1. Collapse Details
    Who takes Celebrex?
    Took it for nearly 6 years after my car wreck and shattered hip.Read a lot about long term side effects,a doctor buddy said it can beat up your kidneys pretty bad over time.I quit taking it about 2 months ago with no problems.But lately my hip is really acting up,went back to my walking cane today(bummer).Thinking about getting back on the Celebrex,but still have concerns.Any thoughts?

2. Collapse Details

ok..the bad news... you can loose 2/3's of your kidney function before there are any signs, by then your headed for dialysis.

The good news.. simple blood tests and urine tests can show how the well the kidneys are functioning.

Here is some info..

http://www.labtestsonline.org/unders...nine/test.html
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

3. Collapse Details

customers have talked about grape seed extract, read up on that?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magicfloat View Post
    Took it for nearly 6 years after my car wreck and shattered hip.Read a lot about long term side effects,a doctor buddy said it can beat up your kidneys pretty bad over time.I quit taking it about 2 months ago with no problems.But lately my hip is really acting up,went back to my walking cane today(bummer).Thinking about getting back on the Celebrex,but still have concerns.Any thoughts?
    Ihave been on it for two years now steady with OC 40s for a yr then OC 20s and am getting off them now pretty much off as of today but still take percs this was from the knee replacement 1 1/2 yrs ago thats not working, AIG MADE me change docs mine wanted 5g to much for surgery. and they forced me to sign off comp otherwise they were going to drop my fathers comp and put him in a pool$$$$$. I am thinking this might be negligent on both aig and doc long story shot I woke up in O.R on table at end of surgery in massive pain they missed putting a block in my leg and it was down hill from there. on a good note my liver and kidneys are fine I was up to 80mg of oc 45oxy plus 3other drugs. Iam trying to put up with the pain so if another surgery is done by new doc pain meds will work better. also have two piss tests and blood tests a year my CL is at 240 was 300.

5. Collapse Details

I took it for a couple years after a few injuries. I have to say it definitely works, but I quit taking it a few years ago and haven't had any issues since. I did have a scare where my kidneys were giving me troubles while taking it (aka shutting down), but it was before the issues with it were widely known. I was also taking a ton of bodybuilding supplements that could be hard on your kidneys so the celebrex was surely not only to blame.