Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

On the technical side, there is no easy explanation, except for that my boat was built for the F1 class, Jim Simmons was built for F2 we are both in no mans land in between speeds. Going by the old adage of "Build a boat for the class, not a class for the boat" and that P3 is also no longer in existence, this intern forces a F1 to run against a F2 boat. Chicken on the other hand has a boat built for F1 but has replaced the motor and made some other changes to make it a P4 boat. What makes my boat uncompetitive in P4 is anyone that has seen a dyno pull of a 500EFI knows about the torque curve. In the race I had the lead from the start to 78 mph and they caught me and said cya. I crept up to a max speed of 82.4 mph as the race progressed.

I applied to run in P5 due to pulling both rosters, made a spread sheet and with 4 other boats registered have the same hp as my boat(and approx the same length) With my boats documented kilo speeds they said no sandbagging will be allowed and bumped me up. Unfortunately, unless we run at Chattanooga every race you will never see my boat run in the kilo setup and is apples and oranges between my race and kilo setup basically 7-10 mph difference. I am not complaining by any means, just answering your questions Paul as how they deemed my application. I am glad that SBI bumped me up and we had a great shake down and a lot of fun with the gang again. I'm really not all that great at GPS staring so it worked perfect for me and let me do my job instead of computer racing. I would much rather get beat by other racers than have to compete with a computer. Now all I have to go is go out and spend $27 on filters and plugs(oil is already here) and I am ready for Key West.

Side note, DD you had no idea that you finished 3rd until they posted times on the trailer and I explained to you that I didnt exist, so to speak. You crack me up, but then again there are only two ways that you'll ever beat me: 1) get another boat 2)in your dreams.....
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nice Trash Talk, love it...

I still don't have a good answer as to why Trent could not run P5 though. How do they determine? I thought it was strictly maximum speed obtainable based on prop pitch etc. What is the criteria for disallowing his application? Just that in Kilo trim the boat can go 85??????
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    This is the most fun I had all year. A 525 single against a 525 twin in an 85 mph class. 12 laps 20 turns side by side.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7Z0X8886 p2 2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	43079

Name:	IMG_5317 p2.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	43080

I am sure we had more fun than Martin cause we was going as fast as we could.

4. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    This is the most fun I had all year. A 525 single against a 525 twin in an 85 mph class. 12 laps 20 turns side by side.

Name:	7Z0X8886 p2 2.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	43079

Name:	IMG_5317 p2.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	43080

I am sure we had more fun than Martin cause we was going as fast as we could.
    It was fun to watch too......

But from what Trent is saying, Martin would not have been allowed to run that boat in that class at Clearwater?????

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing View Post
    Side note, DD you had no idea that you finished 3rd until they posted times on the trailer and I explained to you that I didnt exist, so to speak. You crack me up, but then again there are only two ways that you'll ever beat me: 1) get another boat 2)in your dreams.....
    You crack me up.

6. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I mean it's like when we ran the Batboat in St Clair and Harrison in P5. All the Batboats were in P6 at 70mph. We ran P5 at 75. Our best test speed was 84 with the boat maxed. Tyler's boat runs over 100 in Kilo trim, but with his testing, chipping, and propping, he runs extremely well in P5 and accelerates tremendously. Makes it very tough to beat him, or even keep up.

I believe to beat him I'd have to build a twin outboard Vee with the 2.5's, or a duoprop Batboat with an all aluminum bigblock......

But, still trying to figure out why Trent was not allowed to run P5. What is the proceedure for the result? Who knows exactly???

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Nice Trash Talk, love it...

I still don't have a good answer as to why Trent could not run P5 though. How do they determine? I thought it was strictly maximum speed obtainable based on prop pitch etc. What is the criteria for disallowing his application? Just that in Kilo trim the boat can go 85??????
    I thought Trent was tight with JC.

8. Collapse Details

Tyler's boat runs over 100 in Kilo trim, but with his testing, chipping, and propping, he runs extremely well in P5 and accelerates tremendously. Makes it very tough to beat him, or even keep up.
    Jenni should have put a skirt on his boat.

9. Collapse Details

Banned
    but then again there are only two ways that you'll ever beat me: 1) get another boat 2)in your dreams.....[/QUOTE]

WE WILL SEE ABOUT THAT.

Ask your wife,,she told me diffrent. HAHA

10. Collapse Details

It was fun to watch too......

But from what Trent is saying, Martin would not have been allowed to run that boat in that class at Clearwater?????
    Exactly!! Global Warming ran in P2(105) on the Production side in Clearwater. SBI is doing away with sandbagging(propping down, etc) They are putting boats in classes by what the boat can do maximum. Will it work. I dunno, but we shall see.

