Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Donzi 22 vs Cig 20?
    Can anyone give an opinion comparing the two?

Ride?
    Top Speed?
    0-60?

2. Collapse Details

I dont if you considered it but the 20/21 Sutphen can run just as if not better than both.

3. Collapse Details

22' Donzi faster 75-80mph and you won't get beat up as much!20' cigerette 68-75mph will sell faster but a little tricky to drive with big power 502 400+hp

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Team Tsunami View Post
    I dont if you considered it but the 20/21 Sutphen can run just as if not better than both.
    i would not have that boat shoved up my a$$..............the lines of the boat are not even close to a Cig or a Donzi and why would you even want to buy a Sutphen ,compaired to a Cig or a Donzi at a new boat price......................go figure . Classics , are never ending and Donzi and Cig will stand the test of time .
    Last edited by Offshore Ginger; 12-29-2009 at 11:46 PM.

5. Collapse Details

The 22 Donzi is quite the little wavecrusher. They feel bigger than they are and are quite roomy. But it's not a Cigarette.

6. Collapse Details

Put up a video to top the 20' cigarette on youtube..then tell me what rides the best and whats the biggest top speed.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    Can anyone give an opinion comparing the two?

Ride?
    Top Speed?
    0-60?
    I forgot to mention that im l@@king for a 21 GT or a 22 classic Donzi or a 20 Cig , classic that needs a deck of restoration . Hey guys there are so many other boats out there for such a great price other then buying a new Suthpen .

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cigarette1 View Post
    Put up a video to top the 20' cigarette on youtube..then tell me what rides the best and whats the biggest top speed.
    Loyal to your brand I like that

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    i would not have that boat shoved up my a$$..............the lines of the boat are not even close to a Cig or a Donzi and why would you even want to buy a Sutphen ,compaired to a Cig or a Donzi at a new boat price......................go figure . Classics , are never ending and Donzi and Cig will stand the test of time .
    You mean 100+k for a 20 from Philly or 100+K for a new 22 classic?? Id rather take the Sutphen for 60-70 and smoke them both with the same power!. You know nothing!! The 20 Sutphen is from the same time and era as Donzi and Cigarette. Sutphen took the new 21 to a number of runs this year and the only boat to go by them was Abraham in his 100+ 20 Cigarette. I dont think you have any idea or history of Sutphen. The have won more championships than Cigarette and Donzi buddy!! The original 20's ran damn well too from the 70's and 80's!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0920081101.jpg   0920081101a.jpg  
    Last edited by Team Tsunami; 12-30-2009 at 01:14 AM.

10. Collapse Details

Nothing against the Sutphen, I think they are a cool lookin little boat, but the last brand new 22 classic I bought was around 60k.. Don't know where you're gettin your prices from. Also there are tons of older 22s around for cheap that will run eighty with a healthy small block. I've set up at least a half dozen at my shop. With a raised X they are really stable up to around 85ish gets a little scary at 104.

11. Collapse Details

What about a 21 scout? I was searching tonight and there are a couple out there.

12. Collapse Details

I'm no expert but both the Donzi and the older Cigs have radiused keels w/ 24 degree deadrise. The newer manu Cigs have a large flat pad if I remember correctly where the older ones had a bottom similar to the Donzi. I had a 20' Minx with the same bottom (I believe) as the 22' Classic and it was surprisingly good in the rough, the 22 could only be better.
    As far as the Sutphen. I think it would be faster than the other two all things equal and in my opinion (you know what they say about those) looks the best of all three.
    Bottom line- you probably can't go wrong with any one of them.
    Matt

13. Collapse Details

Having owned many Donzi Classics over the years including a new Donzi 22 2+3,I feel I can give a fair assesment when it comes to these little boats. I've got to tell you how impressed we were with the new 21 Sutphen. The nay sayers here could not have ever seen or driven these little Sutphens.

No offence to the classic Donzi crowd but I thought the 22 Classic was a rather poor handling piece and not very well constructed. Dangerous actually with rediculous bow steer if trimmed in too far. Morgan from Sutphen had brought both the small block and 496 21's up here last year and what fine handling vessels they are! The Sutphen has the best of both worlds, classic looks and expert bottom tweaks, build with incredible attention to detail.

