Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Tom's fine as long as you don't have him work on your starter out in the ocean...

"Tear gas and draft beer don't mix."

2. Collapse Details

I love it!!!

3. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tomcei View Post
    I love it!!!
    What,,,,that u did not go or the starter thing ???

WE NEED THE WHOLE STORY ON THIS TOM !!!!!!:bigear:

4. Collapse Details

The deal is this. I'm waiting on "hot Dog" to fire that Scarab up so we can rock!

The deal on the "starter". a valuable lesson I learned young Jedi.

I went to visit Sean in Cali. during some company training. He graciously took me out to play in the rolling swells. Had a major blast airing it out. Caught some real good air. (Ran into a sea gull at one point at 65-70mph and blistered it)
    Anyway we landed off of one of the jumps and the engine lost power. Sean popped the hatch and I dove into the bilge to inspect. I really was gun ho about it and started to check all the cables and basic power connections. I turned myself on my back ,head downward, trying to see behind the bell housing and WHAM it hit me! The rolls and my position and looking out of the bilge from that angle and seeing the horizon set me off!
    I got that taste in my mouth that said" Dude your gonna get sick"

It was the same feeling you can get from heavy squats in the gym,

Turns out that Sean spots the coil wire popped off the coil when the bracket moved during the landing. Simple fix and were back running ,but I was still fighting off the crappy feeling of wanting to puke.
    I must have tried 6 or 7 time to make myself toss the cookies but never could. I thought if I could let it fly It would pass and I could reset myself but it never happened.
    Sean Can tell the story better than me. Crazy I tell you, Crazy

5. Collapse Details

Tom, I'm both saddened and disgusted that you had to bring the truth into this discussion. I prefer to make things up as I go
    Last edited by Out There; 09-11-2009 at 10:54 PM. Reason: spelling

6. Collapse Details

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantera572 View Post
    Tom, I'm both saddened and disgusted that you had to bring the truth into this discussion. I prefer to make things up as I go
    LOL

Tom,lets hope we don't lose power when u race with me ,,,hahaha.

7. Collapse Details

love the LS 26 scarab. I am looking for one to buy. I missed on in Cali by a couple lf day. IF anyone knows a boat out there for sale please let me know.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tomcei View Post
    The deal is this. I'm waiting on "hot Dog" to fire that Scarab up so we can rock!

The deal on the "starter". a valuable lesson I learned young Jedi.

I went to visit Sean in Cali. during some company training. He graciously took me out to play in the rolling swells. Had a major blast airing it out. Caught some real good air. (Ran into a sea gull at one point at 65-70mph and blistered it)
    Anyway we landed off of one of the jumps and the engine lost power. Sean popped the hatch and I dove into the bilge to inspect. I really was gun ho about it and started to check all the cables and basic power connections. I turned myself on my back ,head downward, trying to see behind the bell housing and WHAM it hit me! The rolls and my position and looking out of the bilge from that angle and seeing the horizon set me off!
    I got that taste in my mouth that said" Dude your gonna get sick"

It was the same feeling you can get from heavy squats in the gym,

Turns out that Sean spots the coil wire popped off the coil when the bracket moved during the landing. Simple fix and were back running ,but I was still fighting off the crappy feeling of wanting to puke.
    I must have tried 6 or 7 time to make myself toss the cookies but never could. I thought if I could let it fly It would pass and I could reset myself but it never happened.
    Sean Can tell the story better than me. Crazy I tell you, Crazy
    I dont know what you're talking about... That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tides23 View Post
    love the LS 26 scarab. I am looking for one to buy. I missed on in Cali by a couple lf day. IF anyone knows a boat out there for sale please let me know.
    Looks like there is one that was just recently put up in the oso classifieds..

I myself am looking for a nice 28 Saber prefrebly yellow & in need of finishing, let me know if you guys come across anything..

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDcsRodShop View Post
    Looks like there is one that was just recently put up in the oso classifieds..

