Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    KW 2009,,,,who is in for this BIG PARTY
    Banned
    Team DareDevil will be ready and not just for the start this time.
    Lots of work going into the boat right now and planing on the title !!!!!!!!!

Come on u smack talkers,,lets hear it.....but u got to know i can take it ,,if u want to now why,,,well ,,,because i am ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROCK ON

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I won't be racing there, but I'll be watching.

I heard your boat was so slow that the Coast Guard slowed down alongside of you during the race to see if you needed a tow......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    I won't be racing there, but I'll be watching.

I heard your boat was so slow that the Coast Guard slowed down alongside of you during the race to see if you needed a tow......
    It was ,,,,,,but i told them i am fine better go help the National Guard and Trent ( TNT ) .

But lets get to KW,,,,,testing for KW is max limit.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DAREDEVIL View Post
    It was ,,,,,,but i told them i am fine better go help the National Guard and Trent ( TNT ) .

they were searching for immigrants...
    Offshore Racing wasn´t designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

5. Collapse Details

Why would they have to get Trent?? We have finished more races than you have started When we dont finish a race its by choice, we had nothing to gain by staying out there.

6. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rchevelle71 View Post
    we had nothing to gain by staying out there.
    Now think about that line right there. And tell me ...did i ,,,,@ most of the races i did not finish?????mmmmhhhhh

Also ,,ask Trent who he thinks should have gotten 1st place in Marathon last year ????? HE knows.

7. Collapse Details

Banned
    Anyhow,,,,this is about KW...HOW IS COMING ???????????

P4-30 is in !!!!!

8. Collapse Details

Now think about that line right there. And tell me ...did i ,,,,@ most of the races i did not finish?????mmmmhhhhh

Also ,,ask Trent who he thinks should have gotten 1st place in Marathon last year ????? HE knows.

I wasnt at ALL of those races, so I dont know the details, but you are correct at Clearwater, you had nothing to gain by staying out there, sure, we may have broke somethig(not likely). YES, you did get our 3rd place plaque, we dont need any more, have plenty of firsts, including the ONLY triple crown ever given out, but you didnt know it was coming until AFTER the race when you found out our laps didnt count. Which year at Marrathon, do you mean the one I wasnt at, and we had some other screwball counting laps for him??? or the one you ran the extra laps?? Oh yeah, we werent there to beat you at the one you ran the extra laps.

OK, Back to Key West....

I DO NOT KNOW if we will have the $$ to run Key West, but if we do just remember your equipment needs to last 3 days, if I remeber correctly, SUNDAY is double points so save your boat for Sunday. I know the Fountain will make it 3 races, not sure about everyone else??

9. Collapse Details

Banned
    I wasnt at ALL of those races, so I dont know the details, but you are correct at Clearwater, you had nothing to gain by staying out there, sure, we may have broke somethig(not likely). YES, you did get our 3rd place plaque, we dont need any more, have plenty of firsts, including the ONLY triple crown ever given out, but you didnt know it was coming until AFTER the race when you found out our laps didnt count. Which year at Marrathon, do you mean the one I wasnt at, and we had some other screwball counting laps for him??? or the one you ran the extra laps?? Oh yeah, we werent there to beat you at the one you ran the extra laps.

OK, Back to Key West....

I DO NOT KNOW if we will have the $$ to run Key West, but if we do just remember your equipment needs to last 3 days, if I remeber correctly, SUNDAY is double points so save your boat for Sunday. I know the Fountain will make it 3 races, not sure about everyone else??

I was revering to most of the 08 season,,since i ran by my self.
    Also the Marathon race ,,,yes the one with the guy that really counts.LOL

Like i said,,don't worry about me,,worry about Trent.

10. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Speaking of which. Why if you earned the "1" designation and have that on your boat, are you still "30". Is that the way it stays and if you don't win the championship this year the 30 goes back on your boat?
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

11. Collapse Details

Banned
    Speaking of which. Why if you earned the "1" designation and have that on your boat, are you still "30". Is that the way it stays and if you don't win the championship this year the 30 goes back on your boat?
    The #1 is given to the NATIONAL CHAMPION,,,,so i take my 30 back,,i could have #2 but i like my number,,,so simmons can now put the #1 on there.

12. Collapse Details

The new "1" debuts at the worlds... I would assume Simmons is the new P4-1.

13. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean H View Post
    The new "1" debuts at the worlds... I would assume Simmons is the new P4-1.
    Thats what i just said. LOL

14. Collapse Details

The only thing I have to worry about with Trent is how can we pay for all this, Sponsorship is our #1 goal. I know the boat, and Trent and Scotts abilities, no need to worry there. In my eyes our boats (Trents and yours) are both good P-4 boats, the chicken is overpowered for P-4(although the boat and crew can handle it), and Simmons is out of there class, unfortunately there is no P-3 for them so we welcome them, We both know what it feels like to race yourself, or maybe just 1 other boat, no fun.

