Thread: my new motor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bajabob 600 View Post
    ha jeff thanks i did tolk to bob we talk on phone a lot and he was a busy man he was hooking me up with a cam i don t no wt happen???? Mt buddy that races a 38 foot foutian hook me up with this guy . I am at the piont that i just want to get out of boating
    my offer stands !!!!!!

2. Collapse Details

ha jeff thanks i did tolk to bob we talk on phone a lot and he was a busy man he waS HOOKING ME UP WITH A CAM I DON T NO WT HAPPEN???? MT BUDDY THAT RACES A 38 FOOT FOUTIAN HOOK ME UP WITH THIS GUY . I AM AT THE PIONT THAT I JUST WANT TO GET OUT OF BOATING
    Hey, do not get discouraged. I have had the engine out of my boat 4 or 5 times. Getting ready to do it again to work on the transom. I emailed Bob a couple of days ago. He remembered talking to you. Somthing must have made him nervous about your project. He gives the best service and advice I have ever found. Reminds me of the way I do business. Hard to find anymore. If it were my project I would want it set up the way I was going to use it. Not a Drag Car engine in a boat. If you were going to race it every weekend and had a Drive rated for 1000+ HP that would be different. Do you do any of the work yourself? You have the engine out of the boat. I would pull the heads and put them on the "Swap Shop" somone may trade you a set that you need. After that I would get a custom grind to match your setup.

3. Collapse Details

Registered
    Are you sure that last dyno sheet is for your motor? If you page to the bottom it says it has a 4.030 bore, 3.385 stroke, 5.7 rods and 12.7 to 1 compression ratio. Sounds more like a small block. It is not a 540. Perhaps the data on the bottom of the sheet is not for your engine, but then I would question if the data at the top is.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer View Post
    Are you sure that last dyno sheet is for your motor? If you page to the bottom it says it has a 4.030 bore, 3.385 stroke, 5.7 rods and 12.7 to 1 compression ratio. Sounds more like a small block. It is not a 540. Perhaps the data on the bottom of the sheet is not for your engine, but then I would question if the data at the top is.
    The dyno operator didn't fill in the engine spec. sheet for that engine, he made a pull on a other engine file, no big deal. But if you are going to give a dyno sheet to a customer, it better be filled out correctly. I would like to see the TEST CONDITIONS, weather/ correction factor.

5. Collapse Details

I might be willing to trade a set of ported Iron Eagles for the pro 1's I am going blown next season and would like to go to aluminum heads.

6. Collapse Details

MERPerformance can you look at this pull he run this one with 98jets in the carb . i beleave the dyno brake look like he trun a dail handle as he gave it throtle
    I looked at the dyno sheet. Is the engine still on the dyno? Whats the deal with the operator? 1st sheet shows peak torque @ 5500, now you show us a sheet @ 4800 peak torque. As I stated before, take the engine up to 6200 load the engine stabilize it load it on nice clean sweep down to 2500 rpms. The test showing 4800 rpms peak torque makes sense. I feel the peak torque rpm isn't going to come down any lower. I just don't understand why the sheet doesn't read below 4800 rpms.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trim'd Up View Post
    I might be willing to trade a set of ported Iron Eagles for the pro 1's I am going blown next season and would like to go to aluminum heads.
    Do you want a new 8-71 BDS polished tall deck, belt, pulley, superchiller? Great deal.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MERPerformance View Post
    Do you want a new 8-71 BDS polished tall deck, belt, pulley, superchiller? Great deal.
    Possibly, I would need to get a new intake or have it machined for a short deck. PM me a price.

9. Collapse Details

I AM AT THE PIONT THAT I JUST WANT TO GET OUT OF BOATING
    I don't think that you have that bad of a setup. The cam does not look that bad, and the heads are big but that does not mean they are bad. My best friend is running a 540 with THE 741 cam and Edelbrock heads. His dyno #'s were 630HP @ 5850 and his 24 Baja just breaks low 80's. We can all judge and tell you what we think about the "Dyno" numbers but the only true dyno is in your boat and running it. As I stated earlier lightest and best conditions prop it to 6000. The boat is gonna fly, enjoy it.

I was told when dynoing different cams for the raceboat the cam that made the most power on the dyno was actually slower in the boat, and the cam with the second best #'s ran the fastest. So take the dyno as a referral and when it is in the boat you are still going to have to tune a little more.

10. Collapse Details

The dyno operator didn't fill in the engine spec. sheet for that engine, he made a pull on a other engine file, no big deal. But if you are going to give a dyno sheet to a customer, it better be filled out correctly. I would like to see the TEST CONDITIONS, weather/ correction factor.
    you are rigth he did some pull when i was there it was 70degree out nice day here a video i took with my camera.he did about 7pulls that day he try 3 kinds of spacers that go under the carb . i was amaze when i touch the spacer it was like a ice cube it was very cold.the spacer with the 4holes was the best
    Attached Files Attached Files

11. Collapse Details

If he's not interested in the intake please let me know the price on the intake. water passages on mine need some cleaning up so I might just buy a new one if the price is right.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    If he's not interested in the intake please let me know the price on the intake. water passages on mine need some cleaning up so I might just buy a new one if the price is right.
    What I can do is sell you the BDS intake at the same price I would buy a std deck polished from the blower shop and both of you would have what you need andI can move this off my list. I buy at OEM so the deal would be at my cost.

13. Collapse Details

Mer, can you PM me the price please!

14. Collapse Details

you guys are rigth . the heads are to big. last summer i had problems with the springs i change them and the boat ran good . 1 was runnig 80 to 85mph depening on the weather i ran 5500 and all was good good pickup and top end was good
    what rpm what prop, my old 509 made 600hp at 5100 and made 670hp at 6000 then fell off . tq was at 4800 637.

15. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AIR TIME View Post
    what rpm what prop, my old 509 made 600hp at 5100 and made 670hp at 6000 then fell off . tq was at 4800 637.
    Sounds like my engine on 93 !!!!!

@ 6000 made 666 HP ( devil# ) and 642 tg @ 5000 ! LOL

Its in the classifieds !!!!!!!

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AIR TIME View Post
    wt up air time ? iam installing my motor next week and putinig a better radio and speakers . i have to wait till spring to test my boat april . i will post how the boat runs thanks for everybodys input