1. Collapse Details
    2009 OSS Race Info
    Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    Posted By Ron Polli

Thanks for everyone's input. It's not falling on deaf ears.

This schedule is not official yet, but it's real close.

Biloxi - March
    Clearwater - April
    Lake Cumberland - May
    Sunny Isles Beach – June - with run to Bimini and back
    Kenner – July - Al Copeland Invitational
    Orange Beach - August - Invitational
    LOTO – Sept
    Worlds – Jupiter - October - Invitational

We also have a new TV show that should be announced next week or the week after.

I'm going to Lake Cumberland next week to meet with the authorities to hopefully get a green light for the next few years.

As for unification it won't happen anytime soon if ever, but joint races should be simple to do and a benefit for everyone involved. We did a few joint races with POPRA in the past. Hopefully we'll do some races with OPA in 09. As for SBI, I've tried 3 times in 08, it's clear to me now that working with SBI will never happen so I've given up on that one. (not SBI Bashing, just fact)

OSS is working with Stu and the Florida Powerboat club to bring racing and Poker Runs to the same FL venue. We'd love to work with other Poker Run groups at the other race sites outside of FL.

We are interested in improving our sport and our production. Like Pete B said, we are also in the entertainment business. Cities pay a lot of money to bring our show to their town, we need to give them their money's worth in return. So in 09 you'll see OSS doing HEAT RACING (like we did in Orange Beach this year) wherever possible. You'll see the elimination of the 525 Vee and Vee Extreme classes and in their place will be the two P1 style Power to Weight ratio classes. We also added 4 classes to accommodate the P-Class racer. No GPS units, we do it using average lap speeds.

I continue to be a fan of the sport and work for the betterment of OSS and the sport in general. I'm open to new ideas and concepts. If you'd like to talk, call 732 552 0669 or send me an email rpolli@offshoresuperseries.com.

Lets work together to make 09 the best season of racing yet. Thank you for your thoughts and assistance.

Ron
    Ryan Beckley

2. Collapse Details

registered
    Anyone have any details on the Clearwater race?

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Glad to see that the 2 Worlds wont be on the same wekend....

4. Collapse Details

I will make the LOTO races in 2009. I am sorry I missed them this year.

5. Collapse Details

Registered
    I made it to the races at the Ozarks this year and it was a blast. The only thing that I could suggest would be to make sure its not the same weekend as the Kansas Nascar races (I know everyone always says that) and that would bring tons more people down there. I love what you guys are doing so keep up the good work!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by FCMarine View Post
    I made it to the races at the Ozarks this year and it was a blast. The only thing that I could suggest would be to make sure its not the same weekend as the Kansas Nascar races (I know everyone always says that) and that would bring tons more people down there. I love what you guys are doing so keep up the good work!
    Nascar moved their Kansas race to October for 2009 to help out all the fans of the OSS Loto race..

7. Collapse Details

no different than the world series, or being the world champion of the NFL or NBA... It's an American thing, we think we are the world.

but I agree with ya, the season points title is more impressive than one good or lucky week.
    Last edited by OldSchool; 11-20-2008 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Quote from deleted post removed-Off topic

8. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Sunny Isles has a great pits location. It is just inside the inlet at a park. The boats were on pavement and there was a walk path tunnel to the ocean side at the south turn.

I hope it is at the same place.

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    Cig - Who is that girl???? Send me an email or PM with your phone and email and I'll put you in contact with the race producer. I'm sure he could use some help.

And I forgot to mention that we'll continue with Heat Racing like we did in Orange Beach. I don't think it would work in Sunny Isles Beach, but Biloxi, Cumberland, Kenner, Orange Beach and ESPECIALLY in LOTO. This is the future of our sport in the environment that we are racing today. Plus it allows for in-race interviews during the pit stop. Fans love it and it's like having two back to back short races. Winning the first race gives you the pole position in the second race, so it's scored as one race.

10. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    PS - We are also contracting with a professional sports marketing firm to find sponsorship for OSS, it's race sites and its teams. More on this in a few weeks.

Enjoy the off-season!

11. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron P View Post
    Cig - Who is that girl???? Send me an email or PM with your phone and email and I'll put you in contact with the race producer. I'm sure he could use some help.

And I forgot to mention that we'll continue with Heat Racing like we did in Orange Beach. I don't think it would work in Sunny Isles Beach, but Biloxi, Cumberland, Kenner, Orange Beach and ESPECIALLY in LOTO. This is the future of our sport in the environment that we are racing today. Plus it allows for in-race interviews during the pit stop. Fans love it and it's like having two back to back short races. Winning the first race gives you the pole position in the second race, so it's scored as one race.
    Lucy Pinder...Incredible ain't she?!
    Sending PM.