Thread: P1-usa

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Don't forget though Randy, for some half the fun is building and maintaining. Not just the racing.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Raticket, I want that list of people. I have plenty of work and maint. I can use help with. It gets old real quick!!! The perfect race weekend is getting to a site and home with no travel issues on the road. Testing and racing without breaking anything,Having a great time and getting on the podium in a large class, not spending more than you have in the bank to cover your expence for the weekend. And if all goes good you have a chance of it not costing you anything in the SVL class. Except ware and tear and depreatiation of your investment. I concider a perfect weekend only costing me $2500 net. Now if your really hungry you race your boat 2 times and pray a lot. If you are starving and on the brink of just plain losing your mind you bring 2 boats and race 3 times.
    Randy

3. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    If you are starving and on the brink of just plain losing your mind you bring 2 boats and race 3 times.
    Randy
    I was there chasing you around in two of them. Actually thought I had a chance of getting by in Class5.....

4. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Randy,
    Any team that feels that way can still buy a merc, and the other builders will have to start standing behind their motor. It will keep everyone honest, and builders that want to be in the game r going to have to step up to the plate. If they r really aggressive they might even have to come up with a program to get business.... wow what an idea.

5. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Their are 10 good motor builders that i know and half of them would be interested in helping racers. No one is going to give anything away same as Merc but they will work with teams if they want to sell motors....

6. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Randy,
    Isnt that what you guys have already, only difference is open it up to other motor builders, and not just merc like u have it now.That is something you guys can do right now to get the other builders excited in Offshore. Simalar to what was done in F1 when Merc, Innovation and Tyler were building motors for the class, seemed to work well.
    If a builder has spec's he needs to follow it open it up to all of them. Just need a dyno sheet with the HP and torque.
    In SVU we have Merc's , Ilmors, and Cobra's....Our class is open to any builder and that how Cobra got interested in Racing again.
    no were not going that route,right now our class is doing fine,start change it then we end up like the rest 2 or 3 boats..we will be campaining the biggest class in 2010 because we dont change the receipe every time someone says i,ll race IF,, there are about 20 used 525,s for sale right now from 10,000 to 12,500...how much cheaper do you want it..randy is right watch p class they pay half as much 3 times,,i,m on my 3rd season,,engine builders are just like racers always looking for the edge,,,we have a proven product right now,,do you?how many races did you finish how many races did any of the class finish..svl almost every boat finished every race<<<sooo lets fix what??
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

7. Collapse Details

motor builders are not interested in racing!! their market is poker runners NO LIMITS,, ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY and their are 30 times as many.!

8. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by imco offshore View Post
    no were not going that route,right now our class is doing fine,start change it then we end up like the rest 2 or 3 boats..we will be campaining the biggest class in 2010 because we dont change the receipe every time someone says i,ll race IF,, there are about 20 used 525,s for sale right now from 10,000 to 12,500...how much cheaper do you want it..randy is right watch p class they pay half as much 3 times,,i,m on my 3rd season,,engine builders are just like racers always looking for the edge,,,we have a proven product right now,,do you?how many races did you finish how many races did any of the class finish..svl almost every boat finished every race<<<sooo lets fix what??
    How much to freshen/rebuild one of the used ones and have it resealed? Anyone done it lately?

9. Collapse Details

8000 bucks

10. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    Whats the cost of a new motor with headers aprox 575HP
    Mec 525
    Illmore
    Vortec
    Cobra
    Teague
    and any others
    Im sure there could be some deals made but what are the cost if the average guy went in and bought one at dealer cost for racing?
    I believe the Merc is aprox 35k.

Any motor builders out there that might want to show case there product this might be a good time to chime in.
    MD
    George,
    I was just replying to randys post, i think you guys have a good motor stick with it if that what the class wants.

11. Collapse Details

Competitor
    George,
    Believe me i know better then anyone about motor lasting. My old 500 HP in my old Fountain is still kicking with only one rebuild and almost 40-50 races later maybe more. Believe me that motor has had a hard life...lol ...but keeps running.

12. Collapse Details

ok so why do we want to change anything ? i believe you..the guys with the monster motors big accomplishment is FINISHING..

13. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ThrottleUp Props's Avatar
    Fruition George, fruition!

