Thread: My Cafe Project

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Pulled off the crappy flooring. Would like to get some new stuff, but before i do i want to move the bolsters up about 6". Anyone know how difficult this would be? I assume the bolt fasteners are probably glassed to stringers or other support structure. If too much work i will just reinstall where they were & leave it for next yr project.

Anyone know what these wires are for? Its terminated in the glove box, but i'm not quite sure for what. looks to be AC?

Next weekend i am taking out the rear bench so i have access to install new inverter & then start pulling new power & speaker wires.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00215b.jpg   DSC00210b.jpg  

2. Collapse Details

Anyone know what these wires are for? Its terminated in the glove box, but i'm not quite sure for what. looks to be AC?

Cockpit 120VAC outlet
    www.agyg.com
    ...in or around the Chesapeake Bay...

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HPOffshore View Post

Cockpit 120VAC outlet
    Is it just a feed where if i wanted to run something ac in the cockpit i could just wire to that terminating block? Cant think of any reason why i would need to mess w/ ac in the cockpit it so i will just leave it be.

4. Collapse Details

Mine is DC 12 volt. Used it to power up a VHF and Intercom.

5. Collapse Details

Hey guys since i now have the cockpit stripped, how hard would it be to move the bolsters up 5-6"? it looks like the whole floor is just screwed down, but not sure if its a bigger job that i can handle.

6. Collapse Details

The berth trim pieces are done. Replaced the old lights w/ led's & added additional speakers.

The berth speakers will be controlled by a switch that receives signal from both the alpine receiver & the dvd player. Will be able to control which source feeds the amp for sound.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00240b.jpg   DSC00241b.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Going to add some cupholders. Final product will be purple ones from eddie marine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00243b.jpg  

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BDiggity View Post
    Going to add some cupholders. Final product will be purple ones from eddie marine.
    I like the idea for the cup holders. I might steal that.....

Interior Trim looks real good.....hopefully this fall I can focus on some cosmetic upgrades....

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Seafordguy View Post
    I like the idea for the cup holders. I might steal that.....

Interior Trim looks real good.....hopefully this fall I can focus on some cosmetic upgrades....
    I stole it from JeffC's Cafe project on oso.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00245b.jpg   DSC00246b.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

I stole it from JeffC's Cafe project on oso.
    This is one mod I need to do too.

11. Collapse Details

Progress on the interior

1) Made template for front section. Have to enlarge the speaker holes for mine, Cig didnt get the holes properly centered.

2) Cutouts for ac panel & access where amps will be installed. wiring is a mess. someone suggested an amp rack w/ lighting, but i dont think everything will fit. still have to add distro blocks & probably will need some line out boosters.

3) Plenty of room for a 2x3 stack arrangement.

4) New stereo faceplate for stereo & dvd players. will have selectable source for speakers in berth, 12v recept, & ipod cable. trying to decide if powdercoat should be white or silver.

5) Side trim panel in purple carbon fiber. added speaker & led lights. wish we would have went lighter on the grey.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG00019-20100307-1540.jpg   IMG00020-20100307-1542.jpg   IMG00021-20100307-1542.jpg  

IMG00023-20100307-1550.jpg   IMG00025-20100307-1605.jpg  

12. Collapse Details

Progress on the interior

1) Made template for front section. Have to enlarge the speaker holes for mine, Cig didnt get the holes properly centered.

2) Cutouts for ac panel & access where amps will be installed. wiring is a mess. someone suggested an amp rack w/ lighting, but i dont think everything will fit. still have to add distro blocks & probably will need some line out boosters.

3) Plenty of room for a 2x3 stack arrangement.

4) New stereo faceplate for stereo & dvd players. will have selectable source for speakers in berth, 12v recept, & ipod cable. trying to decide if powdercoat should be white or silver.

5) Side trim panel in purple carbon fiber. added speaker & led lights. wish we would have went lighter on the grey.
    Lookin good. Was removing the carpet a real pain or what?

