Thread: Good job GM!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    Mini hi-jack:

I've been meaning to ask about brakes. I have 70K on a 06 F350 SRW 6.0 diesel. Tow 9K LBS about 100 miles a year, other than that just normal driving, little stop/go on the 18 mile drive to work, etc. I know it varies but what is normal time to have the brakes done? I always thought it was like 60K miles or some thing but never had a vehicle this long so really don't know. It drives fine, just don't want to press my luck and every time I've had the local lube joint check them, they say they are fine. New tires at 60K, other than that 0 issues.
    My 03 2500 GMC got its first brake job at 135K miles....pads and turned rotors. They were still ok but I was changing a wheel bearing anyway so why not do the brakes while it was all apart. The 135K miles probably had 10,000 miles of towing, the rest was a mix of mostly city/light on hwy miles.

2. Collapse Details

Banana Bend, Texas 29 50 49.84N, 95 05 17.46W
    Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    Mini hi-jack:

I've been meaning to ask about brakes. I have 70K on a 06 F350 SRW 6.0 diesel. Tow 9K LBS about 100 miles a year, other than that just normal driving, little stop/go on the 18 mile drive to work, etc. I know it varies but what is normal time to have the brakes done? I always thought it was like 60K miles or some thing but never had a vehicle this long so really don't know. It drives fine, just don't want to press my luck and every time I've had the local lube joint check them, they say they are fine. New tires at 60K, other than that 0 issues.
    I just had my brakes checked at 100k miles, it's likely that I will get another 40-50k miles out of the original pads.

Whenever I have my tires rotated I take a quick look at all the pads, if there is less than 3/16 material. I would be looking to get them replaced
    Mark
    Everybody should believe in something; I believe I'll have another drink.

3. Collapse Details

out here in the snow and salt pads will out last rotors 3 to 1.front and rear rotors at 40K!!!!Pads where like new but still had to change them from rust.