Thread: P1-usa

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    P1-usa
    Charter Member / Competitor
    Heard some great news that the P1 owner in Europe is looking to build class's in the USA. It would build Offshore racing to a whole new level. If you thought we were getting slow think again. Professional racing is a real possability for the first time. P1, OSS and PROPRA are looking to a bright future. Stick that in your stocking! Thanks Martin Sanborn and APBA for laying the ground work. Its up to us racers to now get behind this movement. There has been lots of bad rumors about who is doing what. This is real!!!!!! We would love to see OPA and SBI be part of this new wave. Details to follow.
    Merry Christmas to all.
    Randy

2. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    randy great news,,is their any indication of what and how many classes yet.? Are going to put out a rule book?
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

3. Collapse Details

Single spec engine , open cockpit , 24-29 ft in length would be awesome! Keep us posted.

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    It is Great this has progressed to the point of announcement. I can't wait to hear more.

5. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    looking forward to hearing more.
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

6. Collapse Details

There are details on all the questions. It has been well planned out and desighned for sucsess. It is geared around racing and not any one org. If the Org's want to be involved then they are more than welcome and incouraged to unite. Think in terms of APBA sancioning racing in the USA again where we ALL have the same rules,North,South,West,Great Lakes and all having one big Worlds. This not a OSS,OPA,SBI,PROPRA thing. Its about united racing in the USA. As racer's that's what most of us want. Its not for everyone so if you dont like it please just dont coment and continue doing what ever it is that you think is great racing.
    MD

7. Collapse Details

Randy is there any plans for the class I mentioned? We would campaign a factory team and it would be great to see Activator , Kryptonite , Phantoms , etc all back in the game. When we lost our class it killed our boat sales.

8. Collapse Details

Brian start the deck mold with a lid on it. P1 is interested in one of the classes as a single HP to weight SVL style boat most likely with the 525 as a HP to weight that already exists. From what I have been told the focus of the weekend of racing will be on 4-5 classes only. They will get the lions share of the TV ,money and attention. Its about building bigger classes with more boats in them and rewarding the teams well for racing in those classes. That is not to say the other classes 1-6 are not welcome or wanted. THEY ARE!!!!!! It will be built to encourage teams to move up into the money classes and get sponsors based on great compatition and hard core racing. If the SVL style is included it means you can buy a race ready boat for under $100K and be in the big show. We all know boat racing is expensive but there are plenty of teams out there that have way more money in there race boats than that. The question is do you want to race or do you want to look good?
    Randy

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    The question is do you want to race or do you want to look good?
    Randy
    Look good.....

Keep us informed Randy, and thanks for the updates so far.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

10. Collapse Details

i,ll take RACE and look ok....when you go real fast you don,t have time for too much wax,,we race,,,drink margarittas,,,race again,,,and then go to the stage and drink more margarittas,,,!!!lolol

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by THEJOKER View Post
    Single spec engine , open cockpit , 24-29 ft in length would be awesome! Keep us posted.
    bryan i have a canopy mold i,m trying to get rid of,,,call me,,

12. Collapse Details

Brian start the deck mold with a lid on it. P1 is interested in one of the classes as a single HP to weight SVL style boat most likely with the 525 as a HP to weight that already exists. From what I have been told the focus of the weekend of racing will be on 4-5 classes only. They will get the lions share of the TV ,money and attention. Its about building bigger classes with more boats in them and rewarding the teams well for racing in those classes. That is not to say the other classes 1-6 are not welcome or wanted. THEY ARE!!!!!! It will be built to encourage teams to move up into the money classes and get sponsors based on great compatition and hard core racing. If the SVL style is included it means you can buy a race ready boat for under $100K and be in the big show. We all know boat racing is expensive but there are plenty of teams out there that have way more money in there race boats than that. The question is do you want to race or do you want to look good?
    Randy
    I'm all for the P1 Success......trust me. I just can't get over the way I got involved in offshore powerboat racing back in 1999. The West Coast boat I raced , I was a dealer for. " Race on Sunday , Sell on Monday" , theory worked big time for me. I sold so many pleasure boats because I raced the same model boat in F1. I went on to buy my own molds and invested alot of time in money just for the F1 racing theory and I still haven't quit. Other companies did well too selling pleasure models of the F1 Boats. You know that w/ Kryptonite and there was Acitivator , Phantom , Fountain , Baja , Formula, Lavey Craft and others doing well during those F1 years. I tried it with ORL and Gino gave it a run. Who will be the F1 Offshore Savior?

13. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Brian,
    You did everything you could do, and there were a few teams that held on till the very end. When it came right down to it the racers were the ones that really didnt want F1 to go on. Alot of the F1 boats fell into P class and most r still there doing there thing. You can take the horse to water but you cant make them drink.

14. Collapse Details

It has been well planned out and designed for success. It is geared around racing and not any one org. If the Org's want to be involved then they are more than welcome and encouraged to unite. Think in terms of APBA sanctioning racing in the USA again where we ALL have the same rules,North,South,West,Great Lakes and all having one big Worlds. This not a OSS,OPA,SBI,PROPRA thing. Its about united racing in the USA. As racer's that's what most of us want.
    MD
    Randy Thanks again. I highlighted some important parts.

15. Collapse Details

I have confirmed OPA is involved in discussions as well.

16. Collapse Details

You bet!!!!! I believe SBI is ready as well to listen to the plan. PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE make this happen everyone!
    Randy

17. Collapse Details

This would be great to see with all the world success of P1!!

18. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Does anyone know how many active P1 boats there are right now??

19. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    I have confirmed OPA is involved in discussions as well.
    Jim,

Did you get the Info. from Smitty??

20. Collapse Details

it would trully bring offshore racing in the us to the next level...and maybe sponsors would have faith in boat racing again..it,s a win win for all...boat builders,,,.engine builders...drive builders.....the whole marine industry would benefit...i hope every org. takes advantage of this oppertunity....