13. Collapse Details

Looking really good!

I know you're balls deep into this project (and doing an awesome job) but if you wanted some more ideas you should really check out what Havasu Hangin did to his Cafe. Looks like a Skater cockpit. I think theres pics of it on the other site as well as Performance boats.

Keep the pics coming...Lookin' good!
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

2010 Desert Storm Poker Run extravaganza - 04/22 through 4/25 Lake Havasu, Az.

14. Collapse Details

By the way, where are you putting the TV(s)? We put ours on each side of the cubby hole over the table. Just a thought for ya.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3866.jpg   IMG_3863.jpg   IMG_3864.jpg  

10-18-09.jpg  
    Making the best in the industry BETTER since 1990...LIP-SHIP Performance: 305-933-9988

15. Collapse Details

Thanks Tank. I stole, err i mean borrowed a couple ideas from HH's Cafe when he posted pics.

I pulled the wood trim that frames the entry sides & top to the berth & had it wrapped in foam & vinyl. I also took the wood trim from the bottom of the door & sent to Westcoastoffshore. He is going to make billet pieces which i'll have powder coated. I think i am also going to have a step glassed in the berth. The drop from cockpit to berth floor is about 18" i think. Gets tricky after a few drinks & being in the sun all day.

Our tv is going to mount on the forward facing head wall. With the arm that can extend & rotate, should give enough viewing options for the kids. I like how you put yours in the console area. i was scared to make too many holes.

Frank- the carpet was actually pretty easy. It really didnt tear up the foam except in few spots. I was thinking about putting fresh foam in anyway. The headliner sucked as i had foam shavings/dust everywhere.

16. Collapse Details

Thanks Tank. I stole, err i mean borrowed a couple ideas from HH's Cafe when he posted pics.

I pulled the wood trim that frames the entry sides & top to the berth & had it wrapped in foam & vinyl. I also took the wood trim from the bottom of the door & sent to Westcoastoffshore. He is going to make billet pieces which i'll have powder coated. I think i am also going to have a step glassed in the berth. The drop from cockpit to berth floor is about 18" i think. Gets tricky after a few drinks & being in the sun all day.

Our tv is going to mount on the forward facing head wall. With the arm that can extend & rotate, should give enough viewing options for the kids. I like how you put yours in the console area. i was scared to make too many holes.

Frank- the carpet was actually pretty easy. It really didnt tear up the foam except in few spots. I was thinking about putting fresh foam in anyway. The headliner sucked as i had foam shavings/dust everywhere.
    Sounds great man. Glad Kevin helped you out with the steps. I was VERY happy with all the billet stuff he did for us, including the swim step, step plates above the gunwalls and the billet glove box..Can't wait to see how it turns out.

17. Collapse Details

Great project! Page 75 of the latest Livorsi catalog has your name all over it for those cup holders. The LED bases are pretty cool. http://www.livorsi.com/catalog_vol_17.htm

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by damdonzi View Post
    Great project! Page 75 of the latest Livorsi catalog has your name all over it for those cup holders. The LED bases are pretty cool. http://www.livorsi.com/catalog_vol_17.htm
    those are pretty cool. i wont have the spacing tho since i based my holes on the normal sized cup holders. Ive got purple ones from eddie marine now.

19. Collapse Details

Another decent weekend at the boat, besides KU getting beat.

Did a dry run for the tv mount. The tv attachment can rotate 90deg so when not in use it will be stored portrait mode. It can then rotate out & tilt for viewing.

Kevin shipped my billet last thur so i should have it this week, then off to the powder coat w/ my bolster stands.

Next weekend i am hoping we can get the foam/vinyl applied to the head & storage areas in the berth. All the other liner trim pieces are wrapped & ready to be put up.

20. Collapse Details

Got the new bling today for the boat to replace the old teak around the berth entrance.