Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Perlmudder View Post
    Didn't you also have a 26 spyder you were working on? What ever happened with that project? I remember you doing a really cool carbon fiber dash!
    Still working on that project, I kinda switched priorities when I ran across the Squadron...
    I wanted one boat that would be worth the extra effort when I was done with it... And I wanted to run a little faster than the Spyder would be capable of...
    I still have some cool ideas for the Spyder when I get back to it...

2. Collapse Details

Registered
    Is it a 27 or a 24? I see in the fine print of the XII ad in pic 1 post 1 says they were available in both lengths. I wonder what the production quantity across both CRT and XEX, and both 27 and 24 are?

3. Collapse Details

Mine is the 27, the 27 and 24 were identical except for the lengths.
    According to my HIN and what I have been told I have #18 of the 27s and it is supposed to be the last 27 ever built. I do not know the production #s of the 24s...
    Out of the 18 27s built I have located or seen pics of about 6 or 7 others. Who knows how many still exist....

4. Collapse Details

This is how it looked about five years ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CigHawk.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor glassdave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutphil View Post
    any idea as to why the deck was cut off like it was? They really did a number with a sawzall on that thing.
    Throttles- Cleveland Construction/Traffic Light Racing 377 Talon cat

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sutphil View Post
    Yeah, I have seen those pics before... Too bad they killed it and left it to rot...

Quote Originally Posted by glassdave View Post
    any idea as to why the deck was cut off like it was? They really did a number with a sawzall on that thing.
    My only guess is someone was going to use it as a plug and make molds while they had it in their possession...
    They could have spent a few more hours and separated it correctly though...

I will say Cigarette did a hell of a job tabbing everything together! The hull to deck joint & bulkheads were completely tabbed as well as the cockpit sole/liner to the stringers inside and out. they went through some pretty small holes with a long reach to get it all tabbed!

7. Collapse Details

Great thread!! That loooks like alot of work......... Been there and still there............. Keep up with the pics...
    Jr.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by glassdave View Post
    No idea, was interestred in looking at the boat back then (it was about 5 miles from home) as it was complete with bbc and speedmaster, but it was bought by an OSO member and went to the States. I believe the same guy sold it to Spyder.

9. Collapse Details

Great thread and nice work, keep it up and the pics coming. Love this stuff.

10. Collapse Details

Registered
    ------I was very close to this boat for a short time. Two guys, one from Fl. and one from Wi. (partners) owned the boat sometime after it came from Canada. They got taken by a husband and wife team of scam artists out of southeast Mi. near me. I got scammed by them too but for far less "$". And even they probably got off easy as it is heavily rumored that others got taken for millions. The trailer got stolen by the perps but I managed to get the trailer back for the rightful owners. I wasnt able to track down any of the missing drivetrain as they had already sold the missing stuff off, I think. As far as the deck goes, I dont have a good answer either, but the scammers had some very untalented help and I honestly think someone that worked for them was told to take the deck off and in a totally unsupervised moment sawzalled the deck and the hull apart right down the seam. Unbelieveable!!! .........Bill s

11. Collapse Details

Excellent boat pick for the project! Way to dig into it as well.
    My vote would be for the classic graffics only because they are timeless. I would lean towards left choice of the first three. Some of the newer graffics look great for a while then can date the boat later. I think you are on the right track with something in between.
    Keep the updates coming!

12. Collapse Details

Well at least it's only FRP and everything can be fixed!!!!

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by olredalert View Post
    ------I was very close to this boat for a short time. Two guys, one from Fl. and one from Wi. (partners) owned the boat sometime after it came from Canada. They got taken by a husband and wife team of scam artists out of southeast Mi. near me. I got scammed by them too but for far less "$". And even they probably got off easy as it is heavily rumored that others got taken for millions. The trailer got stolen by the perps but I managed to get the trailer back for the rightful owners. I wasnt able to track down any of the missing drivetrain as they had already sold the missing stuff off, I think.
    That is basically what I have heard. Too bad a lot of boaters were ripped off...
    ------As far as the deck goes, I dont have a good answer either, but the scammers had some very untalented help and I honestly think someone that worked for them was told to take the deck off and in a totally unsupervised moment sawzalled the deck and the hull apart right down the seam. Unbelieveable!!! .........Bill s
    That may be a good explanation as well, the way it was cut is definitely not professional!

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo36 View Post
    Well at least it's only FRP and everything can be fixed!!!!
    Absolutely true! It will be better than new when I get done, ready for many more years of pounding!

14. Collapse Details

Check out his website, he has done fantastic work!!! He will have a very nice and tastfull boat, that will haul ass when he is done.

15. Collapse Details

Wow spyder great project very cool to see!

16. Collapse Details

------I was very close to this boat for a short time. Two guys, one from Fl. and one from Wi. (partners) owned the boat sometime after it came from Canada. They got taken by a husband and wife team of scam artists out of southeast Mi. near me. I got scammed by them too but for far less "$". And even they probably got off easy as it is heavily rumored that others got taken for millions. The trailer got stolen by the perps but I managed to get the trailer back for the rightful owners. I wasnt able to track down any of the missing drivetrain as they had already sold the missing stuff off, I think. As far as the deck goes, I dont have a good answer either, but the scammers had some very untalented help and I honestly think someone that worked for them was told to take the deck off and in a totally unsupervised moment sawzalled the deck and the hull apart right down the seam. Unbelieveable!!! .........Bill s
    Bill, I wonder who that husban & wife team were. It must be the water up in Algonac. I saw her up at Ed's place too.

17. Collapse Details

Waterford Mi., Lk. St. Clair and Lk. Erie
    Who were they? Enquiring minds want to know. Great project by the way.
    Big boats rule!

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Spyder View Post
    We have been playing with paint schemes..
    I still want to keep the lines classic, but a little modern colors may not hurt either.

These were done quickly the other night and will be refined more.
    I am sure I will also have some clean sheet ideas as well..

Hard to tell in the pics but the bottom will be gloss black,
    The sides are hot rod black and the deck is silver.
    Graphic colors will are still open.

Feel free to give input on the designs! (No comments on the hot rod black though!)

There also seems to be some controversy as to whether this is a Cigarette or a Squadron. The info I have shows this particular hull to have come from the Cig factory. I also have ad copies showing the manufacturer as Cig and the model as Squadron XII. The next set of graphics you see will have more Squadron flair to them...

well i think you are doing great work so far, I would say go with the first graphic, kinda looks familar

19. Collapse Details

L@@king g@@d !!!!!!

20. Collapse Details
    2010 Cig 20 Regatta
    This posted by Mike Baldwin (Michigan)...It would be cool if you could get the Squadron done by then!

We are starting to plan our 6th annual 20 foot Cig Regatta much earlier this year in hopes that we get reservations in and get more of those 20s we see on OSO you guys have spent a lot of money and time we would like to see them.

The plan for 2010 is go to the Lake of the Ozarks we will be doing our runs on Sep 18 with possible some evens on the 17th. I have some rooms reserved at Toadcove resort they gave a great group rate it is a first class place they also have slips for us, you can check it out at www.toadcove.com their phone is 573-365-5620 to make reservations. But before you make res. please give me a call Mike at 734-231 5845 so I can give you our group number and more info. also I can keep a head count in case we need more rooms. Rocky and I plan on going down on the 13th if any one cares to join us and do a little boating feel free. I will also try to keep you informed thru out the summer on how the even is comeing along we have five 20s signed up already this is going to be the best yet.

PS I hope to get some of the Donzi group to come also they have really made it a lot fun for us over the years, thanks!
    Warning: There will be no warning shots.