Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Randy you are correct I did some checking today, and from my understanding they dont have a rule book for Offshroe and that is not their goal. They r interested in membership fee's from the racers, and sanctioning fee from the Org.and I also beleive they can supply insurance but I'm not sure of the cost good or bad.

On a side note if we as racers have to pay addition fee's to APBA to make a rule book for us I hate to say it but thats pretty sad . Every team would have to hold a membership card or else no cross racing again. That was the issue SBI had and has resolved.
    Frank, hi,,,I think if APBA was to write a rule book,and SBI nad OSS was to use it ,,their would 3 times as many boats in each class,,like i,v been saying ,,,IT WOULD FORCE YOU TO PICK A CLASS AND BUILD TO IT,,,simple that would be called UNIFICATION,,,so now that we know the answer,what do you think is going to happen,,,,,i,ll help your guess,,,NOTHING,,,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Maybe a good start would be to have an apba rule book, or approved classes. I don't see any org standing up for the rules like enforcing mininum boat count for a class on the fear of loosing boats.

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    APBA needs to say we will only recognise the following classes you guys pick the class and submit them. for Kilos, and Hall of Champions, and the Coveted US1 Title.
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by T2x View Post
    APBA and Offshore groups meet

As part of efforts to strengthen the sport of power boat racing, the American Power Boat Association (APBA) invited representatives from the Offshore Performance Association (OPA), Offshore Super Series (OSS), Pacific Offshore Powerboat Racing Association (POPRA), and P1 USA Offshore Racing to discuss the future of Offshore racing.
    A day-long meeting took place on December 5, 2009 at APBA Headquarters in Eastpointe, MI. Representatives from OSS, POPRA, and P1 USA participated; no one from OPA was able to attend. APBA was represented by President Mark Weber, Vice President Mark Wheeler, Secretary Jean MacKay-Schwartz, Treasurer Laurie Allen and Executive Director Gloria Urbin.
    President Weber emphasized that APBA is no longer leasing the Offshore category, and will not lease Offshore in the future. Weber made it clear that APBA stands ready to work with groups to sanction Offshore races. Anyone with questions concerning APBA and Offshore racing should contact APBA Headquarters in Eastpointe at 586-773-9700 or apbahq@apba-racing.com.
    It was not the goal of the December 5 meeting to make formal agreements among those in attendance. No agreements were proposed, or reached. All participants concur that continued discussions will take place, with the goal of enhancing Offshore racing within the United States.
    Hey Rich, neither Smitty or I received a call or e-mail inviting OPA to this meeting. I have a call out to Gloria and Mark at APBA as of today. Will keep you up to date!
    .......Augie Pensa.......

The Godfather

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AugiePensa View Post
    Hey Rich, neither Smitty or I received a call or e-mail inviting OPA to this meeting. I have a call out to Gloria and Mark at APBA as of today. Will keep you up to date!
    That's interesting.............

Thanks for the update.

T2x
    Allergic to Nonsense

6. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    hey Augie how are you feeling? great i hope,,, i have a question,,,are you positive knowone called?
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

7. Collapse Details

Sorry Augie...I find that hard to believe too. You guys (Smitty especially) knew there was a meeting coming up. If you really wanted to go, Im sure you would have reached out to someone to get the specifics. Besides...what input could you possibly have? Smitty's been carrying the ball. you dont even come to the races and support the organization in which you supposedly have a vested interest in. Sorry for lashing out, but Im tired of all the BS excuses.
    Last edited by SVL66; 12-10-2009 at 06:17 AM.

8. Collapse Details

Competitor
    I think your right George if it was that easy we could do that ourselves. Lol

9. Collapse Details

Smitty received a call a day prior to the meeting per our conversation yesterday and couldn't make the trip. Mark said he thought they called, Smitty said no call back on his phone and no e-mail. As for me I was back in the hospital that week but Mark now has all my info. Bruce, it's only BS if you look for something that ain't there. You have no idea how much I've supported OPA from a bed but then again it's none of your business what I do now is it? Your an angry little man and I pray you never have by-passes or get sick. God Bless you Bruce. George, Thank You for your well wishes always. Hope all is well with you and your family. Rich, that's the best I can do till Smitty and Louie get back from Florida. Had a great conversation with Mark from APBA, nice guy.
    Last edited by AugiePensa; 12-10-2009 at 09:39 AM.
    .......Augie Pensa.......

The Godfather

10. Collapse Details

Bruce,

Just for your info. Augie was a big part of making the Harrison Twp race happen. Not only with much needed advice, but he also designed, aquired and paid for the trophies. That alone is more than most have done for this sport.

11. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Augie,

Good to see your felling better and up and around. Keep us informed on how Louie and Smitty make out.

12. Collapse Details

Smitty received a call a day prior to the meeting per our conversation yesterday and couldn't make the trip. Mark said he thought they called, Smitty said no call back on his phone and no e-mail. As for me I was back in the hospital that week but Mark now has all my info. Bruce, it's only BS if you look for something that ain't there. You have no idea how much I've supported OPA from a bed but then again it's none of your business what I do now is it? Your an angry little man and I pray you never have by-passes or get sick. God Bless you Bruce. George, Thank You for your well wishes always. Hope all is well with you and your family. Rich, that's the best I can do till Smitty and Louie get back from Florida. Had a great conversation with Mark from APBA, nice guy.
    Hang tough Augie. Hope you are feeling well and wish you and your family all the best for the holidays. Dave
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the
    American Military. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

13. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Augie:

I am glad you are feeling better.....

Darren and I wish you and your family Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year.

See you at the races soon.

Rich
    Allergic to Nonsense

14. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Every Org. new about the meeting and what it was about a month ago. Lets not use the I didnt get a invatation excusse. Some just plain didnt want to go. If a Org didnt know about this meeting then they must be so far out of the loop of unification of our sport. Its truley a shame. And do you know who gets the shaft again. You got it, us racer's and fans. Back to small classes 18 word champs and checkard flags for everyone at every race.
    MD

15. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Randy,

Keep us informed and update us to the progress you make with APBA. Be interesting to see if they going to come out with a rule book and the classes they r interested in racing. Hopefully the wheels will keep rolling.

16. Collapse Details

Competitor
    With the SBI 2010 schedule out now is the time to see what joint races will work and not over laping scehdule.

17. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    Miami and Biloxi are already overlapped not a good start......
    Ryan Beckley

18. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Does OSS have a schedule out yet??
    Hopefully someone from OSS will take the time to look at the SBI schedule. I know Smitty and John have faxed schedules back and forth the last few weeks just so things like that dont happen. As of today John hasnt heard from anyone from OSS about schedules.

19. Collapse Details

The Biloxi website has had the date on it for awhile now. The run a very tight program there and have had the date for awhile now.
    Ryan Beckley

20. Collapse Details

I was under the impression that Mike Mares and JC had spoken since KW and had some from of communication going.....
    Ryan Beckley