The major disadvantage I have going against me is that my boat is totally documented in the SBI office from the dyno sheet to the kilo records that she holds. No other P class boat has that kind of paper trail.
    www.tntoffshore.com

"El Racing boat es una pasion que se lleva en la sangre"

11. Collapse Details

Exactly!! Global Warming ran in P2(105) on the Production side in Clearwater. SBI is doing away with sandbagging(propping down, etc) They are putting boats in classes by what the boat can do maximum. Will it work. I dunno, but we shall see.
    Great idea. Over powered boats defeat the spirit and purpose of bracket racing.

Trent , Do you have the lap times for Clearwater? I wonder If that 525 boat beat all the other V's on time.

I have been looking for the results to be posted.

12. Collapse Details

13. Collapse Details

The major disadvantage I have going against me is that my boat is totally documented in the SBI office from the dyno sheet to the kilo records that she holds. No other P class boat has that kind of paper trail.
    How fast does it go? What motor? Would you consider SVL? In LOTO we raced at about 90 with an 84.3 average { I think that is what Martin showed me ..not sure}

14. Collapse Details

Thanks Sean.

Good thing Cat Killer doesn't have to race Cat light.

There is no reason why other than some hurt feelings that All those twin V's don't race together power to weight in ONE class.

Than reliability would become an issue and the shootout motors would lose their allure.

15. Collapse Details

You want smack talk?

Neither one of you finished the race. Just finish. Trent says he couldn't win so oh well. Scotti your driver traveled across the Atlantic. You say you didn't want to beat your boat up. I don't get it.

Where is your perseverance?
    Actually We both agreed on that right at the turn bouy when I told the engine is not getting ANY rpmīs like it did in Testing and felt something is **** creek.
    Just after that we probably both looked at the same time at the Trim gauge and was all ??? and called it quits.
    I Didnīt wanīt Scott to MISS KEY WEST because now we know it can be fixed to run again.

Donīt Bash Scott as I was OK. Im used to everything going wrong in RACING since 1983 with the ASA Late Model Firebird I was wrenching then and thereon.

Guys Thatīs Racing that a 1$ part goes out on you.
    I still had a GOOD Vacation thanks to Scott, Petra And Buddy !!!
    I mean Im Hooked 4eva and If itīs up to me well get the DAREDEVIL TEAM up to 2 Boats if we just do some work for it together.

* then we can Sandbag Trent easily You know I of all people in the pits do now about TEAM orders in Racing.
    Iīve been in teams so many times that got beat by them and finally I decided I you canīt win them join them and eek out all the tricks in their books...and still be even friends with them.
    Now Thats Sisu for you...
    Last edited by MikeyFIN; 10-06-2009 at 03:46 PM.
    Offshore Racing wasnīt designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

16. Collapse Details

Well Mika, You are a good sport. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your self while here.

I only commented after he invited the smack talk. Are you going to race with him in Key West?..

Trent now that the results are posted I understand. You got 0 points just like we did in Sarasota.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    DD dnf'd? I thought a Finn assured a finish??
    Well sometimes I takes a FIN to Win..but it has to be Extreme...

That day will come even with Scott If you push us a lilībit here further
    Offshore Racing wasnīt designed to be a spectator sport, it's for people or companies with's lots of money to push the envelope of endurance technology and hopefully put a trophy on a mantle. It's man vs the elements, not like boats with like engines running in circles.

18. Collapse Details

Well Mika, You are a good sport. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your self while here.

I only commented after he invited the smack talk. Are you going to race with him in Key West?..

Trent now that the results are posted I understand. You got 0 points just like we did in Sarasota.
    Well you Know Scotty, heīs almost as bad as me shooting bull...
    No Iīm not Racing as the seat is gone for another Driver and I actually wasnīt sure If can come over, darn Work...
    But Iīm looking into to come just over and do some Wrenching for the boat there so Itīll RUN !!!
    We know the Issues and Scotty has the main parts at home to get it really to kick butt like it has done.
    That boat is Rock solid, you can throw it at any water and it just eats it up considering itīs size.
    I mean it aint a 47...

19. Collapse Details

Nice. I hope to meet you if you make it.

20. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyFIN View Post
    Well you Know Scotty, heīs almost as bad as me shooting bull...
    No Iīm not Racing as the seat is gone for another Driver and I actually wasnīt sure If can come over, darn Work...
    But Iīm looking into to come just over and do some Wrenching for the boat there so Itīll RUN !!!
    We know the Issues and Scotty has the main parts at home to get it really to kick butt like it has done.
    That boat is Rock solid, you can throw it at any water and it just eats it up considering itīs size.
    I mean it aint a 47...
    Thanks Mika,,,but most of them don't even know what an aero-tek is ,,,like i say all the time 41feet in a 32hull..hehe

THE WORLDS ARE MINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!