And for performance with stock power, the Sutphen has them all beat hands down. How about 73 on gps with a bone stock 350 Magnum and 83 with the 496. Without any weird handling quirks.

Wouldn't a Lip Ship Edition 21 Sutphen be nice!

If I had the extra $$ the blue 21 would be mine!

Kurt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 21 Sutphen 072609 005.jpg   21 Sutphen 072609 034.jpg   21 Sutphen 072609 038.jpg  

Last edited by Biggus; 12-30-2009 at 10:47 AM. Reason: spelleng

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Biggus View Post
    Having owned many Donzi Classics over the years including a new Donzi 22 2+3,I feel I can give a fair assesment when it comes to these little boats. I've got to tell you how impressed we were with the new 21 Sutphen. The nay sayers here could not have ever seen or driven these little Sutphens.

No offence to the classic Donzi crowd but I thought the 22 Classic was a rather poor handling piece and not very well constructed. Dangerous actually with rediculous bow steer if trimmed in too far. Morgan from Sutphen had brought both the small block and 496 21's up here last year and what fine handling vessels they are! The Sutphen has the best of both worlds, classic looks and expert bottom tweaks, build with incredible attention to detail.

And for performance with stock power, the Sutphen has them all beat hands down. How about 73 on gps with a bone stock 350 Magnum and 83 with the 496. Without any weird handling quirks.

If I had the extra $$ the blue 21 would be mine!

Kurt
    +1

I talked great lengths with Ritchie Sutphen and the attention to bottom blueprinting he does to the boats would not of these three make me to chose any other boat.
    He convinced me and TKO even more..
    Always been a fan of Sutphens as their legacy to fast boats goes way beyond "the back in the days".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PA040618.jpg  
    Offshore Racing wasn´t designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

15. Collapse Details

Ive witnessed the performance of the 21 Sutphen both inside and out. Running next to it in a Poker Run and driving it on the Hudson River in some pretty good snot. It is old school style with modern build technology. Morgan did a fine job with this boat. Its impressive.

It is certainly your prerogative not to like it, but if its because you think it doesnt perform or its not built right I suspect you are a bit misinformed.
    Whats with all this Skater Nation nonsense?
    $48,900.00

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Team Tsunami View Post
    Sutphen took the new 21 to a number of runs this year and the only boat to go by them was Abraham in his 100+ 20 Cigarette.
    that's TOTAL bullsh1t... my eyes don't lie to my brain and I know what I saw firsthand... not poo pooing the Sut at all, they have done a terrific job, but your statement is clueless.. I was there..
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

17. Collapse Details

Good discussion, thanks for the Sutphen input. I only started the thread due to all the interest in the 20 Cigs and how ridiculously expensive a new one can be from Phil. The Donzi's have less "bling" but can be had a few bucks cheaper and can be just as cool for a little boat. That Sutphen is very bad azz and from the sounds of it, very fast.

The used restored 20 Cigs can be reasonable 40-50K (when compared to building new or restoring with Phil). There have been a few Shelby Donzis that have gotten under the 50K mark with very few hours on them also.

In a perfect world, why not buy all three!

18. Collapse Details

Pier 57 had a Silver / Black stripe Shelby last time I was there.
    For the money your talking I would give Morgan a call on the Sutphen.
    Now just find the Cig and your world is perfect.
    Whats with all this Skater Nation nonsense?
    $48,900.00

19. Collapse Details

I'd take any of these little hot rods. Perfect for the little 6,000 acre pond I run on locally.

20. Collapse Details

Just wondering out loud here,
    If the 20 Cigs are worth so much than why has there been what appears to be a very nice one 4-sale on the other site for a long time asking $12.5 ?????
    Is it the TRS? looks like a very nice ride to me.
    Sorry for the lack of a link but I hate links.

Also I have asked before about the 21 Apache Scout and never got much info back and I see the same thing happened here again, whats the deal with that?

The Sutphen is way way cool and if I were look'n for new it would be on the top of my list.