Julie
    When you feel the need for speed...Throttle Up!

GO FAST or GO HOME!

14. Collapse Details

Competitor
    And winning is a plus...... lol

15. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    How much to freshen/rebuild one of the used ones and have it resealed? Anyone done it lately?

525 EFI Race Sterndrive Engine Refresh Maintenance Program

Fon Du Lac, WI 11/3/2009 - Mercury Racing continues to offer factory engine refreshing and sealing certification for the popular 525 EFI race sterndrive engine package. The service is available to all offshore race organizations and competitors racing the 525 EFI sterndrive engine.

The factory-direct service, based at Mercury Racing’s world headquarters in Fond du Lac, Wis., features a complete inspection and refresh of the engine – from the bare cylinder block through a final power run on a dynamometer.

Refreshes are done strictly to Mercury Racing factory standards and specifications. All replacement parts are Mercury Racing specified manufacturers’ original parts. The standard 525 EFI refresh includes a complete disassembly and inspection of the engine. Replaced components include cylinder heads and gaskets, intake and exhaust valves, valve springs, retainers, valve seals, rocker arms, lifters, pistons and rings, rod bearings, main bearings, cam bearings, rod bolts, camshaft, timing chain and sprocket set, oil and fuel filters, spark plugs, impeller kit, oil pump, fuel pump, miscellaneous gaskets, seals and hardware.

525 EFI Race Standard Refresh Service Parts Kit Contents:

(1) Set valve springs
    (1) Set retainers
    (1) Set valve seals
    (1) Set lifters
    (1) Set cylinder heads and gaskets
    (1) Oil and fuel filters
    (1) Set spark plugs
    (1) Sea pump – impeller kit
    (1) Set exhaust valves
    (1) Set intake valves
    (1) Set rocker arms
    (1) Set pistons and rings
    (1) Set rod bearings
    (1) Set main bearings
    (1) Set cam bearings
    (1) Set rod bolts
    (1) Camshaft
    (1) Timing chain and sprocket set
    (1) Serpentine belt
    (1) Oil pump and shaft
    (1) Fuel pump
    Miscellaneous gaskets, seals, hardware

Racer price for the refresh of one engine is $9,949.80. The fee covers labor and replacement of parts included in the standard refresh kit. Owners will be notified for approval prior to replacement of additional major components. All other parts required in addition to the cost of the standard refresh will be invoiced along with any additional labor.

A minimum flat fee of $1,200 per engine will be charged for engine disassembly and inspection if the owner chooses not to go forward with the engine refresh.

Owners with Mercury Racing race accounts can send their engines in direct or through a qualified Mercury Racing Total Engine Application Management (T.E.A.M.) accredited OEM boat builder or dealer.

Owners are required to contact Mercury Racing at 920-921-5330 for approval prior to sending their engines.

About Mercury Racing
    Based in Fond du Lac, Wis., Mercury Racing, a division of Mercury Marine, is a leading provider of high-performance marine propulsion systems for discriminating boaters worldwide, offering an exciting and fulfilling power boating experience on the water. Using leading-edge technology, Mercury Racing produces high-performance outboards, sterndrives, propellers, parts and accessories. Mercury Racing-powered boats win more races worldwide and set more records as compared to boats powered by other marine engine manufacturers. Mercury Marine is a division of Brunswick Corp. (NYSE: BC), the world’s largest manufacturer of recreational products, including pleasure boats, marine engines, fitness equipment, and bowling and billiards.

16. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Jim,
    Does Innovation still do the re-builds?

17. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    I expect they do. Don't know the details.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    And winning is a plus...... lol
    FRANK YOUR RIGHT WINNING IS A PLUS...i,v seen those guys not finish a race and WIN. go up on stage get a checkerd and trophy, how many have you seen this year???? how many of those guys do you think would come back if you said ,,you have to finish the race to win.???

19. Collapse Details

they don,t do oss !

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ThrottleUp Props View Post
    Fruition George, fruition!

Julie
    HAPPY NEW YEAR baby girl hows matt hope you had a great night.

you mean FRUSTRATION....why is it if a guy has a idea (MARTIN) to help the sport..the wing men come out of the sand and try to shoot holes in it..then look the other way and smile and say " I HOPE IT WORKS.".REALLY"