Thread: Raising the X

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Jeff , pretty much looks like your ready to hit the water and have some fun .
    It looks better from the back. I am still working on the scoops, I had to order more gel and I hope to have them finished soon. You know how I am they have to be perfect without a wave or flaw.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jeffswav View Post
    It looks better from the back. I am still working on the scoops, I had to order more gel and I hope to have them finished soon. You know how I am they have to be perfect without a wave or flaw.
    Jeff thats fine and nothing wrong with that .

3. Collapse Details

May I have a drum roll please...... Here are the long awaited results, 94 ish degrees high humidity and 74MPH on the GPS. That is a solid 5+ MPH gain with the +3 x dim. I did this with my 25 Mirage plus Lab finished double cupped prop at 5200 RPM. Still working on seting up the Ram Air, that might have to wait a while. The boat handled better, took the waves better and planed off good with the RPM below 3000 RPM.
    Last edited by jeffswav; 05-24-2010 at 11:47 AM.

4. Collapse Details

May I have a drum roll please...... Here are the long awaited results, 94 ish degrees high humidity and 74MPH on the GPS. That is a solid 5+ MPH gain with the +3 x dim. I did this with my Mirage plus Lab finished double cupped prop at 5200 RPM. Still working on seting up the Ram Air, that might have to wait a while. The boat handled better, took the waves better and planed off good with the RPM below 3000 RPM.
    Yea Baby not bad for a little work hey. Jeff , i guess the million dollar question is......... are you happy and if so who cares what anybody else thinks .

5. Collapse Details

Yea Baby not bad for a little work hey. Jeff , i guess the million dollar question is......... are you happy and if so who cares what anybody else thinks .
    Artie.... That is so funny.... That is what my wife and a couple of my buddys ask me. I think that is a respectable gain for a little hard work. My wife was a little nervous at first but the boat was very stable with much less trim to get max speed. I think "80" is my next goal, the Ram Air may get me 1 or 2 more.

6. Collapse Details

jeff thats great 74mph . so it was worth all that work .nice jop. i took mine out did 76.7mph me and my buddy 100gallons of fuel .if i lose 50 gallons of fuel she will hit 80mph . my x is stock

7. Collapse Details

Thanks, I highly recomend raising the drive. Speed and stability a win win.

8. Collapse Details

if i put a shorty drive on it would that do the same thing??????

9. Collapse Details

Yes, only -2 is the shortest with a standard Bravo. That would still be a big help.

10. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    The shorty's benefit can be diminished if the drive is low in a stock position.. The gear housings get fat near the top where they meet the upper housing .. If that fat part is getting drug through the water it slows the boat down.

11. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

12. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Thanks, I highly recomend raising the drive. Speed and stability a win win.
    Just wondering. Have you had a chance to try some different propellers?

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Just wondering. Have you had a chance to try some different propellers?
    No, I have not. The boat is very stable, no chine walk and planes off well. The prop slip is under 10% so I have not tried anything else. When the timing works out I have friends that I can swap props with, I am going to try a bravo and a hydro. I will be testing the Ram Air tomorrow, I will post the results on the other thread.

14. Collapse Details

Jeff , you know that if you ever decide that you just might want a bigger boat you will have a hell of a time ever parting with the one you have now for the pure fact you have so much sweat and time involved working on her .

15. Collapse Details

Jeff , you know that if you ever decide that you just might want a bigger boat you will have a hell of a time ever parting with the one you have now for the pure fact you have so much sweat and time involved working on her .
    Artie, it is a true labor of love. I may have this boat forever. But I am sure I will have other boats, maybe a houseboat. My wife says the boat is fast enough, well maybe for now. It is much more fun to drive and very few boats are faster than me. At least were I boat at. I have shocked a bunch of people this year including a bunch of bass boats. I can hit waves a lot harder and it hits very flat and smooth.

16. Collapse Details

OK, here is a project update. I installed the Ram Air and ran it today. It was very hot and humid, very high heat index. I would say the ram air is about a 2MPH upgrade and the 3" raised x about a 4MPH upgrade. I ran about the same speed today (considering the temps) as I ran with the hatch and air cleaner off on the test runs. I will do a dupicate post on the Ram Air thread.