Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Unplug the egr and never look back!
    I am doing a lot of reading at The Diesel Place, having bought a D Max last week. Seems like alot of EGR blocking going on with the GMCs. The Fords EGRs seem to "fall off."
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

2. Collapse Details

registered
    Mine fell off.

3. Collapse Details

Anyone got pics of 6.0 block heater cord hooked up? It sounds like in 06 they only shipped the cord to "cold weather" states and Maryland wasn't on the list. I've never needed to plug mine in before, but a dead battery in 18 degrees was not fun. Jumping it would have been a lot easier if she was warm.

4. Collapse Details

They are on the passenger side, near the battery and below the coolant tank on a duramax. Not sure on a Ford. But there's this: http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_...eater&_kw=cord
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    I am doing a lot of reading at The Diesel Place, having bought a D Max last week. Seems like alot of EGR blocking going on with the GMCs. The Fords EGRs seem to "fall off."
    My EGR wiring harness "fell off" while the motor was in the closed position. Predator tuner made sure the DIC had no clue such a travesty took place!

6. Collapse Details

Found this pic online but haven't looked to hard under the hood to find it.

I was told if it had a cord, the cord would be near the passenger side tow hook and there isn't one there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC01515small.jpg  

7. Collapse Details

Is Diesel Stop the ford equivalent of Diesel Place? If so... they may have a pic. I was able to find a pic of a cord in the factory location on a truck like mine on Diesel Place.

8. Collapse Details

registered
    Is Diesel Stop the ford equivalent of Diesel Place? If so... they may have a pic. I was able to find a pic of a cord in the factory location on a truck like mine on Diesel Place.
    Yes indeed. It's a great resource for Ford PSD owners.

9. Collapse Details

Banana Bend, Texas 29 50 49.84N, 95 05 17.46W
    Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    Found this pic online but haven't looked to hard under the hood to find it.

I was told if it had a cord, the cord would be near the passenger side tow hook and there isn't one there.
    That pic shows the starter motor. The cord plugs in just above and behind it.
    Mark
    Everybody should believe in something; I believe I'll have another drink.

10. Collapse Details

Thanks! I thought the red part of the cord plugged in to the red circle in this pic?

I'm not very handy with tools as you can tell... SOB's should have bumped the price up $100 and had it zip tied like the other ones!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DCP_2901.jpg   DSC01515small.jpg  

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    Thanks! I thought the red part of the cord plugged in to the red circle in this pic?

I'm not very handy with tools as you can tell... SOB's should have bumped the price up $100 and had it zip tied like the other ones!
    Thats where it goes, might want to get a can of carb cleaner and spray the gunk out of the socket before screwing the cord in.
    Mark

12. Collapse Details

Sure looks like a match with that threaded collar.

13. Collapse Details

Don't do too much reading over there, you will think every diesel is a POS.

D Maxes are known to have injector issues, pretty sure GM has some type of extended warranty on them. Pretty solid trucks overall.

I'll stick with my Fords though, they are paying my bills

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Medicine View Post
    Don't do too much reading over there, you will think every diesel is a POS.

D Maxes are known to have injector issues, pretty sure GM has some type of extended warranty on them. Pretty solid trucks overall.

I'll stick with my Fords though, they are paying my bills
    The first generation DMax (LB7) had injector issues and that is where the extended warranty came in. Loved my LLY. Stupid on my part to get rid of the truck.

15. Collapse Details

I like the sound of that, considering I found out today that the water pump is 400 bucks.

I found a diesel tech kid. Seems ok. Nice shop. Nice personal trucks.

16. Collapse Details

I like the sound of that, considering I found out today that the water pump is 400 bucks.

I found a diesel tech kid. Seems ok. Nice shop. Nice personal trucks.
    the pump is about 180 + labor

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Det...+50030+2030047

break out the wrenches
    Mark

17. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    i was going down the hi-way in my ford psd and the waterpump pully broke out the center,,stuck,,had to special order..3 days in nowhere..I still like my ford.
    Last edited by imco offshore; 02-09-2010 at 03:54 PM.
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

18. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert: Ford PSD's fixxxer22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
    ??? for FORD diesel service tech

I've had a 2007 F350 dually 6.0 diesel for a couple years but have only put 10,000 miles on it.....the alternator has quit but I'm at 38 months of a 36 month warranty on that item :angry-smiley-038:. Is there a fuse/circuit breaker anywhere that could have tripped? I can't find any info in the owners manual about it and wanted to know before I buy a $400 alternator.
    Also, It appears I do not have an engine block heater.....is that something that can be added? Seems it would have the "base" components already installed or maybe not. If nothing is already in there I imagine it would be a B I T C H to add now.

Thanks for any help you can offer

Ok, i am a ford certified master diesel tech and a boat enthusiest. Every 6.0 is equipped with a block heater but not a cord. you need to just order the cord and follow the picture in the bag to install it. it can be a bear getting it throught the cradle. and i would only reccomend the ford genuine cord. your truck is not equpped with the cold weather package. i doubt you lost a fuse. but if you are going to replace the alternator go to an o'riley they offer a higher amperage alternator for less money.

also, everyone on here feel free to pm me with questions if needed i live and breathe the 7.3, 6.0, 6.4 and the new 6.7 It is all i do each and every day. i would love to review this entire thread and help but you guys seem to all be pointed in the correct direction. the 6.0 can be a great truck and ford is superior in initial quality. you just have to get over the little kinks. also, if you are close to me i can install an egr block off for half the cost of the kit. i have a talented machinist that makes stainless plugs in the many many egr coolers i have under my toolbox. that takes care of many things and brings them back to to not swallowing egr and acting more like a 7.3 I also love the 6.0 so much that i fix them and drive one every day.
    Last edited by fixxxer22; 02-09-2010 at 08:54 PM.

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer22 View Post
    Ok, i am a ford certified master diesel tech and a boat enthusiest. .
    also, everyone on here feel free to pm me with questions if needed i live and breathe the 7.3, 6.0, 6.4 and the new 6.7 .
    Congratulations- you've just become one of the most popular guys on the site. I hope you have plenty of spare time for all your new friends.

...and, welcome to the site!

20. Collapse Details

Ok, i am a ford certified master diesel tech and a boat enthusiest. Every 6.0 is equipped with a block heater but not a cord. you need to just order the cord and follow the picture in the bag to install it. it can be a bear getting it throught the cradle. and i would only reccomend the ford genuine cord. your truck is not equpped with the cold weather package. i doubt you lost a fuse. but if you are going to replace the alternator go to an o'riley they offer a higher amperage alternator for less money.

also, everyone on here feel free to pm me with questions if needed i live and breathe the 7.3, 6.0, 6.4 and the new 6.7 It is all i do each and every day. i would love to review this entire thread and help but you guys seem to all be pointed in the correct direction. the 6.0 can be a great truck and ford is superior in initial quality. you just have to get over the little kinks. also, if you are close to me i can install an egr block off for half the cost of the kit. i have a talented machinist that makes stainless plugs in the many many egr coolers i have under my toolbox. that takes care of many things and brings them back to to not swallowing egr and acting more like a 7.3 I also love the 6.0 so much that i fix them and drive one every day.
    You need a job