Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    2011 GM Duramax upgrades......
    GM spent some money on the chassis upgrades and "reworked" powertrain.......meaning the Duramax will be rated to pull 20,000 lbs in 2011.

I suspect that will be in a gooseneck setup and in a 2WD dually with 8 gallons of gas, a 120 lb driver and no passengers, empty truck right down to the glove box and no CD in the radio!

2. Collapse Details

No. The 20,000 is with the crew cab, long box 3500 dually and a 36 gallon tank.
    Base tow rating for the new frame is 16,000

Don't hate. Appreciate. GM just came out with the fastest, most powerful production one ton.

Brakes went from 12.8" to 14" to accomodate larger wheel options.

New intake setup to eliminate the old snow collection in blizzard conditions complaint.

All new Allison tranny.

New optional allison driven exhaust brake, power take off and driver shift control.

Bad news: urea exhaust fill every 5,000 miles. (Welcome to enviro-weenie decade)
    Also an't use chips and controllers without having them tattle to GM at warranty time.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

3. Collapse Details

I love my classic, but here is some info on the new trucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfTV86Fkh9s
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    No. The 20,000 is with the crew cab, long box 3500 dually and a 36 gallon tank.
    Base tow rating for the new frame is 16,000

Don't hate. Appreciate. GM just came out with the fastest, most powerful production one ton.

Brakes went from 12.8" to 14" to accomodate larger wheel options.

New intake setup to eliminate the old snow collection in blizzard conditions complaint.

All new Allison tranny.

New optional allison driven exhaust brake, power take off and driver shift control.

Bad news: urea exhaust fill every 5,000 miles. (Welcome to enviro-weenie decade)
    Also an't use chips and controllers without having them tattle to GM at warranty time.

Also note "BIGGER WHEELS AND TIRES" unfortunately they look like they got taken directly from a Ford F350.

Fund- I am a GM fan, 9 new GM trucks in 20 years, still own 4 including a 150K mile Duramax. Just suspect their "test numbers" may be done Reggie Fountain style.......

5. Collapse Details

Max and his new girlfriend, the new Allison 1000
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X11PT_8C010.jpg  

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    Also note "BIGGER WHEELS AND TIRES" unfortunately they look like they got taken directly from a Ford F350.

Fund- I am a GM fan, 9 new GM trucks in 20 years, still own 4 including a 150K mile Duramax. Just suspect their "test numbers" may be done Reggie Fountain style.......
    "Look like, suspect...."

I'm not defending GM, just the facts. Your thread was a very sarcastic approach to your "suspicion." I thought I would put up some alternative viewpoints. I'll wait to see whether GM is "reggie" all of a sudden.

The nice thing about all the ford owners, doubters, malcontents and comedians who are "suspicious" is that it is driving up the value of our classics. Please continue. I would love to sell my LLY/LBZ one ton for more than I paid, if I ever let it go.

Maybe post this thread on every forum that you visit.

7. Collapse Details

I love my classic, but here is some info on the new trucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfTV86Fkh9s

Carl Hillenbrand needs a new jacket......the buttons are pulling bad over the belly!

8. Collapse Details

I must have been looking at the truck.

You could be a fashion expert. Maybe we'll see you on Bravo some day.

9. Collapse Details

"Look like, suspect...."

I'm not defending GM, just the facts. Your thread was a very sarcastic approach to your "suspicion." I thought I would put up some alternative viewpoints. I'll wait to see whether GM is "reggie" all of a sudden.

The nice thing about all the ford owners, doubters, malcontents and comedians who are "suspicious" is that it is driving up the value of our classics. Please continue. I would love to sell my LLY/LBZ one ton for more than I paid, if I ever let it go.

Maybe post this thread on every forum that you visit.
    My 03 "classic" is a great truck but I don't suspect it is climbing in value..... To me the truck is a tool (long since paid for) and just like a shovel or any other tool I own I wouldn't buy another one just to have a new one. The old one has to be broken or unusable. That and I don't want to spend 50K on a new one!

10. Collapse Details

My 03 "classic" is a great truck but I don't suspect it is climbing in value.....
    Right. Not so much the first generation LB7.
    More like the third generation LLY and LBZ. (2006-2007) After most of the fixes and before the new emissions crap. Also, before the tattle tale ECM.

11. Collapse Details

My biggest issue with the new trucks is having to pay to have someone to pee in the exhaust every 5,000 miles.

12. Collapse Details

My biggest issue with the new trucks is having to pay to have someone to pee in the exhaust every 5,000 miles.
    Not sure about the 5K mile part.....I had two diesel Mercedes SUV's recently that also needed that refill and after 50K miles on one I never did it once. I suspect there is an interval but it can't be 5K miles...even oil changes are longer than that!

13. Collapse Details

I can only find references to 5,000 miles, whether it's the car and driver review, the truck forums, etc. The fluid will be used, so the tank will gradually empty and sensors in the tank will cause a limp mode condition if you ignore them.

14. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert: Ford PSD's fixxxer22's Avatar
    The new 2011 ford... If the pee pee tank goes empty the truck will warn you a few times then it will only idle. To force you to refill the tank. Our interval is supposed to also be in that 5k range. we just got our first 55 gallon drum of it.
    Now recruiting Mississippi power boaters.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer22 View Post
    The new 2011 ford... If the pee pee tank goes empty the truck will warn you a few times then it will only idle. To force you to refill the tank. Our interval is supposed to also be in that 5k range. we just got our first 55 gallon drum of it.
    A couple of the truck shops that are my customers just got it also.I wonder who the first idiot will be that tries to be cheap and puts gasin there.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer22 View Post
    Is this a simple enough process that the customer can do it? Easy as an oil change or windshield washer refill? Stopping at a dealer to have it done would be a huge pain in the azz if you have to do it every 5K miles!

17. Collapse Details

Right. Not so much the first generation LB7.
    More like the third generation LLY and LBZ. (2006-2007) After most of the fixes and before the new emissions crap. Also, before the tattle tale ECM.
    Just what I have 07 classic and love it and pulls the Ciggie

18. Collapse Details

Is this a simple enough process that the customer can do it? Easy as an oil change or windshield washer refill? Stopping at a dealer to have it done would be a huge pain in the azz if you have to do it every 5K miles!
    Here is what the fill looks like. (Courtesy news.pickuptrucks.com)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6a00d83451b3c669e20120a4eb4d87970b-800wi.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

Here is what the fill looks like. (Courtesy news.pickuptrucks.com)
    me no see nothing

20. Collapse Details

Now I do..