Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2 42 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1296
  1. Collapse Details

Registered
    SVL
    Last edited by mdkeywest; 06-08-2010 at 02:46 PM.

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miklos View Post
    If you cut it into 6 pieces you could make a sweet Fountain necklace for the ladies!
    Steve
    My first quick glance I thought it was the template for the new bottom design......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mdkeywest View Post
    OK so now its fixed .
    Imco took off the part .
    Randy is selling his boat ,
    Ratickle wants to buy one any way , and he seems easy to get along with .
    So you lost nothing in boat count ,and got rid of both problems .

So George , continue on with youre project .
    Then I'd get Randy's bottom grandfathered in and all will be well......

Seriously, George, get all on a conference call and fix this stuff you, and your group, have worked so hard for.

Get everyone in the water, follow your outside start rule for the previous winner, and set rules in writing now. If it's one thing I've learned, you cnan't wait to get every single rule and i and t right, so waiting to try is a waste of fixing, in writing, the main points now.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Then I'd get Randy's bottom grandfathered in and all will be well......

Seriously, George, get all on a conference call and fix this stuff you, and your group, have worked so hard for.

Get everyone in the water, follow your outside start rule for the previous winner, and set rules in writing now. If it's one thing I've learned, you cnan't wait to get every single rule and i and t right, so waiting to try is a waste of fixing, in writing, the main points now.
    Inverted single file starts would be way cooler. Lots more passing.

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike A. View Post
    Inverted single file starts would be way cooler. Lots more passing.
    Last year they did the two by two inverted. That was kinda cool.....

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    I'm not comparing it to A. I'm saying over the past few years, 4 or 5, it has attracted the largest group of new boaters to any spec class.

Am I wrong???
    Not saying you're wrong at all, it is doing better than any other class in Offshore (which I think I stated before as well), but I am saying I've NEVER Seen ANY class in racing last, and thrive when run by 100% by the racers. If you have some examples of where it works please let me know. I'm not trying to be negative, just trying to add a point of view from someone who has seen this all too many times.

Let’s say a new team/sponsor decides to come in and play in a class (doesn’t even have to be SVL for sake of the argument) this new team is spending lots and lots of money. They throw parties at all of the races, give out free swag and food to all of the teams, they’re promoting the sport and their fellow racers, bring in hired guns throttle or drive etc. Everyone in the class loves it; they’re getting more exposure and having a good time. Now in your meeting when the rules are being discussed amongst the 10 active teams and this team wants something others WILL go along with it so as to not rock the boat, and then they’ll bitch about it after the fact behind the safety of a keyboard.

7. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    WELL HERE IT IS,FOR EVERYONE TO SEE ,IT IS THE (EXTENSIVE BOTTOM WORK,,TO QUOTE,, DOC JENSSEN) IT TOOK ALL OF 2 MINUTES TO PULL OFF,,IT COULD HAVE CAME OFF AT BILOXI ON FRI,,OR SAT,,OR EVEN SUN MORNING,,I OFFERED TO REMOVE IT 3 TIMES ,, IT TOOK 2 MIN,,14 SCREWS...SO NOW HERE WE ARE #10 IS NOW WHOLE AGAIN,,RANDY NOW OSS CAN SAVE THEIR 12 BUCKS FOR THE CERTIFIED LETTER.
    I DO HAVE ONE QUESTION ,,NOW Attachment 63058ARE YOU GOING TO HIDE???
    ========
    sink that old boat, call the insurance,,,
    we can diver for it,

8. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    I never voted against the fountain when it was time to vote. I was told by others that thought they new everything that the boat was a 35' and they new it was getting a hot Griffin motor put in it. I was also told it was channeled to be narrower. All of which were all bad information. And yes with that info I discussed with George and Steve we need to be carefully. None ,zero,nada of the info I got was correct.

As A OSS board member, why wouldn't I know about Georges outcome??

I don't know what some of you are talking about when you say OSS only wants Doc's money????? He has never donated ,sponsored or offered to help OSS in any financial way other than to bring his boats to OSS events. Please get off his back.
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor MANITIE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    I never voted against the fountain when it was time to vote. I was told by others that thought they new everything that the boat was a 35' and they new it was getting a hot Griffin motor put in it. I was also told it was channeled to be narrower. All of which were all bad information. And yes with that info I discussed with George and Steve we need to be carefully. None ,zero,nada of the info I got was correct.

I don't know what some of you are talking about when you say OSS only wants Doc's money????? He has never donated ,sponsored or offered to help OSS in any financial way other than to bring his boats to OSS events. Please get off his back.

