1. Collapse Details
    Livorsi Marine GPS Speedo
    How long should the GPS speedo antenna battery last? Our's only lasted 2 years 3 months in the boat . Does that sound right?

2. Collapse Details

Competitor
    its a big mess with what they have to offer on those things, I have experienced that on several boats and they have a new style antennae that doesn't utilize the battery but only works on certain ones. Just have to call them with the vintage on your gauge, and what type of connector is on the back, The little Molex plug or the three, ring terminals. Good Luck

3. Collapse Details

Mine lasted 3 1/2 years. I sent them the antenna and they changed the battery for 50 bucks. They were fast but to much $$$ for a battery.

4. Collapse Details

I just ordered a new Livorsi gps speedo and antenna, he mentioned that it will have the new style that doesn't need a battery so i would have to worry about it going dead in a couple of years. So sounds like 2-3 years for battery life is correct.

Will the Livorsi antenna also work with my Nordskog speedo, it doesn't have a plug just wires hanging off the back? They look identical except for the logo, and i wanted to put the nordskog in the center console for the back seat.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Seadated View Post
    Mine lasted 3 1/2 years. I sent them the antenna and they changed the battery for 50 bucks. They were fast but to much $$$ for a battery.
    They want $159.00 for a refurbished one if I send them the old one or $315.00 for the one with no battery. What a **** poor design if they would tell you that the battery goes dead in two years I would have gone another route.I bet if Mike bought a TV for $450.00 and in 2 years it stopped working he be ****ed, but for another $315.00 they can fix it he would be mad as hell. Oh yea if I send in the old antenna back they will give me a $30.00 discount on the $315.00 antenna.

6. Collapse Details

Some of our club members have opened them up and replaced the battery. It is soldered in but you can get it out and replace it. Pretty sure it is one of those watch batteries that looks like a quarter.

7. Collapse Details

There was a thread on here or the other site with a step by step on replacing it yourself. I am on my phone now and don't feel like searching for it but it is out there somewhere. I remember reading it.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sea-Dated View Post
    There was a thread on here or the other site with a step by step on replacing it yourself. I am on my phone now and don't feel like searching for it but it is out there somewhere. I remember reading it.
    Yep! There was a thread on DIY battery replacement in the AT forum on the other site a while back. I will be dredging that one back up given mine quit working at the end of the season.

What's the name of the chain...Batteries Plus? Apparently they stock the batteries and will even solder them in for you. Joby, do we have any of them around here?
    Hampton Roads Powerboat Association

9. Collapse Details

Competitor
    When i inquired about changing the battery ourselves they said it needed to be recalibrated after you replace it so it has to go to them any way. ?? That's what Livorsi told me anyway.