Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Sting View Post
    Yup i have an 02 that has that problem shifter feels sopps at times. Also when you do it look at this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!pay attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: Look at the over drive wires and make sure they are not frey'd if so fix them ASAP if not it will pop number 25 fuse 15 amp under dash and you wil loss the cluster and your throttle and you have to pull the colum covers down ans move the wires away from the colum so they dont ground out and pop the fuse again. Happend to me couple times.
    -Mike
    This happened on my uncle's 00 350 when i borrowed it once. it was running, but all gauges, & accelerator were dead. Everyone kept telling me i ran it out of gas & would need to get it towed to dealer for fix. kept telling them the damn thing is running! finally called my uncle & he said check the fuses. They noticed a couple times that this would happen but they didnt know why. he later said they found the wires were frey'd in the column & when putting in gear, it could cause them to ground & short. I now know its something to look for when i eventually buy one of those years.

2. Collapse Details

SO Tech Expert: Ford PSD's fixxxer22's Avatar
    Also the fuel heater can short in the fuel filter basin and cause the same concern also
    Now recruiting Mississippi power boaters.

3. Collapse Details

Thanks for the updated posts guys. I did get my issue fixed. It was the two torx bolts that were loose under the column in the shifter mechanism.
    Brian Tillett; Active Thunder Factory Representative
    wwwActiveThunderBoats.com
    brian(a)activethunderboats.com

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Seltzer View Post
    Susan wants a sc 430.
    Just to keep with the updates on this thread, I hear Susan has a new Lexus as well...