Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1296
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post

Ignore those with a track record of wrecking things.

From my point of view you have just that record. You chased everyone away in '03 and you appear to be doing the same now.

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    From my point of view you have just that record. You chased everyone away in '03 and you appear to be doing the same now.
    NO !!!!! come on ....are u serious ???

He is the best in everything , u can't say that !!!

3. Collapse Details

OK... I think I have the fix...

Have SVL & OSVL (Outlaw)

That's real popular to do with the Drag race cars here in the South... You have Legal cars, and legal races, and Outlaw cars and outlaw races...

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    As of now I will have to park my boat untill next year or change the bottom back, which I will not do this year. If the class wants to grandfather my boat in it will take a 100% vote. If someone wants to buy it its for sale and will have to be run as a P class boat or due about $7K in glass work to make it legal in OSS. I understand rules are rules and I will follow them. In the past we made consessions to teams to run less weight,Vortec motors,and what ever it took to build the class. We wanted more boats to race. Now Mike A,Steve and George seem to shoot holes in everything that we have worked so hard on. Its NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!!!
    Randy,

Pull your head out of your duff will ya? This debate started with experienced people giving their advice on what should be done with the latest class killer that was dumped in your laps less than a week before the season opener. What has happened since is what always happens. Forget it. In all seriousness, I could not care less about the slams on me. I thought it was funny. Stop being such a p#@$@ssy. Just because girls routinely beat you does not mean you have to act like one.

I think you guys have a chance to have some fun for a few years and maybe even grow the class for yourselves and others while maintaining the values of your boats. The original SVL formula was the same as SC. Remember how old cats could come in and be competitive? It stayed that way until we left and the owners started messing with the rules. Boats, engines, and ultimately speeds got out of control and now the whole thing is a mess.

So again, I say this: adopt a firm set of written rules which limit max length to 30'. Use the LLC's old rules. Grandfather all existing boats. When the Fountain starts running away, weight it down. If need be, help the slower older boats to remain competitive so the owners will keep coming back. Keep Mike T. away from your class. Go to Smitty and John and ask them to adopt your rules. Tell OSS and P1 they do it your way or no way.

And finally, stop acting like a fruit. It is really sickening.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Ugh, excuse me, sorry...

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miklos View Post
    Your boat has the same beam as the mold for the pleasure 33' Fountain?
    Are the gunnels the correct height (same as pleasure boat)?
    Steve
    Steve
    The boat was produced from the mold of the 33 pleasure boat( over 20 of the 33 pleasure boat were produced previously), minus the swim platform.

They ( OSS officials) spent 1.5 hours measuring every dimension of the boat, hull, steps, transom and ect. They did there homework and came with all the specs from a 33' pleasure boat, for comparison, and agreed it was identical.
    No modifications except the elimination of the swim platform from the transom. SBI also agreed.

MJ

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I really hope this thread will get back on track, and soon.

A lot of work has been done on the SVL class over the past couple years, with each year being a positive step forward. There is a bunch of knowledge here on almost every front. Those who know the problems with class design "progress", those who have experience with things which have gone wrong in the past, those who are trying to build a prominant class for the future, those who know what worked for periods of time.

Why don't all of you work together for the future, use positive advice, help George and the group where needed, and keep the crap out?

I just don't get it.

I try to stay out because I do not own a SVL yet. Are you guys so adamant everything is screwed I should change my mind and quit looking for one????? Come on.....

If there is a question about Doc's new boat being different than the 33 mold. Someone go to a dealer who has one on location, make a template plate off the bottom and up the sides, and check it. NASCAR has done that for years.

Mike is certainly correct about one thing, everyone get together, make the rules in black and white, and go back to promoting and growing your class (and the sport) overall.

Sorry for the intrusion, but you guys can certainly do better.....

Hope to see everyone of you in Sunny Isles in a couple days. Paul
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

8. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by saratoga stampede View Post
    Steve
    The boat was produced from the mold of the 33 pleasure boat( over 20 of the 33 pleasure boat were produced previously), minus the swim platform.

They ( OSS officials) spent 1.5 hours measuring every dimension of the boat, hull, steps, transom and ect. They did there homework and came with all the specs from a 33' pleasure boat, for comparison, and agreed it was identical.
    No modifications except the elimination of the swim platform from the transom. SBI also agreed.

MJ
    So it has the full beam and gunnel height of the 33 Fountain?
    Steve

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Can someone explain why any modifactation were made to any of these older SVL's....

This is the same problem everytime....the rule book says it....if its dose not say you can do whats in the rule book....then don't do it...

Skater try this move in SV in 2003, moving strakes...why do it if your not allowed...doing something thats not allowed is not doing your homework...making changes to bottoms and modifactaions I thought were not allowed...you all know this....and what happen to keep it affordable...having to make 5k to 9k changes to bottoms is not affordable...
    It is again back to who has the most money....
    You all should have done what you said in the beginning..
    Spec Class racing...no modifications other then props and moving weight around..., you agreed even on gear ratios and drive only allowed..you got greedy and started to go against your own rules...and now you have this....BS again....You are doig the same thing that Reggie did with SV's....modifing decks and bottoms....your no differant...

