Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Random Acts of Kindness
    Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Smile
    Since we don't do the gift exchange, I think I'm gonna surprise someone by purchasing their groceries for them. I have Wednesday off, so thats the day
    ________

2. Collapse Details

Bought my friends dinner last night!!! Just got a call from them 2 come over 4 lasagna tonight!! I'm right on that!!

3. Collapse Details

My parents one year paid for December's rent for my roommate. They knew she and her mom didn't have much. It meant a lot to her
    I saw a boat once!

4. Collapse Details

My company distributed 600,000 lbs of food in 2009 free of charge for the local food bank. I love helping those that cannot help themselves.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by THEJOKER View Post
    My company distributed 600,000 lbs of food in 2009 free of charge for the local food bank. I love helping those that cannot help themselves.
    You are the reason we don't need the government to tell us how to be charitable.

6. Collapse Details

I've done random acts of kindness. I remember giving a toll collctor a five, and told him to use the change to pay the next four tolls.

I was at the convenience store, and a guy and his wife were buying some cokes and ice. They found out they didn't have enough money, and we going to put the ice back. I told them to get the ice, and I'd pay for it. I didn't have much money at the time, but I had more than they did. They thanked me. If they had been buying beer, I wouldn't have offered.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cuda View Post
    I've done random acts of kindness. I remember giving a toll collctor a five, and told him to use the change to pay the next four tolls.

I was at the convenience store, and a guy and his wife were buying some cokes and ice. They found out they didn't have enough money, and we going to put the ice back. I told them to get the ice, and I'd pay for it. I didn't have much money at the time, but I had more than they did. They thanked me. If they had been buying beer, I wouldn't have offered.
    Nice Cuda! I was @ a Ga / Fla game back in the 80's and I left my hotel to go down to a convenience store. There was a homeless guy sitting beside the store , he asked me for nothing. I asked him why he was homeless and he told me his tragic sad , life story. I gave him a $ 50.00 bill and a nice blunt I had in my pocket. To say the least he was a happy camper.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by THEJOKER View Post
    a nice blunt I had in my pocket

9. Collapse Details

there is a homeless older black guy in a wheelchair, missing both legs that collects at a corner on US1 by me, been doing it for awhile... couple weekends ago I was stopped at the light, and he wheeled up with his plastic soda cup... I asked him how were collections that day, he looked in the cup, and he looked away and almost couldn't answer me, and said.. man, I only got a $5 bill so far... so I said if ya give me that 5 i'll give you a 50... he did... and I did... I told him get off the street and go eat... and he started crying... I almost did too..

10. Collapse Details

Appleton, Wisconsin. Where we have 2 seasons... winter and road construction
    Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    there is a homeless older black guy in a wheelchair, missing both legs that collects at a corner on US1 by me, been doing it for awhile... couple weekends ago I was stopped at the light, and he wheeled up with his plastic soda cup... I asked him how were collections that day, he looked in the cup, and he looked away and almost couldn't answer me, and said.. man, I only got a $5 bill so far... so I said if ya give me that 5 i'll give you a 50... he did... and I did... I told him get off the street and go eat... and he started crying... I almost did too..
    Nice job!!
    ________

11. Collapse Details

Can I paypal ya $5 for the same exchange rate?

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    Can I paypal ya $5 for the same exchange rate?
    sure, cut both your legs off above the knee's and steal a wheelchair... i'll meet ya at the corner of 184 and US1, be there about 8? after your done, the all-you-can-eat Chinese Buffet is right across the street..

13. Collapse Details

LOL! Good answer Buizilla!

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    sure, cut both your legs off above the knee's and steal a wheelchair... i'll meet ya at the corner of 184 and US1, be there about 8? after your done, the all-you-can-eat Chinese Buffet is right across the street..
    I reckon that'll learn ya!

15. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cuda View Post
    I reckon that'll learn ya!
    Tough crowd......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

16. Collapse Details

We just got 18-20 inches of snow yesterday....I borrowed a small tractor to clear my drive way...ended up pulling the tractor owners truck out of a ditch and clearing 2 other driveways before I took it back.

17. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ThrottleUp Props's Avatar
    Wow heart warming guys! So it turns out that I am the one receiving....

So, I will share as well. I m very fortunate that I have been able to share the holidays with a lovely family, with 3 children. I wanted Christmas to be innocent for them, adult problem free, if you will. So it turns out I am the one whos blessed. I had the best time shopping for toys for the kids. Our Daughter is 21 years young, so its been a while. I have to tell you I had the best time. I had the warmest heart today! The power of ones heart is truely amazing. So, as it turns out, we really must have needed them in our lives! We are really very blessed to share the spirit of Jolly O'le Saint Nick and wish the very same for all of you!

Julie
    When you feel the need for speed...Throttle Up!

GO FAST or GO HOME!

18. Collapse Details

Sponsor / Charter Member ThrottleUp Props's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
    We just got 18-20 inches of snow yesterday....I borrowed a small tractor to clear my drive way...ended up pulling the tractor owners truck out of a ditch and clearing 2 other driveways before I took it back.
    Nice....Pay it forward!

Julie
    When you feel the need for speed...Throttle Up!

GO FAST or GO HOME!

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ThrottleUp Props View Post
    Nice....Pay it forward!

Julie
    I feel GOD looks out after me most days. In order to stay on his good side, I make a point to do things for other when I can. Stopped on the highway to change a flat tire for an older couple a few years ago, regularly cut the fields for the guy that lets me store his boat on the edge of his property, with the storm coming went to make sure my grandfather's back-up generator was running just as the snow started falling Friday night. The more I look out for others....the more others will look out for me!!!

BTW: Every year we pull a name from an Angel tree and buy for a child in need. My 3 kids (8,11,13) are taken to pick out gifts, we want to make sure they know how good they have it when others don't.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ThrottleUp Props View Post
    Wow heart warming guys! So it turns out that I am the one receiving....

So, I will share as well. I m very fortunate that I have been able to share the holidays with a lovely family, with 3 children. I wanted Christmas to be innocent for them, adult problem free, if you will. So it turns out I am the one whos blessed. I had the best time shopping for toys for the kids. Our Daughter is 21 years young, so its been a while. I have to tell you I had the best time. I had the warmest heart today! The power of ones heart is truely amazing. So, as it turns out, we really must have needed them in our lives! We are really very blessed to share the spirit of Jolly O'le Saint Nick and wish the very same for all of you!

Julie
    Sounds like my mom. All of her kids, and grandkids are grown. If she didn't have ten great grandkids, I don't know what she'd do. If there was ever a lady born to be a grandma, it's my mom.