Page 29 of 65 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    i,m sure by now , the real owner knows whats going on, and knows he needs to meet some requirements soon ,,if he intends to enter the SVL races this weekend,? I would like to hear from him sooner than later,,unless they intend on running p class,,
    George Jr.SUPER VEE LITE
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing View Post
    Guys obviously I have no dog in the fight and my biggest concern is all the hard work that George has put in to bringing the class back from dust to having tv production, the biggest purse for any one class and more importantly boat count. Let him do his job, from what he has posted he has it totally under control and I am sure he will notify the class as a whole when everything works itself out and you guys can vote on it or whatever your procedures are for handling this matter. You are not going to accomplish anything here on the boards by going back and forth.

George has done a hell of a job so far, if it aint broke, dont fix it.

Trent
    Indeed he has!
    steve

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member/Contributor Sean Stinson's Avatar
    George has been busting his ass on this!!!! Kudos to the man for what he has, as well as, the rest of the fleet for pulling together to form this awesome class.... Now I think a phrase used to go around that went a little something like this...

Shut Up and Race

But Miklos is right and has a very valid point!!!
    God forgives.....The 1% doesn't!!!!!!

4. Collapse Details

Here's the deal..... I think we should all vote and if it the vote is no....then so be it!!!

5. Collapse Details

This is an awesome Fountain commerical.

6. Collapse Details

Current issue aside, this is a wake up call for you guys... George's et.all work has created something very promising. a big class, big exposure, etc... You have attracted new entries in the class and it is growing. The fact that someone has/is/ or will build a brand new boat for the class is inevitable. you guys need to gather round a table as group soon and figure out how you as a class want to deal with it when/before it happens in the future because if SVL succeeds as you want it to it will become an issue.

To put it very simply:

You made a really cool sandbox and sent out a broad invitation to come play in it.

If somebody buys a shiny new pail to play in the sandbox, then you wont let him play because his pail is to shiny, he may throw rocks.

If somebody want to play, they need to be able get a realtively cool pail. If all they can find is an old rusty dented leaky pail that needs lots of work they may get discouraged and walk away or throw rocks...

If a new kid moves in on the block and wants to play in the sand box, it needs to be extremely clear what the pail requirements are, because if someone shows up at the sand box with a pail they thought was a-ok, but you dont let him play, he might throw rocks.

So you either have to be very specific about the pail or your going to get hit by rocks.

The rules may say a 2 quart plastic pail with a 3 inch handle, but sooner or later a kid is going to come to the sand box with a 2 quart carbon fiber teflon lined pail with an ergonomicaly designed 3 inch handle complete with a custom hasbro designed swivle precisely matching every grey area in the pail building handbook.

Assumptions lead to rock throwing.

Black and white is easily read and understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Stinson View Post
    Here's the deal..... I think we should all vote and if it the vote is no....then so be it!!!
    Thats solves this one single issue... You cant grow a fleet if the consensus is build a boat then we will vote to see if we will let you race it. If you vote no, the rules must be immediately amended to prevent any possibility of a reoccurance
    Last edited by phragle; 05-17-2010 at 07:30 PM.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    The rules may say a 2 quart plastic pail with a 3 inch handle, but sooner or later a kid is going to come to the sand box with a 2 quart carbon fiber teflon lined pail with an ergonomicaly designed 3 inch handle complete with a custom hasbro designed swivle precisely matching every grey area in the pail building handbook.

Thats solves this one single issue... You cant grow a fleet if the consensus is build a boat then we will vote to see if we will let you race it. If you vote no, the rules must be immediately amended to prevent any possibility of a reoccurance

You have a point but I have to side with the homologation rule here..... I agree there needs to be a sit-down...And a vote!!!!

8. Collapse Details

Banned
    So ,,,could somebody clear this up for stupid Germans like me ??

If i ask Will ( Phantom ) to build me a new boat as in the rule book....would it be allowed ???????

Or would u have to vote on it ???

This is absolutely nonsense...built per rule,with all the bells and wisles...so race per rule !!!!!!!!!

It always said ( somewhere ) build a boat for the class, not a class for the boat !!!!!!!! I heard that sooooooooo many times......
    so here is 1 person building a boat for a class and u say lets vote ?????

Its ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, how many of u did changes to the bottom,,,is this still out of the mold ..or a one off ????
    Come on !!!!

And i agree on all what George did for the class, my hat off, SUPER JOB !!!
    Last edited by DAREDEVIL; 05-17-2010 at 08:05 PM.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    So ,,,could somebody clear this up for stupid Germans like me ??

If i ask Will ( Phantom ) to build me a new boat as in the rule book....would it be allowed ???????

Or would u have to vote on it ???

This is absolutely nonsense...built per rule,with all the bells and wisles...so race per rule !!!!!!!!!

It always said ( somewhere ) build a boat for the class, not a class for the boat !!!!!!!! I heard that sooooooooo many times......
    so here is 1 person building a boat for a class and u say lets vote ?????

Its ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, how many of u did changes to the bottom,,,is this still out of the mold ..or a one off ????
    Come on !!!!

And i agree on all what George did for the class, my hat off, SUPER JOB !!!

Wills boat is allowed because it has been HOMOLOGATED

10. Collapse Details

So who wants to order the first SVL Outerlimits???

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Team Tsunami View Post
    So who wants to order the first SVL Outerlimits???
    As long as it gets homologated he can step right up!!!! But I really have no say in this they need to talk with George and go through the proper channels
    Last edited by Sean Stinson; 05-17-2010 at 09:09 PM.

12. Collapse Details

I'm all over the new outerlimits.tsunami pm me.

13. Collapse Details

Banned
    Wills boat is allowed because it has been HOMOLOGATED
    So if he builds HIS NEW 32 SVL it would be fine, even with out seeing it ?? COOL !!!!!!!
    Last edited by DAREDEVIL; 05-17-2010 at 09:26 PM.

14. Collapse Details

But wait! Can someone tell me what homolagated means

15. Collapse Details

In motorsports, homologation refers to the approval process a vehicle, race track or standardised part must go through to race in a given league or series. The regulations and rules that must be met are generally set by the series' sanctioning body. The word is derived from the Latin homologare for "agree".

In racing series that are "production-based," (that is, the vehicles entered in the series are based on production vehicles for sale to the public), homologation entails not only compliance with a racing series technical guidelines (for example, engine displacement, chassis construction, suspension design and such) but it often includes minimum levels of sales to ensure that vehicles are not designed and produced solely for racing in that series. Since such vehicles are primarily intended for the race track, use on public roadways is generally a secondary design consideration, except as required to meet government regulations.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

16. Collapse Details

Thank you phragle,Very well put

17. Collapse Details

As long as it gets homologated he can step right up!!!! But I really have no say in this they need to talk with George and go through the proper channels
    It would be homologated if someone steps up.

18. Collapse Details

Lets talk! PM me with your #

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by heater63 View Post
    Lets talk! PM me with your #
    Clear out your pm's!

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    So if he builds HIS NEW 32 SVL it would be fine ?? COOL !!!!!!!
    Stop being a dumbass....No new boats need to be homologated....which requires a couple of things...One of which is dedicated tooling ie: deck and hull molds... not one off stuff!!!