Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11 51 57 58 59 60 61
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1210
  1. Collapse Details

"It's the economy, stupid"

Almost 20 years ago Bill Clinton won the presidency in a race against a popular incumbent president with "It's the economy, stupid" as his theme.

Today, more than ever, this should be the theme of every current politician running for public office.

All of this talk about health care reform, birthers, etc. is totally useless.

"It's the economy, stupid!"
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by clayinaustin View Post
    "It's the economy, stupid"

Almost 20 years ago Bill Clinton won the presidency in a race against a popular incumbent president with "It's the economy, stupid" as his theme.

Today, more than ever, this should be the theme of every current politician running for public office.

All of this talk about health care reform, birthers, etc. is totally useless.

"It's the economy, stupid!"
    But how many times can you run on the bad economy? One of the scariest things to me was Phil Gramm as McCain's economic dude. Everyone has "advisors", Obama had Buffett, whom he didn't listen a lick to.

Yes, they can use the slogans again, I suppose.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
    But how many times can you run on the bad economy?
    IMHO, every single time! People care more about their job and their financial security than any other single issue!

Yes, I want lower taxes, but I want to stay employed even more!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by clayinaustin View Post
    IMHO, every single time! People care more about their job and their financial security than any other single issue!

Yes, I want lower taxes, but I want to stay employed even more!
    No question about that. Many states enacted tax cuts in 2006, including Texas. Some were particularly off budget, since the major backloaded impact wasn't to lick in until after the budget window. The cuts were not only not paid for, but no planning was done to ensure they would not have negative impacts in future years.

From this year on, states that aggressively cut taxes will have a decade or more of pain. Michigan, New York, Arizona, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming and others are going to bear a huge burden of staying stable in bad times. It pays to plan.

5. Collapse Details

Excellent line today about Democratic politicians:

The only thing I know for sure is that the Democratic party is incapable of addressing or channeling this. They couldn't sell a joint in Jamaica.

6. Collapse Details

Finally, sanity rises tot eh top. Ron Paul won the straw poll. Paul is a small government, fiscally conservative Libertarian. Funny thing is, the same crowd the voted him by a big margin, booed the announcement. Let the Republican party civil war commence.

7. Collapse Details

I have been saying "I am a Libertarian" for several years.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingCat View Post
    Finally, sanity rises tot eh top. Ron Paul won the straw poll. Paul is a small government, fiscally conservative Libertarian. Funny thing is, the same crowd the voted him by a big margin, booed the announcement. Let the Republican party civil war commence.
    I thought they wanted his son Rand to run?
    Run until it sounds expensive

9. Collapse Details

Libertarian is a tainted name because there are many wacko's who claim to represent the party. However, Libertarian and Independent are fast becoming the voices of the Center.

I am not sure why they voted for Paul but booed him. It would seem that, like the rest of America, the silent majority DOES NOT agree with the vocal minority.

BBB, I'm not well read on Paul's son yet. But his name has been discussed on the national scene. Are his beliefs similar to his father?

10. Collapse Details

Where is Steve1? Should we get radical again?