1. Collapse Details
    Injector Replacements 575SCi's?????
    I have read for two days on the internet. NLA from Merc and no assistance as to the cross refernce to AC Delco since they orignally manufactured. Merc says replace with any 100lb PH but can;t seem to find anything. I have seen some literature about 1990 454SS Chevy's running same injector. What company out there still has them or has something comparable to it. I do not want soemthing imported. these are not dirty, they are stuck closed and I do not want the risk of cleaning them. Thanks for any assistance offered.

2. Collapse Details

go to injector.com and get the number for Marren fuel injection. The man knows his stuff and can get you what is needed.

3. Collapse Details

I received a call back from Marren,. THe only way they could help was if I removed and sent the entire Throttle Body to them. He did not have anything in that range that would work. Any one else with Idea's?

4. Collapse Details

I can't offer any help, but please keep us posted by what you find out.

5. Collapse Details

WOW...on my 500efi's he knew what I had, what I needed, and sold me replacements for the new motors that worked great.

6. Collapse Details

You might want to try Mark Boos, @ Precision Marine

7. Collapse Details
    Wink
    I think their are a lot of marine engine builders on here who have solved this replacement problem and believe me when I say their ain't no way a Merc 575SC needs 100lb/hr injectors for 575HP! My guess is maybe 60lb/hr.

Best Regards,
    Ray @ Raylar

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Raylar View Post
    I think their are a lot of marine engine builders on here who have solved this replacement problem and believe me when I say their ain't no way a Merc 575SC needs 100lb/hr injectors for 575HP! My guess is maybe 60lb/hr.

Best Regards,
    Ray @ Raylar
    Ray,
    They only use 4 injectors ( in two throttle bodies) on the 575SCi setup.

If I'm doing the math right, 4 60# injectors would only yield
    about 37 gph...I wish mine only used that much, actually
    it's probably closer to 50 gph neighborhood on what they consume.

9. Collapse Details

any update?

10. Collapse Details
    Wink
    I are properly corrected on the injector size. I spoke without properly researching. thought it had eight injectors. I call these brain farts!

Best Regards,
    Ray @ Raylar

11. Collapse Details

Flagship Marine spen a great amount of money and trial and error to determine what injectors they could replace. I sent him two that were bad, no reponse with a nine volt battery, he is going to test and see if he can correct them. If not he has remanned units that are avaialable. A company out of California builds rebuilds them. Should know something by the end of this week. 125.00 for each. Far from the 499 that Merc wanted for the kit. What's amazing is that no one picked up the info from AC/Delco when they stopped building them.

12. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert/Competitor/Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FASTDESTIN1 View Post
    Flagship Marine spen a great amount of money and trial and error to determine what injectors they could replace. I sent him two that were bad, no reponse with a nine volt battery, he is going to test and see if he can correct them. If not he has remanned units that are avaialable. A company out of California builds rebuilds them. Should know something by the end of this week. 125.00 for each. Far from the 499 that Merc wanted for the kit. What's amazing is that no one picked up the info from AC/Delco when they stopped building them.

I can get them also I know the guy that bought all the tooling from AC Delco and can make what ever you need. Do you still have a old one I can send him to get a Quote ?? Tyler 8103242720
    The Michigan Madman
    url]www.crockettmarineengines.com[/url]

13. Collapse Details

What ended up happening?

14. Collapse Details

When I was rebuilding mine Chevy dealer had the gasket set for the 454ss and it worked. Had a diesel place flow test and clean injectors.

15. Collapse Details

Sent Injectors off to Flagship Marine in South Florida. THere is a place in Cali that has reman's available. Flagship was able to free the stuck ones up. cleaned and flowtested. They flow 112-116. Jeff with Flagship has done the homework on this and has the replacement's available for around 100.00 each. ALot cheaper than the 500 Merc was charging.