Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Advise on new vinyl for my 36.
    I have decided on the carbon fiber looking vinyl, I really like the light grey and graphite look. I don't think it will look good on my boat since nothing on teh boat is dark colored.

Anyhow here are some samples I had made up with different color combination s. Let me know what combination you think will look the best.

I don't think I like the piping at all unless it is the same color as the vinyl.

This interior seems to be changeling to two tone. But all white is so hard to keep clean. I was hoping to darken up some ares to make it easier to keep clean.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2980.jpg   IMG_2974.jpg   IMG_2977.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Interior Pictures, this isn't mine but my front seats are the same my back seat has 3 separate seats.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails interiorfront.jpg   12881_2.jpg   5731_1176114155972_1021634092_30558106_801932_n.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

More Vinyl
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2970.jpg   IMG_2971.jpg   IMG_2976.jpg  

4. Collapse Details

Here is another.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1030416.JPG   P1030425.JPG   P1030436.JPG  

5. Collapse Details

Boat Pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5731_1176114075970_1021634092_30558104_491661_n.jpg   5529_1124715961575_1337423783_30423159_1012421_n.jpg   5529_1124716001576_1337423783_30423160_2484334_n.jpg  

6. Collapse Details

I like the way this looks but not sure what I would do with the dash. since my bolsters tie right into the dash, Also don't know how good all that grey will look on my boat since there is no grey on it at all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2008_skater_308_2.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

sorry, I like the white. Sometimes things are better the way they are.

8. Collapse Details

I also agree with the classic white.

Mine is a pearl color (sort of iridescent in the sun) and when I redo mine I will probably do the same color and use things like the grab handles, and steering wheel for the accents.

Also, what color is your carpet?

Here is a couple pics of mine (plain, but classic)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OctNov 08 023 #2.jpg   shootout 09 0261.jpg   DSC01858[1].JPG  

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Airpacker View Post
    sorry, I like the white. Sometimes things are better the way they are.
    I too like white. All white.

10. Collapse Details

The carpet is Purple so are the grab rails and gauge trim rings. But these are all things I can change. I keep thinking all white also, but most everyone I see is all white. I am going to redo the side panels also to make them more functional, adding cup holders, storage. Also trying to make the boat look more modern.

I've been tossing this around in my head for months now and can't make a decision.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tu Tama View Post
    The carpet is Purple so are the grab rails and gauge trim rings. But these are all things I can change. I keep thinking all white also, but most everyone I see is all white. I am going to redo the side panels also to make them more functional, adding cup holders, storage. Also trying to make the boat look more modern.

I've been tossing this around in my head for months now and can't make a decision.
    I agree on the cup holders and stuff. When I put red bezels on my guages I bought red cup holders as well. Long story short I ended selling the cup holders to a friend and decided to go cup holder less because I felt they would just give people a reason to have full beverages spilling all over when we are underway. Without the the cup holders they know to finish up drinks before we get moving. I did buy some suction cup can koozies from levorsi that work well for my wife and I.

When I first got our boat I thought about redoing everything before I arrived back at the idea of keeping her classic. Now I am saving my money so I can freshen up the paint and upgrade power at some point.

I do like your windscreen. I want to possibly do something like that eventually because my flip up screens make for a pretty windy ride.

12. Collapse Details

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUNk3YGa-s8

Not sure if you have seen this clip, but around 3:26, and 7:58 you can see the cockpit pretty well as they are pulling into harbor. I believe this one was a 2004 and one of the last ones that bobby built. I really like this set up with the dash, guages, cabin door, windscreen etc. If I opted to change mine from original this is probably the direction I would go because it still looks classic with tasteful accents but isn't crazy so it looks like a box of crayolas took crap.
    Frank might have some better pics of this one and know the history.

Hopefully this is somewhat helpful and isnt' just confusing you more
    good luck and take pics for the rest of us.

-Josh
    Last edited by baywatch; 02-07-2010 at 10:14 AM.

13. Collapse Details

I have seen that video before but never paid attention to the interior, thanks, it is helpful. I don't think I like that int as well as mine.

14. Collapse Details

I have to say that I like the white too. But I agree with Tu Tama that the piping is nicer in the same color.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by baywatch View Post
    I agree on the cup holders and stuff. When I put red bezels on my guages I bought red cup holders as well. Long story short I ended selling the cup holders to a friend and decided to go cup holder less because I felt they would just give people a reason to have full beverages spilling all over when we are underway. Without the the cup holders they know to finish up drinks before we get moving. I did buy some suction cup can koozies from levorsi that work well for my wife and I.

When I first got our boat I thought about redoing everything before I arrived back at the idea of keeping her classic. Now I am saving my money so I can freshen up the paint and upgrade power at some point.

I do like your windscreen. I want to possibly do something like that eventually because my flip up screens make for a pretty windy ride.
    I actually think Baywatch is right I do like the looks of the classic boats and we all know they are a piece of history thats why I'm trying to keep my old scarab original enven though a lot of people don't like the radar archs..good luck on whatever you do>>maybe I'll see you on the water

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by baywatch View Post
    I also agree with the classic white.

Mine is a pearl color (sort of iridescent in the sun) and when I redo mine I will probably do the same color and use things like the grab handles, and steering wheel for the accents.

Also, what color is your carpet?

Here is a couple pics of mine (plain, but classic)
    I have the pearl color as well. One thing I can say is after workig on various other gofast boats with white interior, I like the pearl better.. It's much easier to keep clean and doesn't stain as bad.

My interior is original 1995, it has held up pretty well so if/when I redo it I'll probabably keep it the same but add a few cup holders and also some storage on each side, just ahead of the bench. Bobby said there's a molded plastic piece that you can buy to make this possible. Warpaint's 36' has/had them.

17. Collapse Details

Also, if/when I do the interior I think I'm going with regular pearl vinyl on the seats, bench and sun pad but carbon fiber pearl on the side panels and dashboard.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Also, if/when I do the interior I think I'm going with regular pearl vinyl on the seats, bench and sun pad but carbon fiber pearl on the side panels and dashboard.
    I am original 1995 as well. I think that you tube clip I put up shows the recessed area infront of the bench for cup holder on that one etc.

19. Collapse Details

I did see the recessed cups, I may call and ask Bob about them. I wasn't crazy about the look of them, but it sure would be easy to install one of those over building my own.

Mine boat is a 97 and the vinyl is also all original, people actually think I am crazy for redoing it. It is in great shape, the only bad spot is a couple of holes in the sunpad.

I don't think just fixing the sunpad is an option I could never make the new vinyl match the old. Plus I just can leave well enough alone... It's one of my weaknesses.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by kvscarab38 View Post
    I actually think Baywatch is right I do like the looks of the classic boats and we all know they are a piece of history thats why I'm trying to keep my old scarab original enven though a lot of people don't like the radar archs..good luck on whatever you do>>maybe I'll see you on the water
    I actually did see your boat at the Port Clinton run last summer and at Kelly's on a couple occasions but, never did have a chance to meet you. I'll be sure to look for you this summer.