Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Shafts View Post
    2TR,
    I agree! I would make an exception/grandfather AKULA since he is running a blower (I think??). The best rule you came up with is the "NO POUTING"
    Only rule that ALULA needs to adapt is a scatter shield around his motor. So when that 1000 hr war horse lets loose I don't get smacked up side the head with a piston.

2. Collapse Details

Simple Rule..........Gimmie the keys. I'll let ya know where you are racing.
    Wazzup Racing Engines
    OPA Racing

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing View Post
    That's the ticket.
    Rich Smith
    Smith Brothers Offshore Racing Team
    Cotnertrailers.com 611

4. Collapse Details

Better you than Dean

5. Collapse Details

LEAVE IT ALONE ITS BRACKET RACING. NO RACE GAS
    Last edited by p-f-e; 02-19-2010 at 07:28 PM.

6. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert/Competitor/Charter Member

Me first ............
    The Michigan Madman
    url]www.crockettmarineengines.com[/url]

7. Collapse Details

Seriously we need to know for sure whats allowed and whats not before we waste our time rigging for this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P2200025.JPG  

8. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Build it! Same rules as last year-no new parameters.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrGaryDC View Post
    Working with emotions and feelings wont work. Where does the line stop. There is talk about props, drives, etc. You can be very specific and even add no steps on the bottom for a class. Where does it end. If i was in charge, i would create simple rules
    I think if they see a b1 over 24 they will put you in p5, p6 boats should run 70 with a b1 22 or 24 depending on rpm. OPA has done a great job when I ran in 02 before OPA my 26 prop put me in p5. hope to finely see you guys at the races shooting for p4 waiting for power to show up next week Ihope so we can get this think together get motor scoop done and x. are there any rules on running a blower in class 4?

10. Collapse Details
    Charter Member
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by AIR TIME View Post
    I think if they see a b1 over 24 they will put you in p5, p6 boats should run 70 with a b1 22 or 24 depending on rpm. OPA has done a great job when I ran in 02 before OPA my 26 prop put me in p5. hope to finely see you guys at the races shooting for p4 waiting for power to show up next week Ihope so we can get this think together get motor scoop done and x. are there any rules on running a blower in class 4?
    single engine vee with blower in Class 4 should be fine.Call Smitty to confirm.
    Looks like there will be a strong group of boats from New England this year with TKO,AIR TIME,BOXER and NOPPER MARINE.Great to have all of you guys back racing with us.

11. Collapse Details

I think Re-Enforcer is a single engine Blower boat in C4

12. Collapse Details

Hey guys I’ve reading threw all of this and honestly I think the pump gas rule has a designated target and at the end of the day it comes down to the crew what good is it when you have a gazillion horse power and number 6 drives with a million dollars when you don’t know how to run the boat. I’m not saying I’m being singled out but let’s use me as an example, I watched the back of cotner trailers boat alllll yearrrr with correct me if I’m wrong a 496 and a stock bravo drive?? So what good was my race gas and my imco drive? Look all I’m saying is at the end of the day we stop at 70 and the race is won with the crew and seat time. Just the way I feel about it.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by WazzupRacing II View Post
    Hey guys I’ve reading threw all of this and honestly I think the pump gas rule has a designated target and at the end of the day it comes down to the crew what good is it when you have a gazillion horse power and number 6 drives with a million dollars when you don’t know how to run the boat. I’m not saying I’m being singled out but let’s use me as an example, I watched the back of cotner trailers boat alllll yearrrr with correct me if I’m wrong a 496 and a stock bravo drive?? So what good was my race gas and my imco drive? Look all I’m saying is at the end of the day we stop at 70 and the race is won with the crew and seat time. Just the way I feel about it.
    In my case, I am not targeting anyone. If we did adopt a gas rule, any boat that ran in 2009, in my opinion should be grandfathered. Not to worry, other Smith brother, we got your back!

Rich
    Rich Smith
    Cotnertrailers.com 611

14. Collapse Details

Not to worry, We have a new motor for Boomer. On the fuel issue, it would be a lot of work to sample the class every race. But if thats what the class wants, Ok.
    Wazzup Racing Engines
    OPA Racing

15. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    no it wont,,,do what they do in cart,,a pump around,,, pull 20 gals out of the boats and pump 20 back in ,,who ever spent the big money for the hot fuel just shared it with the 10 others..
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

16. Collapse Details

Competitor
    When this thread started, suggestions were being sought to discuss rule changes or "tweek" the rules. My goal was to keep 6 affordable-therefor my suggestions were aimed at affordabliity, not any specific boat.
    Anyway, the class is growing, so lets get ready to "get it on!" (once the snow melts!)

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    no it wont,,,do what they do in cart,,a pump around,,, pull 20 gals out of the boats and pump 20 back in ,,who ever spent the big money for the hot fuel just shared it with the 10 others..
    That would be time consuming and a a fire issue. From my involvment with Grand Am Rolex and Continental Tire series, anytime fuel is pumped in or out full fire gear and fire bottles are involved.
    I don't think that is a practical answer. Sampling is the most practical solution if a fuel rule is adopted. We so it in SCCA all the time.

Rich

PS WatchaGott under the hatch Boomer??
    Rich Smith
    Cotnertrailers.com 611

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Shafts View Post
    Anyway, the class is growing, so lets get ready to "get it on!" (once the snow melts!)
    Barnegat Bay Winter Racing Series!
    Rich Smith
    Cotnertrailers.com 611

19. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert/Competitor/Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbracing View Post

Rich

PS WatchaGott under the hatch Boomer??

This..................
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 4826_1096182122977_1179305234_30253022_275672_n.jpg  
    The Michigan Madman
    url]www.crockettmarineengines.com[/url]

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Crockett View Post
    This..................
    I thought that was under the hatch of the Joker! Nice piece, one of yours?
    Rich Smith
    Cotnertrailers.com 611