Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by RPM View Post
    Randy's covers are as good as it gets! And no PITA to put on or take off.
    Just to clarify and I edited my post above to add, my current cover was one of Randys products. I've linked his website on several of my posts to try to help him out- looks like he has a great product and hoping to do business with him and see it first hand sooner than later.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by marine concepts View Post

Shane, you of all people should know my racing experience. The fastest boat doesn't always win.

Having raced Formula Cars for 3 years, setting 3 track records, several Championship Wins. Being 4th in the World at the Jet Ski World Finals at the age of 30, without sponcers and building my own engines. Also racing ProMod Drag cars for years. I think you saying THE MOTORS is totally wrong and a slap in the face.

My boat was not the fastest, and if you look at all the videos from the whole year, we never got a good start, many times we where the last one to the first turn, but yet we always moved up into the top 4 at every race. Yes I would get penalties for hitting someone, I don't understand why?!?

Anyway, even at the Worlds, we were not the first to the turn, but we did out drive the other boats. At the end of the day there is a fast line on any track, and a good driver knows where that line is, how to work the apex to keep the momentum up in the turns, how to read the water and the on coming waves. A good driver never looks where he is but looks 50 to 100 yards ahead. You must read and sometimes just follow other racers to learn how they set up for turns, what there habits are, and know when to strike!

You must know the limits of your boat and equipment. Little Speed would only run that fast with the props turned out, and on a cat with props turned out its very important that you balance the boat on top of a bubble or you will scrub 10 miles per hour real quick! That is something you can only feel with the seat of your pants.

Also don't forget I had one of the best throttlemen in the business, Little R and I made one heck of a team. We also spent weeks upon weeks practicing and trying every setup in the book, changing the bottom, moving weight, drive height, props, you name it we tried it.

So to say I had THE MOTORS is dis-respectful, besides Mercury sealed them before the boat was even taken out of the water, then taken to Lake X for tear down, and everything was legal because I didn't change a thing with the motors.

And lastly, I don't care if I was racing a shopping cart, I'll get it to the winners circle!
    you need to learn to take a little ribbing.... Irrelivent to our past, I have defended your driving abilities more than once...I know the racing class and watching 20 plus hours off the run offs was time spent soaking up entry angle and turn apex like a sponge...If you remember I put you in the waterbox a few times.... and for an old guy you dont do bad..
    I was actually defending them in destin in 06.....I am the first one to know it's not how fast u go but how fast you go around the track.....

3. Collapse Details

now that we have that cleared up... sponsoring rays boat what kind of deal you make him....

4. Collapse Details

And lastly, I don't care if I was racing a shopping cart, I'll get it to the winners circle!
    I'll see you in Wal Mart parking lot around 12:00 am .... it's on.
    Last edited by WeaponX; 02-28-2010 at 01:31 AM.
    Forget Lightspeed go straight to LUDICROUS SPEED!!

5. Collapse Details

This could get good !!!!

6. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=WeaponX;448523]I'll see you in Wal Mart parking lot around 12:00 am .... it's on.

Winner gets the cart crew shirt i have been waiting on...

7. Collapse Details

Not to sound negative to anyone, but the best I have ever seen is a cover made by Tropical Canvas in Toms River NJ he has been making custom covers for a long time.. He makes a total custom cover with inside soft fabric that will not scratch your boat to no wind flap and the best Fill and vent flaps so you can fuel your boat with the full cover on it.. I have one on my Donzi, Tom A has one on his 38 Comp and Speedracer has one on his 44MTI they all fit like a glove and cover your boat all the under the edge of your boat..
    Look at these pics of Speedracer being towed from NJ to Miami.. Also take a look at the wings he made for the custom hatches.. cool..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG00032.jpg   IMG00033.jpg   IMG00034.jpg  

Frank Civitano

www.njppc.com

8. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    [QUOTE=Jesse James;448527]

Winner gets the cart crew shirt i have been waiting on...
    We want video.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

9. Collapse Details

You better watch it or I'll tell everyone how you tried to take the wheel from me on the way home from the Poker Run! That still makes me laugh!!!

10. Collapse Details

You better watch it or I'll tell everyone how you tried to take the wheel from me on the way home from the Poker Run! That still makes me laugh!!!
    All I heard was the vibration bumps and saw the ditch.....just missed out on the lights behind us.

The dream of the blond I was in the middle of had the better of me.
    Forget Lightspeed go straight to LUDICROUS SPEED!!

11. Collapse Details

lmfao.....

12. Collapse Details

did he awake you by hitting the brail strips???? he was flying the plane home afte we went and looked at some trucks and they thought it would be funny to see if they could make me hit the ceiling from a dead sleep...

13. Collapse Details

I had a similar cover for my 28 Pantera. Hot Duck had it custom made when he had the boat. It fit like a glove and probably had 15000+ miles of towing with it on. It was made the old fashion way and they had to have the boat there to make it. It was a great cover. At most, after a long trip, you had to wipe off some dust that got underneath it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P4150093 (Large).jpg  

14. Collapse Details

something like this one i had made for my cig, it worked really well, boat was always clean when i got there
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0548 (Medium).JPG   IMG_0549 (Medium).JPG   IMG_0551 (Medium).JPG  

IMG_0558 (Medium).JPG   IMG_0554 (Medium).JPG  

15. Collapse Details

local tarp company did this one...great job felt lining on all portions that touch the boat and outboard. this one also has Velcro access for fueling as well
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2400 rannger bay.bmp  

16. Collapse Details

Those are all great pixs guys, I know its not a new idea, but what is a new idea is the way it would fit. All of these cover so far are made the old fashion way, with seams here and there and tucks that cause wrinkles. With making them in auto cad, the fit would be perfect and all seams would run with the lines of the boat, I want to do it with no poles as well. I'll do my Dragon first and post pixs later to show the dfferance.

17. Collapse Details

I'll do my Dragon first and post pixs later to show the dfferance.[/QUOTE]

or little speed

18. Collapse Details

Those are all great pixs guys, I know its not a new idea, but what is a new idea is the way it would fit. All of these cover so far are made the old fashion way, with seams here and there and tucks that cause wrinkles. With making them in auto cad, the fit would be perfect and all seams would run with the lines of the boat, I want to do it with no poles as well. I'll do my Dragon first and post pixs later to show the dfferance.
    No seams would be great...curious on the no pole idea...especially with the size of some of these open cockpit boats. wind flapping will be an issue there for sure...keep us posted on your progress.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by wanabeboatn View Post
    No seams would be great...curious on the no pole idea...especially with the size of some of these open cockpit boats. wind flapping will be an issue there for sure...keep us posted on your progress.
    It's hard to explain, but when we use Auto-Cad, we put a curve in the seam in the middle where the cockpit is, this puts pre-loaded pressure on the fabric, much like a cone shaped tension tent, it will appear to be as tight as a drum, but it really is just in the design, this way the fabric can not move or flap in the wind. Much like if you roll a bead on a peice of sheet metal. Hope that makes sence to ya.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    I'll do my Dragon first and post pixs later to show the dfferance.
    or little speed [/QUOTE]

Surething, if you would return my text about the shirts!!! LOL