So with that behind ya's.....ARE YOU BRINGING THE P5 BOAT TO SUNNY ISLE....

10. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=TYPHOON;503390]I never voted against the fountain when it was time to vote. I was told by others that thought they new everything that the boat was a 35' and they new it was getting a hot Griffin motor put in it. I was also told it was channeled to be narrower. All of which were all bad information. And yes with that info I discussed with George and Steve we need to be carefully. None ,zero,nada of the info I got was correct.

I don't know what some of you are talking about when you say OSS only wants Doc's money????? He has never donated ,sponsored or offered to help OSS in any financial way other than to bring his boats to OSS events. Please get off his back.[/QUOTE

So you are saying this boat is an 8'6" beam?
    You can look at gunnel in a picture and tell it is chopped (see lack of beak).
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve Miklos; 06-08-2010 at 04:36 PM.

11. Collapse Details

Registered
    [QUOTE=Steve Miklos;503397]

I don't know what some of you are talking about when you say OSS only wants Doc's money????? He has never donated ,sponsored or offered to help OSS in any financial way other than to bring his boats to OSS events. Please get off his back.[/QUOTE

So you are saying this boat is an 8'6" beam?
    Steve
    If I was the guy with the new boat,
    I would simply tell you, the best way to get the details is to "put up the protest $$$$$ cash" .....................and take the risk.

12. Collapse Details

WELL HERE IT IS,FOR EVERYONE TO SEE ,IT IS THE (EXTENSIVE BOTTOM WORK,,TO QUOTE,, DOC JENSSEN) IT TOOK ALL OF 2 MINUTES TO PULL OFF,,IT COULD HAVE CAME OFF AT BILOXI ON FRI,,OR SAT,,OR EVEN SUN MORNING,,I OFFERED TO REMOVE IT 3 TIMES ,, IT TOOK 2 MIN,,14 SCREWS...SO NOW HERE WE ARE #10 IS NOW WHOLE AGAIN,,RANDY NOW OSS CAN SAVE THEIR 12 BUCKS FOR THE CERTIFIED LETTER.
    George, kinda looks like something we use in Jersey...but not for racing!
    .......Augie Pensa.......

The Godfather

13. Collapse Details

Registered
    Just out of curiosity , how many existing hulls are there that do fit in SVL. Not neccesarily by oss rules , rather the rules that will be in place 2011 ?
    You guys could have a 20 some boat count just in SVL . Thats cool .
    I hope it gets that high .
    This little tiff going on now will blow over , many have said ,its not fun 'im sellin my boat before and usually come back when they feel better .

Back to work george .

14. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=moorehead boater;503409]
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miklos View Post

If I was the guy with the new boat,
    I would simply tell you, the best way to get the details is to "put up the protest $$$$$ cash" .....................and take the risk.
    Well, the good thing is that a protest and cash post is unnecessary. Under the rules, since this is something already known it must be brought to sanctioning body's attention before the race, which means if anyone is concerned they can raise the issue with the OPA inspection staff before the race starts this weekend and the staff can take their own measurements. Now if the boat meets the specs then all is well.

15. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=Mike A.;503417]
    Quote Originally Posted by moorehead boater View Post

Well, the good thing is that a protest and cash post is unnecessary. Under the rules, since this is something already known it must be brought to sanctioning body's attention before the race, which means if anyone is concerned they can raise the issue with the OPA inspection staff before the race starts this weekend and the staff can take their own measurements. Now if the boat meets the specs then all is well.
    Yep, if it's does not meet Spec's there are better ways to do things than this.

If you look at the pictures you can tell it is chopped.
    If the beam is less than 8'6" it is channeled.

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Miklos; 06-08-2010 at 07:42 PM.

16. Collapse Details

As a competitor in that event in that class you have a conflict of interest. Most group's would ask you to excuse yourself if you did not on your own.
    Steve

17. Collapse Details

18. Collapse Details

Registered
    SVL
    Last edited by mdkeywest; 06-08-2010 at 06:55 PM.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar 104 View Post
    40 hours to go to. A 24 hour roadtrip ahead. How we start every trip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHZJej98_T0
    Just who are you guys trying to kid?? There is SVL TV this season, I know one of the producers and he sent me this unedited behind the scenes footage of you guys heading for Florida today...

P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

20. Collapse Details

So thats how McDonalds gets those square fillet-o-fish patties, I always wondered about that...
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership