Thread: HTM engine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    sterling, my suggestion would be to put the big power in a bigger boat than a 24. Adding all that power and the weight of a SSM in 24 is not the best choice IMO. A 30' something would appreciate big power more and accommodate the weight better.

Whether or not a race motor will keep your " fun meter pegged" in pleasure use is another discussion.

2. Collapse Details

Its for fun only ,If I go for real big power I will bring compression back ,and add a 5 liter whipple or a big PSI blower,or even twin turbo,s and run 1300 hp or so,maybe I will do that ,I have a family boat to take the wife and kid ,so a little fun is nice ,the yellow cat is the fun boat for now ,MickeyFin ,the twin turbo on the pic is the BPM ,in its K jetronic form ,we are busy to switch to EFI technology and put is on the dyno to write the propgramm,and then install in the 23 ft V bottem ( 1000 LBS hull only)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 041verkl.jpg   bpm_kl_197.jpg  bpm k jetr conv to EFI technology.jpg   BPMVulcano450T.jpg image from black tornado.jpg  

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Do you have more toys you can post?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Do you have more toys you can post?
    Thanks ,I don,t have picture,s from all the toys,but I have a pic when we just received our 23 ft V bottem when it was just ready ( bare hull )
    The BPM twin turbo is the engine for this boat, drive is a brand new # 5 with a crash box ,the other pic is my Scarab 31 Viper that I converted to outboards last winter ,the whole boat is been redone ,I am going to sell this boat because I don,t use it .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 024.jpg verkl.jpg   raff_sup_kl_224.jpg raffshore 23.jpg  

5. Collapse Details

Nice project! But HTMs a pretty scary with Mild power from what I have seen.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Could you explain that ? I have a 496 HO for power now ,I assume thats mild power ?
    I will start a new thread in the following days as the HTM is just been painted

Thx A.J

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I say Bullsh--, alot of them out there with big hp.