Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer22 View Post
    Now, I have a handle on getting more money for this fix. would it be wiser for me to install a crossover kit and remove the circulating pump. remove the thermostat and purchace a thermostat controlled oil cooler? Also, talking to Eddie (who has been awesome help) i am going to install an oil tem gauge.

My only issue is I run the V-belt sytle system and 3 of the belts use the circulating pump. I am not in the market for a serpintine system. What do i do with the belts. Do i just go direct to the power steering and alternator with shorter belts?

And is buying a used crossover kosher or is there a good system out there? I do not need anything flashy. My engine is balck and blue and i do not care how it looks. it looks like a big bruise and i am ok with that. so is there any crossover kits that are painted instead of chrome?
    I would keep the circulating pump and add a oil T-Stat and oil temp gauge.

2. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert: Ford PSD's fixxxer22's Avatar
    I was looking at the perma-cool 1070 on summit. I am looking at $8-900.00 for a thermostat controlled oil cooler. or about $400.00 for the eddie marine cooler Eddie reccomended. The thermostat from perma-cool is like $50.00 and looks like it may do the trick. The hardin marine ones are very very expensive. I am just confused as how to hook it up.

I am looking at having to buy pistons now due to the fact that i have staining in my bores that i let go by last year. I have some omey to spend on this build but i wanna go good on hard parts. i was just wondering if i should ignore the cheap in me and get the expensive thermostat or get the normal cooler, watch my temps and go from there.
    Now recruiting Mississippi power boaters.

3. Collapse Details

Looks like there is a hardin marine thermostaticaly controlled oil cooler available for 600.00 i might just go that route. I will be drinking keystone and eating ramen but i will have a good running engine.

4. Collapse Details
    Talking
    I got rid of the circulating pump when I did my 502 over and when I did it a second time added pistons made it 9.5 to1 hyd roller cam , merlin heads vee belts just bought smaller ones made 647hp with bg 850 dart intake and 670 with intake block and 1050 nickerson felt a lot more going to the 1050. now have a custom Dean Gellner carb by a shop CFM and Dean is making a custom intake by playing with a brodix intake. so don't stop at 500hp doing new pistons/cam you should make a health 600 plus might as well go to 509. that motor set up and the shortie drive helped get me to mid 80s. but you need headers for this to forgot that part oops. good luck .

5. Collapse Details

since you need a cooler just get one with the thermo/ powersteering/oil cooler all in one I think hardin and ke and cp sell them for 600.00 your in good hands with rm and yp take care .

6. Collapse Details

Ohhhh yes i am in good hands with RM. i got a thermostat controlled cooler. just need help with plumbing. which line goes where and what not. bob said that with my factory heads and gils i may be in the 560-570 range for hp. the lifters are here and the pistons are on the way. and he is making me a spec sheet so my builder cant phuck it up.