Thread: P1-usa

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Jim,

Did you get the Info. from Smitty??
    I spoke with Martin in length last night. He is working tirelessly on this.

His efforts and plan threatens No one and truly seems to be a win win for racing and the various orgs. It is not for me to share any details. He is close to making his own announcements. I look forward to them as much as any one.

In the mean time everyone support your favorite org.

2. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Thanks Jim sounds great look forward to hearing more in the futhure.

3. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ThrottleUp Props's Avatar
    If there is anything we can do to help PLEASE feel free to call us. We will support those who are truely trying to make a difference.

Julie & Matt
    Throttle Up Propellers
    SAI
    When you feel the need for speed...Throttle Up!

GO FAST or GO HOME!

4. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THEJOKER View Post
    Single spec engine , open cockpit , 24-29 ft in length would be awesome! Keep us posted.
    Agreed..but I would imagine they are going to utilize the horespower to weight formula for all of the classes they run.There are many advantages to letting teams build thier own engines.How about this:

SUPER VEE ..CANOPIED TWIN ENGINE HP TO WT(EVOLUTION CURRENTLY)
    SUPER VEE LIGHT...CANOPIED SINGLE ENGINE HP TO WT

VEE..OPEN COCKPIT TWIN ENGINE HP TO WT(SUPER SPORT CURRENTLY)
    VEE LIGHT..OPEN COCKPIT SINGLE ENGINE HP TO WT

Maybe these open cockpit classes could grow again like Factory 1 and 2...it certainly could provide great marketing opportunities for the high performance boating industry.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 1waterboy1 View Post
    Agreed..but I would imagine they are going to utilize the horespower to weight formula for all of the classes they run.There are many advantages to letting teams build thier own engines.How about this:

SUPER VEE ..CANOPIED TWIN ENGINE HP TO WT(EVOLUTION CURRENTLY)
    SUPER VEE LIGHT...CANOPIED SINGLE ENGINE HP TO WT

VEE..OPEN COCKPIT TWIN ENGINE HP TO WT(SUPER SPORT CURRENTLY)
    VEE LIGHT..OPEN COCKPIT SINGLE ENGINE HP TO WT

Maybe these open cockpit classes could grow again like Factory 1 and 2...it certainly could provide great marketing opportunities for the high performance boating industry.
    Be careful Mark!! Your proposal is too logical and makes too much sense But here is a reference point for you to see some of the objections in your new proposal

http://seriousoffshore.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=11135

Beware of that wanna be racer that finally finished a race(behind the class below him) he will say you are nobody and drunk

Thank you Martin for working "tirelessly" on this endeavor and Randy, great job!!!! Keep us posted on how things develop...
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

6. Collapse Details

Does anyone know how many active P1 boats there are right now??
    There are 14 boats listed on their website. 7 Evo and 7 SS.

7. Collapse Details

Competitor
    OK thanks

8. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    well it will be great to see what they can do with all our boats over here!! because they took 7 and 7 and turned it into a great tv show and were on tv for real !!! to me,, i,d rather watch 7 boats in one class,, than 7 boats in 5 classes ? their system must work because most of their boats finish races,,look at our super classes their are 3 or 4 boats and maybe 1 or 2 finish ,,,,!all these guys show up with 1200 hp,,,975hp...850hp,,drop the green flag,,,one minuite later,,blew a belt,,too much water psi blew off the hose... over heating,,, ect,,,ect,,,,and they all still get a checkerd flag,,,, go back to basics and race,,,i have a question??? besides svl,,and ss,,,and the p guys,,,do all the BIG MONEY GUYS REALLY WANT TO LINE UP WITH 15 OTHER RACERS ?? I DON,T THINK YOUR GOING TO BE ABLE TO BUY YOUR WAY IN TO P1 ,,,just my guess!!
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

9. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    How many P1 boats they have in Europe doesn not mean anything in the great USA. We could eclips them by 10 fold if we ban together.
    MD

10. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ThrottleUp Props's Avatar
    Key words "ban together" and be the brotherhood, that is claimed to be!

Julie
    When you feel the need for speed...Throttle Up!

GO FAST or GO HOME!

11. Collapse Details

due to the safety element, i think it would be built on canopy boats!! this isn,t demeaning to anyone ,FINALLY someone passes out a rule book,,here is the classes..PERIOD...build to race or don,t !! if your happy where you are great..if you want to try the next new series,,build it.. i think EVERYONE is so use to all the hype and disappointment let downs from all in the past..some try to defuse the next mans idea..if you don,t have any intrest in it ,,look away..but please don,t try to ruin the hope some have for the sport and it,s furture. some are bullish,,,some are trying to better,,,and some have a NEW great idea....lets make the best of it,,,a very smart man told me one day..I,M GOING WHERE I,M WELCOME!! ALL have a great new year
    Last edited by imco offshore; 12-30-2009 at 10:47 PM.

12. Collapse Details

Competitor
    It could be good... Its really isnt anything we dont already have it just a matter of putting the pieces together. The 2 P1 class as we know them was tried last yr by OSS , the new additons would be SVL that we already have and the forth SS again that we currently run. Sounds like this yr will be a good shake down to get ready to for the 2011 season, and anyone that is interested should ban togther and make it work. We have the boats and we have great race sites so it is just a matter of Martin putting the pieces together.

13. Collapse Details

i don,t know of the 2 p1 classes oss has tried were?? oss has never had hp to weight class!! ,,,and we do have some of the classes now ,,but the other side of it is,,, it,s being driven by greed...if we already have all the peices!! why hasen,t someone allready put them together.??

14. Collapse Details

George Ron instituted one power to weight class. Never really caught on but it does exist.

http://www.offshoresuperseries.com/racers.cfm

15. Collapse Details

are you sure it was a CLASS he talked about it,,and we voted on it ,i don,t think we wanted another class..soo it was put on the shelf untill some intrest developed..i remember voteing it out.

16. Collapse Details

I don't know but, it is there in detail to read.

17. Collapse Details

yea we voted in the pro am in and the pw to hp out..untill we got more interest in it

18. Collapse Details

Competitor
    George,
    What I meant is that it was tried I know i spoke in great detail with Ron about it, and u could be right you guys might of voted it down but when i spoke to him he gave me the impression OSS had adapted the class he even sent me a copy of the rules. I also tired and spoke to 5-6 of the SVU teams and none of them seemed interested at the time.
    But thats not the point all I'm saying is we have the boats and race sites so it is just a matter of putting the pieces together. Like I said all Martin is tring to down is put all those piece together and make it work. If the racers buy into it then it will work, we need to ban together like i said in my last post.
    Last edited by XtremeRacing; 12-31-2009 at 12:18 AM.

19. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    Yes, OSS offered a P1 equivalent class last year but no one wanted to:
    a. Send their engines out to our dyno facility.
    b. meet the Power to Weight formula. Most boats had big power and would need to weight more than 10,000 pounds.

You already have Power to weight in every spec class. Vee lite is 540 hp to 4850 or whatever your weight is. Vee is 540 x 2 x 8000, same in Cat lite and on up. What is needed is an on-site propshaft dyno so any engine can be used.

Frank, didn't SBI play around with one of these? Didn't it work?

Why does P1 want to come to the USA? Are they bringing the same fleet from Europe or do they plan to get some US teams to join?

What is the benefit to have P1 at a race site? Are you just looking for a bigger boat count?

20. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ron P's Avatar
    If the racers buy into it then it will work, we need to ban together like i said in my last post.
    I'll say it again. If they racers wanted to unify this sport, they could do it tomorrow. Banding together has always been the problem.