Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    It's not just turbos- and there are no wastegates.

The manifolds are pulse tuned. The turbine inlets operate on a constant-pressure principle that keeps the compressor spooled at all times, negating the turbo lag common ith turbo setups with boost-controlled wastegates. There are valves integral to the exhaust that regulate gas flow. Merc is applying for a patent on the design.

The blades and center sections are 3rd party. The rest is Merc.

Personally I think they look kinda' blah. Sitting next to other engines in this range, they're plain in comparison. But so is the 1075. If you're $400K+ deep in a pair of engines, pulling some pieces off and sending them off for chrome or custom paint probably isn't a barrier. As exposed as the valve covers are, I'd expect to see aftermarket pieces very quickly.

Chris,

No disrespect to Mercury,........But Tom Earhart has been Pulse tuning for over 15 years. It's nothing Mercury invented even though they are applying for a patent.

Yes I know thes pictures have been posted before.
    And the low end power has been talked about as well as no Turbo lag............

Well my friends that is the Pulse Tuning,.......again Tom Earhart had it figured out a long time ago, but there's more tricks in the bag than just pulse tuning.

My opinion the best part Mercury has going for them is the valve train.
    Other than that not much is different.

Might want to look at the Intake manifold on Tom's engine too. Ever see one like this? Can you find the fuel system ? No Carbs,.......no Fuel rail ??

Anyways enjoy

Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Check300-4.jpg   Check300-5.jpg   Check300-6.jpg  

Check300-7.jpg   Check300-3.jpg   Check300-1.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Few More,.....Hard for many to understand but there are many years of development here and it's far more indepth than just hair dryer's and waste gates.

Fuel system, isn't the magic either before anyone jumps on the band wagon. Just showing allot of the thought that was put
    into the continued development of Earharts engines.

Anyways enjoy the pictures.

Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Intercooler_water_1.jpg.jpg   Water_Neck_Painted_5.jpg.jpg   Assembly_3.jpg.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cougarman View Post
    Chris,

No disrespect to Mercury,........But Tom Earhart has been Pulse tuning for over 15 years. It's nothing Mercury invented even though they are applying for a patent.

Yes I know thes pictures have been posted before.
    And the low end power has been talked about as well as no Turbo lag............

Well my friends that is the Pulse Tuning,.......again Tom Earhart had it figured out a long time ago, but there's more tricks in the bag than just pulse tuning.

My opinion the best part Mercury has going for them is the valve train.
    Other than that not much is different.

Might want to look at the Intake manifold on Tom's engine too. Ever see one like this? Can you find the fuel system ? No Carbs,.......no Fuel rail ??

Anyways enjoy

Jon
    cool, who's run'n these??????

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleface View Post
    cool, who's run'n these??????
    Why would anyone run them ??? Turbo's didn't work in boats until February 11, 2010

To answer your question there are a few more in the works for a Big Offshore.

Thanks
    Jon

5. Collapse Details

Why would anyone run them ??? Turbo's didn't work in boats until February 11, 2010

To answer your question there are a few more in the works for a Big Offshore.

Thanks
    Jon

6. Collapse Details

Jon[/QUOTE]

Jon Now thats some SERIOUS bling
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bling.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Chris,

Jon
    I had first met Tom nearly 20 years ago now. He metioned exhaust pulses the first time we ever talked turbos. Tom is an incredible guy. Certainly never afraid to break outside of what is "accepted". Every time I was lucky enough to hear what he had been up to, I was amazed. Drag cars, monster trucks, snowmobiles, helicopters, ALWAYS amazing!!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by rschap1 View Post
    I had first met Tom nearly 20 years ago now. He metioned exhaust pulses the first time we ever talked turbos. Tom is an incredible guy. Certainly never afraid to break outside of what is "accepted". Every time I was lucky enough to hear what he had been up to, I was amazed. Drag cars, monster trucks, snowmobiles, helicopters, ALWAYS amazing!!

Very well put,..........seems the people that need extraordinary.....some how always locate Tom. And Tom always seems to exceed whats on the market
    and way ahead of the Market.

Jon