putting me behind, i have half a mind to go start working on it in his shop, maybe he will get the picture.
    Is this a local guy you having problems with?

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed35cafe View Post
    Is this a local guy you having problems with?
    yes, not so much a problem as an inconvenience. nice guy and the work looks good, just that its taking him way longer than he told me. i know they had some other work come in and put mine on hold, just wont admit it.

14. Collapse Details

yes, not so much a problem as an inconvenience. nice guy and the work looks good, just that its taking him way longer than he told me. i know they had some other work come in and put mine on hold, just wont admit it.
    We dont need to drop any names here, but I feel like I recommended to you the guy who did mine on Huron Rd.? Is this him?

15. Collapse Details

Hey Eric, glad to hear she's coming along... slow progress is better than no progress... Good thing is its still probably in the 30's up there this time of year... So give the guy a break... haha... Just bustin your balls bro !!! Can't wait to see some shots of it sitting in the water !!!

Yeah its been waaaay to quiet around here lately so I will man up & take partial credit.

16. Collapse Details

Sorry, but I've been through this before.
    Had some issues with my old boat.
    Guy tells me "two weeks". Just not real happy about this idea, but it needs done.
    Ok, I can deal with two weeks (in season, none the less ).
    After two weeks with next to nothing getting done, I started showing up EVERYDAY after work, and I would keep him working until ten every night, and working alongside him. Show up with a 12'er, and get to work.
    I didn't really care that I was working on it myself also, and his work was good. Took 5 weeks to get it done, and I made the 4th fireworks by only a few hours with a new custom paint job.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed35cafe View Post
    We dont need to drop any names here, but I feel like I recommended to you the guy who did mine on Huron Rd.? Is this him?
    no, not him, I needed some gel work so took it to the local reputable fiberglass place, had him fix some spots on the bottom and a bad spot on the graphics. since he was painting the graphics had him do the platform too since he would have the color matched and mixed up already.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDcsRodShop View Post
    Hey Eric, glad to hear she's coming along... slow progress is better than no progress... Good thing is its still probably in the 30's up there this time of year... So give the guy a break... haha... Just bustin your balls bro !!! Can't wait to see some shots of it sitting in the water !!!

Yeah its been waaaay to quiet around here lately so I will man up & take partial credit.
    been way quiet, where you been? how is yours coming along? you better be ready for cleveland, its going to be a Saber reunion from what i hear. dont make fun of us northerners, lol, my friends had their boats in 2 weeks ago! gonna be 80 on friday and no boat *#@*%$#@.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Buoy View Post
    Sorry, but I've been through this before.
    Had some issues with my old boat.
    Guy tells me "two weeks". Just not real happy about this idea, but it needs done.
    Ok, I can deal with two weeks (in season, none the less ).
    After two weeks with next to nothing getting done, I started showing up EVERYDAY after work, and I would keep him working until ten every night, and working alongside him. Show up with a 12'er, and get to work.
    I didn't really care that I was working on it myself also, and his work was good. Took 5 weeks to get it done, and I made the 4th fireworks by only a few hours with a new custom paint job.
    believe me, i told him i was coming down to work on it in his shop!

20. Collapse Details

oh, was there again yesterday, they were shooting the clear on it, so hoping to have it before the weekend