Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
  1. Collapse Details

Bought brekfeaast for a cop this am....was thinking about this thread

2. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Quote Originally Posted by drpete3 View Post
    Nice job Pete!
    ________

3. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ThrottleUp Props's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drpete3 View Post
    I am sure you warmed his heart a bit this morning drpete3! That can be a very thankless job at times.

Reinstilling one's faith in humanity, one breafast at a time!

Thank you drpete3!

Julie
    When you feel the need for speed...Throttle Up!

GO FAST or GO HOME!

4. Collapse Details

I have been looking at this thread thinking what have I done to help other people? Sometimes you don't even think about the things you give away. I have friend that is going through a divorce. she had been kicked out of her house with her 2 kids. I let her move in my dads house (he is in a nursing home). She has a low paying job so I am paying her electric, water, sewer, cable, and the condo fee. She really needed the help. Her oldman is a real peace of sh!t. He is in the house that the bank is getting ready to foreclose on. Sometimes you don't realize how good you realy have it.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi View Post
    Trusting a 33 year old gas gauge in one of my collector cars, I ran out of gas one evening going home from a car show. A woman in an SUV with a toddler in a car seat stopped to help me. She yelled she'd be right back with some gas for me.

She came back with two gallons and I was mobile again. I asked her to please follow me to the nearest station where I planned to fill-up both of our tanks.

Turns out this remarkable woman is divorced with two kids of her own, (boys) and three girls she adopted when her best friend was killed in a car accident. The battery in her SUV was so bad that night she couldn't shut it off for the re-fueling. She had no cash on her and she bought the gas she brought me with the change she scraped-up from the inside of her vehicle!

I filled her tank and gave her $20.00 for pocket money. The next day I brought her a battery from my shop and installed it. I do all her car repairs to this day with a smile on my face.

She got laid-off from her job and couldn't pay her electric bill. I now manage her electric bill from my computer every month. It's only about $135.00 a month, but it is a big thing to her and one less worry. She never asks for anything and I have to ask her what she needs. The kids are great and I call them my "adopted family". I spoil them on their birthdays and it's as much fun for me as it is for them.
    Merry Chiistmas to you and your extended family

Your a good man!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Sometimes you don't realize how good you realy have it.
    +1

I'm trying to change my way of thinking. I wish I had it better but sure as heck know things could be much worse!

7. Collapse Details

Fond du Lac, WI Cheeseheads & Kiekhaefer Scarab KV Miami Vice LTD Formally Snap-On Tools Canada
    Last night when I got in from my run, I thought I was done and head'n home for Christmas. Not to be. One of our drivers that lives in Ohio was at the yard with a load that had to deliver in Northern Wis. If he delivered it and came back down to the yard, he would not have had enough hours left on his log to get home with out having to take a 10 hour break and probably miss Christmas eve at home. Was asked if I'd run his load rest of the way North for him. I only had enough hours left to make it up there and would have to do a 10 hour before I could come back down. With this thread in the back of my mind, I agreed to do it. Long story short, the load coming back down wasn't ready until late today and have just gotten home...24 hours after I thought I'd be home.
    I think the Ohio driver beat me home by about 8-10 hours.
    Thanks Mac

8. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TCEd View Post
    We got Jerzee from a rescue group in Holland, Mi. She's the girl on the left, a 2 y.o.German Wirehair Pointer. Her new brother is a German Shorthair who we also rescued six years ago as a pup.
    Sweet.

The Humane Society in Holland is where a large portion of our charitable donations go......

Thanks......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    +1

I'm trying to change my way of thinking. I wish I had it better but sure as heck know things could be much worse!
    Same here...I don't feel self pity or remorse...while we have always given generously I have really focused on helping those truly less fortunate this year.
    Warning: There will be no warning shots.