I myself am looking for a nice 28 Saber prefrebly yellow & in need of finishing, let me know if you guys come across anything..
    I happen to know of a guy in TN that has one, and it's just your color.
    But, the bilge is a mess, it looks like a finely cut gemstone. You'd need to go in there with a hammer and chisel just for some battle scars, and then just some raw glass to make it look like it's holding it all together (even though she's fine),
    just got to give her some street (or WATER) cred. YO... in the house.

Just bustin on you Scott. That bilge is amazing, I can't wait to see the completed package!
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

11. Collapse Details

Yup, you're right Tim... I think he lives in Athens TN. I'm sure he'd let it go cheap, he spends most of his time gluing chinese fenders onto Tauruses...

12. Collapse Details

Actually I use the tiwaniese parts on the taurus & only go with the quality chinese stuff on the high end sables..

Good point Tim I think I will just clear over the dust & go for that look..

So since the thread has been long diverted from its original intention, I will make my attempt at getting it back on track for atleast 1 post ::

Greg has it hit the water yet ?? We need the full report !!! If we don't get it soon I'm coming down & picking up Tom while you are on the road & we're going to see how it runs for ourselves !!

13. Collapse Details

Nothing to report yet. The cam and compression had been changed and it was lean so I sent off the carb to be gone through. Just waiting for a few parts now.....hopefully in water next week some time. When will you hit the water first time?
    I'll probably have it done just in time to put it away for the winter!

14. Collapse Details

"When will you hit the water first time?" Not before you !!

I have said it before & will go ahead & say it again: Hopefully next spring, however if it becomes sea worthy over the winter I will splash it for break-in if It doesnt get it on the dyno first..

Out of couriosity who is doing your carb work ?? is it in Dalonahga ??

15. Collapse Details

BLP in Orlando. Carb was painted before and came back fully set up for the motor with air bleed circuits and looks new out of the box. They were highly recommended and I had to have the carb set up right. Hope it runs as good as it looks!
    I should have looked at your update post first.

16. Collapse Details

Gotcha.. I was asking b/c I've been searching a bit on carb stuff lately..
    I checked out their website & it looks like they do some pretty cool stuff !! Just thought you may have used BG since they are in your back yard..

I have a hunch that somebody may have a healthy hp500..

17. Collapse Details

Matt just sent me an email about a poker run in Chattanooga on Oct 24...

The only pictures on the Hales Bar Marina & Resort website (http://www.halesbarmarina.com/) show a Seadoo jetboat and a fishing boat but the guy posting about it in the other website has a 42 Fountain.
    http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...poker-run.html

You never know, the 28 may be back together by then (nobody should be getting their hopes up though)

18. Collapse Details

I will have to check that out.. Any of you guys that actually have boats that run don't forget the little guy who doesn't.. haha..

I ran a 75 mile endurance race on an unlimited class jet-ski about 12 years ago that was from Halesbay (just south of the bridge) to Ross's landing in downtown Chatt & then back.. There were a few areas that day on Nickajack that kicked up !!

19. Collapse Details

Man, what were you doing up at 2:34?

75 miles is a pretty good little ride on a JetSki... I would much rather pay to fuel that thing (esp 12 years ago) than one of our boats (if they ran).

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by duunoit View Post
    Man, what were you doing up at 2:34?

75 miles is a pretty good little ride on a JetSki... I would much rather pay to fuel that thing (esp 12 years ago) than one of our boats (if they ran).
    Multi tasking.. I was playing not only carb induction mock up man, but computor repair man as well & ofcourse checking on my homies inbetween.. My wife does online schooling so we can't have computor problems..

Yeah the 75 miles was pretty ruff that day.. I think we averaged right at 60mph for the entire race, which may not sound like much but it was motivating considering the water & the times.. Yeah 16 gallons or so of fuel is a little better economy indead, I used to think that those things really sucked some fuel, but I was clueless that say 4-5 mpg at wot was actually good !! lol..