Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
  1. Collapse Details

I saw a new silver crew cab dually and I got to have one. Thought I wanted another black truck but maybe it is time for something else. This one I saw was a GMC, new plates big ol' chrome tail pipe, looked lifted but not sure. He is around my area of business so I am going to keep a look out and talk to him about it and maybe a get a pic. It is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Luv the new body style!
    Last edited by sweet addiction; 02-23-2010 at 10:31 PM. Reason: spelling

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    The chevy dlr changed it so you are probably right!!
    They tried to say my excess idleing warm up. Shoulda known better.
    To reset it, turn ignition on but don't start the engine and within 10 seconds press the gas pedal to the floor 5 times. OIL LIFE RESET will flash on dash display if you did it right.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sweet addiction View Post
    I noticed this on mine not long ago. Put new batteries on it in the fall. Some where during that time the engine hours reset, but it does not bother me just does not match the mileage which sucks. mine is a 2005. I forget if that motor is the LBZ or LLY I get confused.
    I have only known this stuff for about thirty days, so not trying to play expert here.... but you have an "early LLY" since it is a 2005. You have a few different internals. The 2006 LLY was essentially the same as the LBZ, and the ECM can be told to be act like an LBZ.

A couple of the guys here on serious turned me on to the diesel place and it has been an amazing resource. They have independent sections for each different version, so you can read and post issues related to your specific build. Here is yours:
    http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by sweet addiction View Post
    I noticed this on mine not long ago. Put new batteries on it in the fall. Some where during that time the engine hours reset, but it does not bother me just does not match the mileage which sucks. mine is a 2005. I forget if that motor is the LBZ or LLY I get confused.
    All 2005's are LLY's. The LLY debuted in mid-season 2004. I had a 2004.5 LLY.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    To reset it, turn ignition on but don't start the engine and within 10 seconds press the gas pedal to the floor 5 times. OIL LIFE RESET will flash on dash display if you did it right.
    All of my GM's are 3 depressions of the gas peddle to reset oil life monitor.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me View Post
    All of my GM's are 3 depressions of the gas peddle to reset oil life monitor.
    I suspect you are right but I just got in the habit of 5 times to make sure it reset!

7. Collapse Details

Registered
    My '99 was 5 but my '01 was 3. I guess they figured people finally realized you don't have to "pump it a few times" before you start it...