• It is absolutley incorrect

10 12.82%
  • Some of the people belong but it's not complete

49 62.82%
  • Stecz is a putz

17 21.79%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Most influential People in Hi-Performance Boating? I don't think the list is accurate
    Worldwide - Blue Martini Hall of Fame - Your sisters house
    Matt Trulio made this list. He posted it on FB. Several people commented on it and actually disagreed with him. I did as well. So I responded and still hold my position the list is wayyy off. I wasn't trying to pick a fight, but it is what it is at this point.

I just sent Matt a msg and told him I was going to post the list here and ask for input from you guys. I know several of us are on FB, but this is where this needs to be discussed.

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...448e6181b72040

2. Collapse Details

No fight at all. Just discussion. And probably debate. This will be fun. What I'd really like in addition to you guys taking the poll are your comments.

I will do my best to respond to all of your questions, unless they pertain to alan4 because I don't know him so can't comment on whether or not he is a putz.

Have at.

3. Collapse Details

LOL. He's a putz.

Ok, I'm sorry if i cam across too harsh Matt. We have many friends in common so I'm sure we would get along.

I agree, I'm interested in the comments

4. Collapse Details

Lie him or not Reggie changed the game.He should be on the list.

5. Collapse Details

how do you edit the polls dammit?? I was on the phone while typing. Make one it is correct and one NOT correct. Thanks any of the mods

6. Collapse Details

MTI's Randy S. Should be on that list.

7. Collapse Details

registered
    I think this could make for a great discussion, and I thank Matt for opening up the dialogue and Bill for bringing it here.

I can't disagree with the list, but I feel that there are some obvious omissions.

I would add to the list:
    First and Foremost, Don Aronow
    Reginald Fountain
    Bob Nordskog
    Gene Whip
    Mike Alweiss
    Bobby Saccenti
    Dennis Cavanaugh

And I'm sure I'll think of a few others.

8. Collapse Details

That list leaves out many people who have contributed far more than some of the names mentioned.

9. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollabill View Post
    how do you edit the polls dammit?? I was on the phone while typing. Make one it is correct and one NOT correct. Thanks any of the mods
    I fixed it. Let me know if there's anything else.

P.S.
    Allan4 has been replaced.

10. Collapse Details

Thanks for fixing that Nick

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by CigDaze View Post
    I fixed it. Let me know if there's anything else.

P.S.
    Allan4 has been replaced.
    LOL I love it.

12. Collapse Details

You forgot someone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails get-attachment.jpg  

13. Collapse Details

Some of the people on the list have been successful in the marine biz, but I don't think changed the sport. Thats just reality. And if they should be living, than you have to add Reggie and Bobby S. among many others. Eliminator is a west coast lake boat. that simple. They may be nice and the founder may be a nice guy, but they don't belong on a list with that title.

14. Collapse Details

Registered
    Here's my list,

1. Gar Wood, the Silver Fox
    2. Capt. Red Crise
    3. Don Aronow
    4. Bob Nordskog
    5. Fred Kiekhaefer
    6. Ray Hunt
    7. Jim Wynnes
    8. Don Shead
    9. Betty Cook
    10. Howard Arneson
    11. Sonny Levi - Oh darn! To many for a top ten list, how
    about a top 50 list so Reggie can get on the
    list. Maybe?

15. Collapse Details

I did limit my list to the living. Otherwise, it would be a completely different list.

As for my omission of Reggie Fountain, I've been pretty vocal in the past about how meaningful his contribution has been and (I hope) will be. (I've taken heat for that, too, which is fine but worth noting.) But given the current state of things, I thought his inclusion would raise eyebrows.

As FasterDad points out (and his list is great), top 10 lists are pretty challenging.

Carry on, gentlemen. My ears, eyes and mind are wide open. And please, please do not worry about offending.

16. Collapse Details

The list could never be limited to only 10 unless it was specific catagories, eg Boat Designers, Boat Racers, Boat Builders, Boat Riggers, Boat Painters etc, 10 could only start a good list (IMO)

17. Collapse Details

As far as Dean, I've met him several times and think he does amazing paint work. But, honestly, I don't think a painter should be anywhere near that list.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dollabill View Post
    As far as Dean, I've met him several times and think he does amazing paint work. But, honestly, I don't think a painter should be anywhere near that list.

And think you will be hard pressed to find anohter person who has done more for this sport in recent years than Reggie Fountain. IMHO

Can you guys believe I chimed in on a SERIOUS thread like this! I better get back to the Ho thread.
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

19. Collapse Details

registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Trulio View Post
    I did limit my list to the living. Otherwise, it would be a completely different list.

As for my omission of Reggie Fountain, I've been pretty vocal in the past about how meaningful his contribution has been and (I hope) will be. (I've taken heat for that, too, which is fine but worth noting.) But given the current state of things, I thought his inclusion would raise eyebrows.

As FasterDad points out (and his list is great), top 10 lists are pretty challenging.

Carry on, gentlemen. My ears, eyes and mind are wide open. And please, please do not worry about offending.

Thanks for the clarification on limiting it to only living members. That certainly changes things.

And I fully appreciate the daunting challenge of narrowing this list to only 10.

Great topic.

20. Collapse Details

registered
    Well...Matt is a writer and he's written his list of who he feels are currently the top 10 most influential people in the boating industry. It's got a "west coast" slant for sure. Is it the same as mine would be? No, I really wouldn't know where to start.

Well, wait a minute...Lou, who owns the corner store a half of a mile away from my house supplies my beer, water, gatorade and ice for boating, so he's on my list. Then there's Larry at the local airport. He sells me AvGas, so he's on my list as well. Matt Valcich, my insurance guy cut my insurance costs almost in half this past year and I'm not lying about how much HP I have anymore. He's the man!! My buddy Hugh (SOS-HPOffshore) sold us our TopGun 5 years ago and found a center console for us this year that was a great deal, he's in! Dave Govatas (SOS-mdgperf) built us a nice set of engines that have held together for the past three seasons with no failures. Brilliant!!! Jim Whip owns the closest gas station to my house and sells me the 93 octane fuel that I mix with Larry's AvGas.....and he's got a hot Wife who doubles as register girl and propane tank filler. They're in. Sue (a nice Korean woman) owns the deli across from Whip's BP station. Hey, we've gotta eat when we go boating, right? My neighbor Ted (SOS-Ted) always is there to loan me tools or whatever I need when I don't have it myself. He's actually saved us boating day's, so he's in!! My Pal Kenny towed me in this past summer when I ran out of fuel. He always answers his phone and he loves beer just like me. He's on the list!

The last person who is the most influential on my boating world top ten list is my wife Nancy. She 's the brains behind our operation and let's me do whatever the phuck I want. God bless her!!

So DollarBill, who is on your list?
    Last edited by OldSchool; 12-07-2009 at 10:37 PM. Reason: spelling!!