Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

They opened another Jed's up on Holland-Sylvania Rd near Angola Rd

2. Collapse Details

You guys will have to give me a status update:

Jed's - sounds like we nailed this down?
    Doc Watson's?
    The Lighthouse?
    Deja Vu (Dollar beers on Wednesday nights!!!)?
    Bootleggers (Beside the Vu, )?
    South End Bar and Grill?
    Ralphies?

What is occupying the bar beside Marco's pizza on Dorr? I lived at what was the frat house between them.

3. Collapse Details

Doc Watsons is alive and well and I have 3 grand in reciepts to prove it.
    The Lighthouse became "six pack."
    Deja Vu is open. The parking lot is full, anyway.
    Bootleggers moved.
    South End Bar and Grill... I think that it closed.
    Ralphies is gone.

There used to be a BW3 next to Marco's. Then there's Jax.
    I did a gig once in a barn behind that frat house.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    I did a gig once in a barn behind that frat house.
    Wholly chit!!! What a small world!! I am sure you did one of our 50 keg parties. Lived there for a year (2003) . Had a bunch of go fast boats plastered on my walls at that point. Nothing more than a dream for me then.

Mike

5. Collapse Details

Doc Watsons is alive and well and I have 3 grand in reciepts to prove it.
    Awesome place. Don't know if you are a rugby guy but my room mate was so we were always there.

6. Collapse Details

This was back in like 1995.

But the 50 kegs sounds right.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Five Cent Worth View Post
    Wholly chit!!! What a small world!! I am sure you did one of our 50 keg parties. Lived there for a year (2003) . Had a bunch of go fast boats plastered on my walls at that point. Nothing more than a dream for me then.

Mike

I lived near the pond (Sleepy Hollow) down Dorr St. Those were my stompin grounds as a kid before most of that stuff was built and I can tell you that your frat house was originally (if you did not know it)......
    ...... a whore house

8. Collapse Details

I hear the mc nugget chicks idea of a hot date is a big mac and a blow job...........
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

9. Collapse Details

Sounds like Ohio is taking the lead.

10. Collapse Details

And Toledo is leading the charge:

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs...109808/-1/NEWS

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dollabill View Post
    I'd bang her. I mean she has a kid so you know she likes to phuk. Just sayin

Likewise, soulmate
    Offshore Racing wasn´t designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    I hear the mc nugget chicks idea of a hot date is a big mac and a blow job...........
    Daymn so a small mik won´t cut it
    Offshore Racing wasn´t designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by mosi View Post
    It's going to be difficult to stay classy....... our famous Mayor just lost his job........What will we do?????

BTW.......KING KONG was just elected to be our new Mayor......

Sounds more like Cleveland...and seems your Mayor watched too many mob movies...

14. Collapse Details

There are some beauties out there......

http://www.myspace.com/dominiquedicaprio

15. Collapse Details

Nobody knows more about Ohio than a guy in Finland.

16. Collapse Details

I bet king kong gets the new fire class Carty kept putting off....
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

17. Collapse Details

Nobody knows more about Ohio than a guy in Finland.
    That tells a whole lot about Ohioans...doesn´t it...

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post
    That tells a whole lot about Ohioans...doesn´t it...
    Nope. Tells a lot about one Ohioan, and one Finn.

19. Collapse Details

I lived near the pond (Sleepy Hollow) down Dorr St. Those were my stompin grounds as a kid before most of that stuff was built and I can tell you that your frat house was originally (if you did not know it)......
    ...... a whore house

LOL, that's great. I could see why with the amount of rooms in there. Place was a dump but it was college.

I guess - who's to say it wasn't when we lived there too...

20. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Ohio man who trained with Islamic militants charged with supporting terrorism

WASHINGTON, April 16 (Reuters) - A Columbus, Ohio, man who trained with Islamic militants in Syria has been arrested and charged with supporting terrorism and making false statements, the U.S. Justice Department said on Thursday.

Abdirahman Sheik Mohamud, 23, a naturalized American, had been instructed by a Muslim cleric to return to the United States and carry out an act of terrorism, a federal indictment said.

The indictment said Mohamud told an associate that he wanted to go to a military base in Texas and "kill three or four American soldiers execution-style."

Mohamud's brother was killed fighting with the Nusra Front, the Syria-based affiliate of al Qaeda, the indictment said.

Before leaving for Syria, Mohamud had posted material on social media promoting symbols of the Islamic State militant group, the indictment said. A law enforcement official said, however, that once in Syria Mohamud and his brother, Aden, trained with Nusra.

According to the indictment, Mohamud obtained a U.S. passport and purchased a one-way ticket to Greece. He left the United States in April 2014 but instead of flying to Greece, went to Istanbul, Turkey, and then Syria.

In Syria he sent videos of himself to an unnamed person, the indictment said. In one video, he pointed to a gun in a holster on his hip and in another, he stood in front of a white house with a black flag on it.

Upon his return to the United States, the indictment said, Mohamud told an unidentified person that while in Syria, he had been trained in shooting weapons, breaking into houses, using explosives and hand-to-hand combat.

According to the indictment, Mohamud also said that just before he was about to start fighting with militants in Syria, a cleric connected with an unspecified militant group told him he should return to the United States and "carry out an act of terrorism." A law enforcement official identified the cleric as a representative of the Nusra Front.

According to the indictment, Mohamud "wanted to kill Americans, and specifically wanted to target armed forces, police officers or any uniformed individuals." The indictment said Mohamud's plan was to attack a U.S. military base but that he also had a backup plan to attack a prison.

The indictment said Mohamud told his unnamed interlocutor that his brother, Aden, had died and that Mohamud himself "was next and would join Aden soon.

A U.S. official said Mohamud initially was arrested in February in Columbus and held by local law enforcement authorities. The official said Mohamud would be transferred into federal custody on Thursday.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ohi...ism/ar-AAb6A3l