Now if you follow your own rules...YES...the boats with modifications need to sit out till the changes are made back to origanal....but if you do that..your class will fall apart....

So now you are not even going to be able to follow your own rules again...becuase you need the boat count....so now you will have a vote to get 100% of the teams to agree with something thats not fair just to keep racing...DO YOU SEE WHY RACERS SHOULD NOT BE INCHARGE OF THERE OWN RULES...

When will you guys learn....how in the hell can you say one boat is illeagal when you made changes to your own boat...
    Last edited by MANITIE; 06-08-2010 at 01:06 PM.

10. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    DO YOU SEE WHY RACERS SHOULD NOT BE INCHARGE OF THERE OWN RULES.....
    I disagree. I believe a unanimous vote by every current owner of a legal SVL should be able to change any rule.

11. Collapse Details

Rat,

Hold off on your purchase and get a 28 Bat Boat for SVL. It's worlds better than the V-24

12. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    I disagree. I believe a unanimous vote by every current owner of a legal SVL should be able to change any rule.
    I have no problem with all team owners getting together and coming to a agreement and then going to OSS and say we all agree to change this rule...but not to have to take a vote becuase teams did not follow the rules and you haave to take a vote to keep the class running becuase rules are not followed...

But in reality...all teams that made changes should have to sit out till they are corrcted....you do not agree...

your now making rules to fit boats that made changes they were not suppost to....

Thats the problem in racers making there own rules..we have seen this time after time....and nothing positive comes out other then it hurts the class or even kills it...

13. Collapse Details

Competitor
    where can you find a 28 bat boat??

14. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo 214 View Post
    Rat,

Hold off on your purchase and get a 28 Bat Boat for SVL. It's worlds better than the V-24
    I actually know of one for sale......

Canopied too......

Set up for big block.....

15. Collapse Details

Now your talkin!

Put one of those Buzzi Wing Dings on it and it will really fly.

16. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MANITIE View Post
    But in reality...all teams that made changes should have to sit out till they are corrcted....you do not agree...
    I'm not making any rules. Other than I think the current owners, who improved this class to make it this attractive, should police themselves.

Until you've raced with them, (I was lucky enough to be invited once, even though the boat wasn't legal), sat at dinner with the group, and discussed the class history and class future in person, you have no idea of what kind of group is working together here.

Help and encourage them, and they will work it all out. I'm positive of that.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Having been involved with many forms of motorsports for decades around the world I’ll have to respectfully disagree with you on this. The inmates should NEVER be allowed to run the asylum

There should be a tech board with input from sponsors, vendors, manufactures, racers, etc. but not just an open free for all. It’s hard to look at the big picture when it affects your personal check book or ego sometimes. As an example if you had 15 members in the class, and a rules change would cost EVERYONE some money in which case you might lose 3 boats immediately, and 2 more eventually but would get 5 immediately to replace those and have the potential to double the fleet within a season you’d have to make that choice. Also in every form of motorsports where the racers RUN the program it always winds up with the guys spending the most money having the biggest advantages (now these guys don’t always win due to talent but that’s another story)…
    I’m not saying that the teams shouldn’t be involved with the process but you need to have others invested in it as well and you need someone with the authority to overrule, or at least be a tie breaker. There are many guys here that would have the knowledge to be such a person.

18. Collapse Details

Steve

MJ
    Look Doc, no offense, but that is plain silly. And BTW, none of this is your fault, and I do not want to go into the rules history, Mike T., etc. again. Suffice to say, the class needs a firm set of written rules that promote competitive balance, and neither Mike T., nor Martin are the guys to write or enforce them.

The class also cannot use an open checkbook formula and survive. Ultimately, your current boat will consistently slaughter the field and if the 35' is allowed in, your current boat will be a victim as well. I respect Reggie and Pete at Skater but they share the same mentality - destroy everyone, then develop a new mousetrap that destroys even the destroyer.

If you all want the class to grow in numbers you have to adopt rules that will allow the current fleet to remain competitive for the next two to three years at least and does not permit your current boat to decimate the field. Lower the max length to 30'; make new boats meet a 5000lb min. weight; require new boats to be specifically homologated; require future changes to be approved well in advance; and if a particular boat starts dominating, slow it down. The formula works, and best of all, it keeps old boats competitive and maintains their resale value.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Fountain SVL.jpg  

19. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    .......Suffice to say, the class needs a firm set of written rules that promote competitive balance........

The class also cannot use an open checkbook formula and survive.

If you all want the class to grow in numbers you have to adopt rules that will allow the current fleet to remain competitive for the next two to three years at least.

............require future changes to be approved well in advance; and if a particular boat starts dominating, slow it down.
    All good points. That's why the class has prospered to this point, it's just not in approved written form yet, so openings exist. Fix that....

But why can't everyone figure out these are the types of input all of us should be striving to give instead of some of the BS I saw here recently????

20. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    cheers
    Doc
    On the money thing I was not suggesting you were trying to buy someone off.
    What I was getting at is:
    OSS has never been able to support itself. Many racers have kicked in, some pretty heavy.

The list of pontential benifactors to maintain life support is very short for OSS.

You could easily be somone they look to for $upport.
    Steve