Page 47 of 65 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 57 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

tard

2. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    tard
    I know,,the truth hurts a little , but if u push hard enough it may pass the muscle.....need help ???

3. Collapse Details

Offshore boat racing is different than other forms of motorsports when it comes to “Breaking in”… In most other forms of motorsports you can buy an older racer (Car, Bike, Truck, etc.) update some tubing to meet current rules considerations, and start off. As you add more to your program you can generally take the majority of things with you as you upgrade and keep your investment so that the common man can actually work his way into being competitive. With a class like SVL (a class geared toward the common man) it’s very tough to start off and grow from nothing. Offshore racing has inherently been a rich man’s game where guys who have been typically very successful in business buy their way in to being competitive. The big wigs (for the most part) won’t race in a class like this because it’s not prestigious enough for them. There is nothing wrong with that, this is a phenomenal class with tons of potential, and a class that Normal driven people can aspire to actually race in.

Now to do this there needs to be some things in a place: (IMO)
    - A business plan with goals (again IMO this is the main reason the LLC ran into issues while Mike and the guys had numerous brilliant ideas, not enough people knew what was going on, and where they were trying to take it)

- Since this is racing for the average guy (again my opinion and it’s not meant to be a slam to anyone) you need to be able to help guys offset their costs to race, and move up from there as follows:

a) Put on a good consistent show you need to have a minimum number of quality boats in the class at every event. As an example when OSS was created they were going to have a MINIMUM of 10 boats in every class they had… Not a slam to them but I don’t think they ever had a race like that… So if you want to have a minimum of 10 boats you really need to have 15 or more because not everyone will be able to make every race. You can’t sell a program to ANY sponsors without having a product or program to sell.

b) RULES... There has to be consistent concrete rules in place. Offshore racing has had a History since its inception of money taking over, boats, and classes to become obsolete very quickly. Since we’ve all seen this before (Many many times if it wasn’t the drug dealers, it was the movie stars, if wasn’t them it was the business moguls, and so on) put things in place before hand so guys know what the plans are (or at least the thoughts are) on how to handle parity and open competition for the class. You want, and need racers to build new equipment but you don’t need new teams or boats to run off older ones this is counterproductive.

c) Now start a Contingency sponsors to help with product support and limited monetary support.

d) Next you can move towards group deals for the entire class this could be in the form of fuel deals (both for the race boats, and support vehicles), hotel deals, or anything else that can help the fleet.

e) Now you finally have product that you can start marking to groups other than just specialty marine markets.

4. Collapse Details

honestly dirt devil, your probably one of the biggest turn-offs offshore racing has. I'm shocked this and other sites let you exist.

congrats.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by RumRunner View Post
    Offshore boat racing is different than other forms of motorsports when it comes to “Breaking in”… In most other forms of motorsports you can buy an older racer (Car, Bike, Truck, etc.) update some tubing to meet current rules considerations, and start off. As you add more to your program you can generally take the majority of things with you as you upgrade and keep your investment so that the common man can actually work his way into being competitive. With a class like SVL (a class geared toward the common man) it’s very tough to start off and grow from nothing. Offshore racing has inherently been a rich man’s game where guys who have been typically very successful in business buy their way in to being competitive. The big wigs (for the most part) won’t race in a class like this because it’s not prestigious enough for them. There is nothing wrong with that, this is a phenomenal class with tons of potential, and a class that Normal driven people can aspire to actually race in.

- A business plan with goals (again IMO this is the main reason the LLC ran into issues while Mike and the guys had numerous brilliant ideas, not enough people knew what was going on, and where they were trying to take it)

- Since this is racing for the average guy (again my opinion and it’s not meant to be a slam to anyone) you need to be able to help guys offset their costs to race, and move up from there as follows:

a) Put on a good consistent show you need to have a minimum number of quality boats in the class at every event. As an example when OSS was created they were going to have a MINIMUM of 10 boats in every class they had… Not a slam to them but I don’t think they ever had a race like that… So if you want to have a minimum of 10 boats you really need to have 15 or more because not everyone will be able to make every race. You can’t sell a program to ANY sponsors without having a product or program to sell.

b) RULES... There has to be consistent concrete rules in place. Offshore racing has had a History since its inception of money taking over, boats, and classes to become obsolete very quickly. Since we’ve all seen this before (Many many times if it wasn’t the drug dealers, it was the movie stars, if wasn’t them it was the business moguls, and so on) put things in place before hand so guys know what the plans are (or at least the thoughts are) on how to handle parity and open competition for the class. You want, and need racers to build new equipment but you don’t need new teams or boats to run off older ones this is counterproductive.

c) Now start a Contingency sponsors to help with product support and limited monetary support.

d) Next you can move towards group deals for the entire class this could be in the form of fuel deals (both for the race boats, and support vehicles), hotel deals, or anything else that can help the fleet.

e) Now you finally have product that you can start marking to groups other than just specialty marine markets.
    no offense rum, but everyone knows this already. its just that there's very few racer's left that want to race.

and the current biggest problem i see is that that the orgs are catering to the dumb-ass fans that wanna see one fancy boat and have no clue that it's supposed to be racing with several boats in one class.

6. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skaterdave View Post
    honestly dare devil, your probably one of the biggest turn-offs offshore racing has. I'm shocked this and other sites let you exist.

congrats.
    U know.. i asked my self that many times ,,,but i think its so non racers like u have somebody to talk to...just sad ..isn't it ??

I also asked my self why your wife keeps u around and found no answer for it, unless its the same i just posted..poor guy....if u need to talk,,just call my help line !!!

Thanks

7. Collapse Details

Banned
    But ,lets get back on track about rules in SVL...i heard the #10 boat was illegal in Biloxi ,,any truth to this ???

8. Collapse Details

no offense rum, but everyone knows this already. its just that there's very few racer's left that want to race.

and the current biggest problem i see is that that the orgs are catering to the dumb-ass fans that wanna see one fancy boat and have no clue that it's supposed to be racing with several boats in one class.
    Dave,

No offense taken, but honestly I'm not sure if many realize this... Most weren't around to see what’s happened in the past, and those that were don’t seem to remember what actually happened. Goes back to the classic saying “Those that don’t know their history are doomed to repeat it!”

9. Collapse Details

RR,

The LLC actually had a written business plan with stated goals and objectives. We also conducted numerous meetings with teams over the years and took great care to tell them where we were going, what we wanted to do, and what we expected of them. What doomed us was very simple: We spent more than we took in. So when the boycott happened none of the LLC members - especially me - wanted to continue pouring our own money in the thing, thus we folded it up and went our separate ways.

And now, like my good friend, Rich Luhrs, I am obsolete.

10. Collapse Details

Banned
    RR,

The LLC actually had a written business plan with stated goals and objectives. We also conducted numerous meetings with teams over the years and took great care to tell them where we were going, what we wanted to do, and what we expected of them. What doomed us was very simple: We spent more than we took in. So when the boycott happened none of the LLC members - especially me - wanted to continue pouring our own money in the thing, thus we folded it up and went our separate ways.

So. Mike....it realy did not work so well ???

Just like i said ..sorry !!!!!

11. Collapse Details

RR,

Mike,
    Agreed as with any business the first rule is you have to make more money than you spend, but the clientele you had were for the most part a bunch of spoiled rich kids that were more interested in looking good than actually competing, and racing. More importantly they weren’t used to not getting their own way so they went off and did their own thing and we know the results of that. It is amazing any of them were able to have had successful enough businesses to afford to go racing as poorly as they listened to what was actually going on… Oh wait many of them where spending their family money

Now you and Rich as good friends… actually as it should be… Through in Linder and you could start a Sanctioning body (but you three are NOW smarter than that)…

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    So. Mike....it realy did not work so well ???

Just like i said ..sorry !!!!!
    You really, truly, are stupid.

13. Collapse Details

honestly dirt devil, your probably one of the biggest turn-offs offshore racing has. I'm shocked this and other sites let you exist.

congrats.
    Well said. I would pay for a "Dare Devil-less" website. He contributes nothing...........
    I'd rather be on the boat with a drink on the rocks, than in the drink with my boat on the rocks.

14. Collapse Details

Ahhh but you can't fix stupid

15. Collapse Details

Mike,
    Agreed as with any business the first rule is you have to make more money than you spend, but the clientele you had were for the most part a bunch of spoiled rich kids that were more interested in looking good than actually competing, and racing. More importantly they weren’t used to not getting their own way so they went off and did their own thing and we know the results of that. It is amazing any of them were able to have had successful enough businesses to afford to go racing as poorly as they listened to what was actually going on… Oh wait many of them where spending their family money

Now you and Rich as good friends… actually as it should be… Through in Linder and you could start a Sanctioning body (but you three are NOW smarter than that)…

16. Collapse Details

Ahhh but you can't fix stupid
    True. Just ask Jimmy and Randy.

17. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Thanks for your odd way of showing affection.

18. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom1 View Post
    Well said. I would pay for a "Dare Devil-less" website. He contributes nothing...........
    What is it that u do on these websites ....are u helping anybody ??
    Or are u just talking chit like most ?? mhhh...

but hell...write me a check and i stay away..hahahaha

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Thanks for your odd way of showing affection.
    I was not showing you affection. I was saying you were stupid.

20. Collapse Details

Banned
    RR,

So, but isn't this what u wrote ???

Explain to me ( since i am so stupid ) where this worked so well ?
    If it did then why did u lose money and there is no LLC anymore.
    The LLC's that work are still here, i know a few LLC owners and they still have theirs !

I mean..u wrote yourself that u spend more money then u made...is that a working LLC, then i am stupid ..your right !!!