Page 6 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 56 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I can't see his teleprompter either.

2. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by cuda View Post
    Me neither.
    Not true. No slam at all.

Leave the Canadian silliness alone and we'll debate.

I enjoy your energy actually.

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sarah is un-electable. She may have had a chance if she had stayed as governor to finish her term out, which she was elected to do and had an obligation to her constituents to complete.

There is no way, in my opinion, an adversary could not use that against her to destroy any sense of obligation or willingness to complete a tough position to the end.

Face it, when a better, more profitable, and easier opportunity came along, she bailed.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Does this mean we can never talk about France, Iraq, Iran, North Korea, China, etc., etc., again???????

Come on Joe, if you don't think an outside citizen looking in with no US media brain-wash is a good thing, you should reconsider.....
    I think a person should clean their own house before they tell us how to clean ours.

Would you say that France, Iraq, Noth Korea etc has no problems of their own to worry about?

C'mon man.

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I think a person should clean their own house before they tell us how to clean ours.

Would you say that France, Iraq, Noth Korea etc has no problems of their own to worry about?

C'mon man.
    Same thing; Iraq, Iran, North Korea, etc we should not talk about until we clean up our own house? Hell, we'd never talk about them. Our house is currently totally screwed up with no end in sight.....

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
    I dont have any to solve that dont stem from down there so I thought I'd give you guys a hand.
    Thanks, but no thanks. Keep your problems north of the 49th parrallel, and we will keep ours south of it. We will let you know when we require your insightful input.

7. Collapse Details

Sarah is un-electable. She may have had a chance if she had stayed as governor to finish her term out, which she was elected to do and had an obligation to her constituents to complete.

There is no way, in my opinion, an adversary could not use that against her to destroy any sense of obligation or willingness to complete a tough position to the end.

Face it, when a better, more profitable, and easier opportunity came along, she bailed.
    I don't do politics Buddy, serious ? Why did she leave office??? Again, sincere?

8. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Along the same lines as an explanation, I listen to BBC when I get a chance to see what our strongest ally thinks of us and our policies. Because I do not believe we get the exact truth from the media, and that all politicians and news-media have a personal bias they try to pass to us no matter what we think or who we trust.

9. Collapse Details

No cutting and pasting allowed pal.

I understand the dates involved. But having the right to vote is only part of it.

If you cant congregate or communicate without fear of reprisal and spread the word openly, having the RIGHT is like having a 1 inch penis.
    More American history from above?

10. Collapse Details

Same thing; Iraq, Iran, North Korea, etc we should not talk about until we clean up our own house? Hell, we'd never talk about them. Our house is currently totally screwed up with no end in sight.....
    As far as I know, you can still move to Canada, if you have a valid passport. I'm not so sure about Iraq, Iran, and North Korea. I don't think there are a lot of Americans wanting to sample ther ideas of freedom.

11. Collapse Details

Registered
    More American history from above?
    Just wanted those that I was conversing with to get it correct.
    I dont mind helpin out.

12. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    As far as I know, you can still move to Canada, if you have a valid passport. I'm not so sure about Iraq, Iran, and North Korea. I don't think there are a lot of Americans wanting to sample ther ideas of freedom.
    You lost me there Joe.

13. Collapse Details

Don't go ruin this thread for me guys. I haven't participated in a while because of time constraints. This is actually a pretty decent one.
    In other words, "Be reasonable. See it my way".

14. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Just wanted those that I was conversing with to get it correct.
    I dont mind helpin out.
    That is one of the biggest issues with chatting on line, it's hard to explain a point made when taken other than how meant.

15. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    In other words, "Be reasonable. See it my way".
    Now you got it.........

No, I'm just saying I see way too many threads edited and closed because people get pizzed and start name-calling etc. instead of trying to back up their point of view with facts and explanations.

Makes it tough to learn and improve.

That's why I wish there was a viable third party......

16. Collapse Details

Registered
    Along the same lines as an explanation, I listen to BBC when I get a chance to see what our strongest ally thinks of us and our policies. Because I do not believe we get the exact truth from the media, and that all politicians and news-media have a personal bias they try to pass to us no matter what we think or who we trust.
    Actually you use Britain as your strongest ally as a misnomer.

You see an ally as anyone that joins you in battle only.
    On a percapita basis Canada has fought the struggle in Afghanistan with as many soldiers as anyone and actually has fought in the worst region there longer than anyone.

And on a day to day routine Canada has been and will continue to be the USAs largest trading partner, despite what people all see coming from China.

And we are sharing stuff that counts , namely oil water and lumber rather than cheap TVs and Barbie Dolls.

17. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Actually you use Britain as your strongest ally as a misnomer.

You see an ally as anyone that joins you in battle only.
    On a percapita basis Canada has fought the struggle in Afghanistan with as many soldiers as anyone and actually has fought in the worst region there longer than anyone.

And on a day to day routine Canada has been and will continue to be the USAs largest trading partner, despite what people all see coming from China.

And we are sharing stuff that counts , namely oil water and lumber rather than cheap TVs and Barbie Dolls.
    Truthfully, I'm just the opposite of Joe and think of Canada as our friend and neighbor more than ally. They are our largest trading partner, longest unprotected border in the world, and much of our family tree was from there between Europe to here. Almost like a sister state...

I'd vote for a North American dollar to offset the power of the Euro longterm and it would include Canada, US, and Mexico.

18. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    And how can you possibly say that cheap TV's and Barbie Dolls aren't important??????

19. Collapse Details

Truthfully, I'm just the opposite of Joe and think of Canada as our friend and neighbor more than ally.
    That's a pretty natural view from Michigan, I suppose. I share it, which is easy to do since I can barely get out on the lake without entering their water.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

20. Collapse Details

And how can you possibly say that cheap TV's and Barbie Dolls aren't important??????
    Well, at least so close to Christmas.

And I'll condense the hijack by wishing our Canadian neighbors a happy boxing day. Happy Boxing Day.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.