spyder cool glad you bought it, I talked to the guy who was selling it a while ago. glad you got the konrad ace, hey talk to biggus or MGD motor builders, they did a stepped hull with the ace drive with the bullit lower and both guys said to start at 3'' prop shaft height which I think is 17 1/2'' x. cause the step hull they used a spacer so it was set at 3 1/2'' prop shaft then they pulled spacer and picked up 7mph more,. so I am starting at 3'' on the 28saber if I had a stepped hull I would start at 2'' or a notch. I am just waiting for my motor which should be done this month or I will be paying rent for a garage with nothing to do. I wanted to start mine in nov, but I can only rent the unit until march cause april they have a new guy long lease coming in which means I loose 800 bucks and will be working outside in april. so I hope they get it done cause march 1st I will visit the shop and if its in pieces its coming with me and I GOT A LOCAL GUY that will do it in 2weeks he is slow until april does a lot of head work machine work but is a old friend and knows I been waiting and running out of time.theres so many good builders out there I will most likely stay with in driving distance theres two dynos with in 15mins of my house ones my old builder who took to long on the last 3 builds I used him and was upset I WENT ELSE WHERE.BUT IF A BUILDER IS GOOD IT TAKES LONGER haha. and if mine is perfect then in the fall I will send out my na 509 for work or just buy parts that motor has 20hrs but has sat for 3 1/2yrs. the konrad looks the balls I have 3 props to start with 26b1 labbed/30 px5 labbed / 32 b1 labbed . I hope to break a 100mph since my new hull is about 5000lbs rigged. and if its done by april complete I will have a sponsor for a few races if its not done the money will go to stock car,bikes. so he wants to see a complete boat running he wanted to see it in march but we got to much workto rig. keep us posted