Back when I raced P-5 with ScottB in the 24 Pantera we were outsized by many boats also, and somehow ScottB pulled it off, but we were much younger and crazier then(well, I must have been mature then also, since I told Scott to put someone else in the boat and I would crew from the sidelines). Sure, we could put some crazy power in Trents Boat, and get yours reliable, but then we all might as well move to P-3 and eliminate P-4, but then there would be a P-2 boat that wanted to race with us

WHATS NEXT

15. Collapse Details

The only thing I have to worry about with Trent is how can we pay for all this, Sponsorship is our #1 goal. I know the boat, and Trent and Scotts abilities, no need to worry there. In my eyes our boats (Trents and yours) are both good P-4 boats, the chicken is overpowered for P-4(although the boat and crew can handle it), and Simmons is out of there class, unfortunately there is no P-3 for them so we welcome them, We both know what it feels like to race yourself, or maybe just 1 other boat, no fun.

Back when I raced P-5 with ScottB in the 24 Pantera we were outsized by many boats also, and somehow ScottB pulled it off, but we were much younger and crazier then(well, I must have been mature then also, since I told Scott to put someone else in the boat and I would crew from the sidelines). Sure, we could put some crazy power in Trents Boat, and get yours reliable, but then we all might as well move to P-3 and eliminate P-4, but then there would be a P-2 boat that wanted to race with us

WHATS NEXT
    I dont think simmons is out of their class. I think they are classed coreectly. They are a 34 with T500s. capable of 92 at best. I can barely hit 92 on my best day. You single engine open boats either need to power down or man up. I know how tough it is against larger twin engine boats with a roof over my head. It must be twice as challenging for you. trying to bump them up is not the answer.

16. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Some times you have to race smarter instead of faster to win, Simmon and any other boat can be beat on any given day.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Some times you have to race smarter instead of faster to win, Simmon and any other boat can be beat on any given day.
    I agree...some people just dont get it.

18. Collapse Details

Rick,

I appreciate you standing up for us, thats why we are who we are. But let it go, if someone has to make themselves feel better by throwing the biggest mistake of my racing career up in our face then so be it. Hell hes lucky we did screw up, we were a straightaway from lapping him, so in the end, he knows who the dominant boat was that day, but the results put us were we belonged due to my screwup. On top of it a finer team couldnt have been declared the winner after all the hard work and effort they put into their program, they deserved it.

You will never win a discussion with a know-it-all, so dont waste your breath. The goodie box arrived about a half hour ago and we need to figure out how to make her handle. As I said in another post, we are going F2 and Chicken hunting, not really too worried about any other blow-hard that has the ability to tell us how great he is, but in two years has yet the ability to back it up where it counts. Maybe he should worry about his program of putting a competitive product out on the race course instead of telling me about his balls in my wife's mouth. As good of a person that I think he is in person, its a shame that he acts the way he does on the boards. All it does is trump, how good a person he can be. Move on Rick, we have bigger fish to fry.

The money is there to be able to do Key West currently, now we have to decide whether or not it is in the best interest to go. The money is there due to CBS broadcasting the event and to date I have only heard in a drivers meeting that it will happen. When I am able to obtain it in writing or see it on the CBS website again, then its a go.

Trent
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Yes I agree totally with you as I proved that point in 07 by winning a race by 7seconds, but having a 2.4 mph slower top speed than the second place boat. (similar size and hp competition)

But I ask your honest opinion with you being the former owner of my boat and being the throttleman of the Chicken boat when Dave owned it. What kind of chance do I have in Key West with the Fountain against Simmons and Chicken? As long as I power up and get her to handle somewhat, I feel I wont be embarrassed as much as I was in Clearwater. Yes I pulled off trying to be smart with our equipment with nothing to gain, nothing to lose, but they walked the dog on me and I had enough. If the worlds were in Chattanooga, St Cloud, Reggieville, or any OSS race site, I would have a shot, but I beg of you to tell me that I have a chance to win in P4 with the Fountain in Key West(no matter how smart I am on the course) The key word you used is "Sometimes". Please tell me that applies in our circumstances.

Trent
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

20. Collapse Details

I doubt very much that you'de have a chance against those 2 boats without powering up. Even in flat water, you'de have to trim the chit out of your boat to keep up. You will get hurt or beat up good. I dont see why you cant run a 24 B1 and run in P5.