Page 76 of 84 FirstFirst ... 26 66 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1668
  1. Collapse Details

Steve, do you have a picture of Camilo's 33 staggered when it was being built???

2. Collapse Details
    Black 38'
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
    Danny had a damn good eye and his persistence, fanatical drive made his boats known world wide he even had a "Black" 38 at the beach show one year, impressive!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lowblue320 View Post
    Steve, do you have a picture of Camilo's 33 staggered when it was being built???
    There is a photo record of everything that was built there and even video.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powerplay25 View Post

That is a cool looking boat, Thanks for posting it.
    Slippery when wet. PODLESS TUNNEL www.cheetahcat.com ,Repairs, Modifications and Truing Cheap reliable speed.

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member - E Dock GENERAL LEE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerplay25 View Post

If that's the one Steve Schuble ended up with, I got to ride in it a few years back. It was solid as can be, and nice looking throughout. It had a flat screen TV down in the cabin, if that rings any bells as to which boat it is?

Thanks again for all of the great info & pics guys.

6. Collapse Details

There is a photo record of everything that was built there and even video.
    Do you have any pics of the boat that you can post?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lowblue320 View Post
    Do you have any pics of the boat that you can post?
    Yes down the line.

8. Collapse Details

It was the Internet Lies Period that started ALL the problems there and caused 30 good people to lose their jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! taking down a company built on Racing ,hard work blood sweat and tears that built a solid product with brand recognition. How do you stay in business and sell boats with bad press from these alleged "Experts" bad mouthing you?
    Just curious, but how could THAT many overblown internet comments make that much of an impact on business? I only ask, because "usually" there aren't hardly ANY people that own, or have experience with the boats they talk down on, making the comments irrelevant?

Like I mentioned earlier, I have heard great things about Powerplays after getting to know people directly involved, owners, even riding in a few. I can't BELIEVE however, that there could be enough people worth listening to on internet forums, to make even a slight impact on selling boats? I'm ONLY asking, because Powerplay going down is one of the ones that really sucked to see go. As I mentioned earlier, I've liked their boats since I was 10 or so years old.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    Just curious, but how could THAT many overblown internet comments make that much of an impact on business? I only ask, because "usually" there aren't hardly ANY people that own, or have experience with the boats they talk down on, making the comments irrelevant?

Like I mentioned earlier, I have heard great things about Powerplays after getting to know people directly involved, owners, even riding in a few. I can't BELIEVE however, that there could be enough people worth listening to on internet forums, to make even a slight impact on selling boats? I'm ONLY asking, because Powerplay going down is one of the ones that really sucked to see go. As I mentioned earlier, I've liked their boats since I was 10 or so years old.
    There was a Major internet forum devoted to bashing Powerplay day after day after day ,The sales stop then things snowball down hill fast after that.

Powerplay was in business 23 years ,It was not some over night created Company . Ego's combined with the power of the media killed all that hard work.

10. Collapse Details

I saw it all happen in fact was in Danny's sisters office when he came through and said the crew was getting laid off then and he was closing,To me it was like a death occurring.

11. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There was a Major internet forum devoted to bashing Powerplay day after day after day ,The sales stop then things snowball down hill fast after that.

Powerplay was in business 23 years ,It was not some over night created Company . Ego's combined with the power of the media killed all that hard work.
    That is too bad. They made a great boat. I was very familiar with them because of the Powerplay/Powerquest suit up here.

It is incredible how many internet rumors used to get companiy's in trouble when it was first becoming popular. Now, at least most of the time, people understand the internet is a place where facts need to be checked out.

I sure love all the pictures you have of the boats and boat builds. I think you've posted more than I have.

Have you always been one to document your work in such detail? Or was this something you learned along the way due to an issue or?
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

12. Collapse Details

That's just brutal! I hate to hear that, because those were some killer machines.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    That is too bad. They made a great boat. I was very familiar with them because of the Powerplay/Powerquest suit up here.

It is incredible how many internet rumors used to get companiy's in trouble when it was first becoming popular. Now, at least most of the time, people understand the internet is a place where facts need to be checked out.

I sure love all the pictures you have of the boats and boat builds. I think you've posted more than I have.

Have you always been one to document your work in such detail? Or was this something you learned along the way due to an issue or?
    No actually I learned that from Danny, before in my career I rarely took photos to busy trying to finish like at Jaguar and long before that but I learned how important the pictures are.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GENERAL LEE View Post
    That's just brutal! I hate to hear that, because those were some killer machines.
    I have posted really nothing yet of what went on there it was pretty cool.

15. Collapse Details

Banned
    OK, since all my old posts been deleted..and Steve and i don't know why..i will chime in again and give this thread a boost before it falls a sleep..lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PP dan weinstein.jpg   pp 16.jpg   1489a.jpg  

16. Collapse Details

Interesting.

17. Collapse Details

Sobering Photograph I was going through my files and found this.

18. Collapse Details

Banned
    Sobering Photograph I was going through my files and found this.

Nice ..new york race..what year Steve , do u remember ??

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    Nice ..new york race..what year Steve , do u remember ??

I was overseas maybe and do not remember where the photo came from maybe Jack Clark.

20. Collapse Details

Another Jaguar, maybe New Orleans we won ,they drug me away from the shop to crew chief the boat, one hell of a party the night before.