Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Anybody listen to Bubba the Love Sponge?
    I was listening over the internet at work today (on Sirius, he comes on after Stern) and he had a clip on there of somebody ripping some chick from the SEC's ass. I didn't catch the whole thing and can't find the clip. Anybody else hear it and know what I'm talking about?

2. Collapse Details

registered
    I love the show. Been listening for 8 years, he's local to the Tampa market. I didn't hear that particular bit, but a lot of their material is on Itunes, you can try there.

I listen live here:
    www.theboneonline.com

3. Collapse Details

Enjoy him now. He'll likely be gone in a week or so. SiriusXM is about to tank- they're defaulting on a very big chunk of debt and Karmazin isn't on speaking terms with the only guy interested in bailing them out. Paying Stern a hundred mil a year turned out to be not so good an idea.

4. Collapse Details

did stern get an extension? that was a 5 year deal and should be about up.

and isn't a love sponge a birth control thing that was around in the late 80's?? my ex tried it, friggin thing didnt leave much room in there for me, thank god I don't need much room......
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

5. Collapse Details

registered
    Yep. Sirius is likely finished. Their spending was out of control (not unlike many bail-out recipients).

Oh well. He's syndicated on about a dozen terrestrial radio stations, so you can listen online at least.

6. Collapse Details

people don't pay for things when they can get them free. unlike cabletv where the options were a vast improvement and people spen significant time watching tv. people listen to the radio driving,if not a cd.. other than that radio in't that big of a deal.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

7. Collapse Details

i listened to him every morning when i lived in Tampa....funny as hell....i think his dad owns the station so he really pushes the envelope sometimes....

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    people don't pay for things when they can get them free. unlike cabletv where the options were a vast improvement and people spen significant time watching tv. people listen to the radio driving,if not a cd.. other than that radio in't that big of a deal.
    I spend alot of time in the car. Got XM in '03. After a year or so, I began listening to it exclusively. It's not perfect, but it's much better than what I can find locally. Especially the talk channels.

9. Collapse Details

I thought it was on Bubba, maybe it was on Stern. Anyhow it was great, somebody (I assumed a senator or something) was ripping the SEC a new ******* about the madoff thing and why it wasn't stopped sooner.

Sucks about Sirius, I just got it earlier late last year and I love it, especially on those 6 hour drives. They've been talking about the Echostar thing for the last couple of weeks.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I spend alot of time in the car. Got XM in '03. After a year or so, I began listening to it exclusively. It's not perfect, but it's much better than what I can find locally. Especially the talk channels.
    I use XM all the time. Makes road trips much easier not having to search for channels as you change states and there is a better talk radio choice on XM.

11. Collapse Details

love the xm for baseball, and college sports.
    Parabellum FJ²B

12. Collapse Details

I doubled my position in it on Thursday. I started buying at $6.00 and heroically bought all the way down. Thursday it hit 6 cents and I called my broker (who is living up to her name and making me BROKER) and I told her, "Heroes go down swinging." Doubled my money overnight, but that could be gone Tuesday...

Karmazin bought another $2.7M in shares last month. I can't imagine having the balls to bankrupt the company a month later. Also, Liberty Media is in talks with them and their plan doesn't include taking control of the company, so maybe Karmazin's ego won't get in the way.

13. Collapse Details

I love sirius, I listen to a local radio show until 10 then all reggae all day. I hope they hang on.

14. Collapse Details

Bubba and gang put on a good show .
    I hope they dont go under, I have 2 lifetime subscriptions.
    By the way Manson does the Ned voice.

15. Collapse Details

bajacleveland...you are saying Manson and Ned are the same person?

Being a local Tampa guy I have been listening to Bubba for a long time.

Sirus had a big both at the Miami show selling the Sirrus weather package for boats. Hummmm......
    Mike
    2006 Fountain 38TE..CC..Outboards Baby!

16. Collapse Details

Both the wife and I have Sirrius...almost always have it on.

17. Collapse Details

[QUOTE=Fever Mike;110097]bajacleveland...you are saying Manson and Ned are the same person?

Yes Sir
    I will let you guys in on that Iggy.lol Same person. Listen to the voice, you can catch a similarity sometimes. We had meet and greets for Bubbapolloza. All the talk was how manson did Ned at them.

18. Collapse Details

I put it the Sirius radio on my boat last year- love it.

Garmin uses XM to get weather on GPS- might add that this year

19. Collapse Details

If any of you SOS brothers want to check out bubbaraw.com shoot me a PM and I will give you a Username & pswrd to use. I think I can get them, Im not a paying member over here yet.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by insanity View Post
    I thought it was on Bubba, maybe it was on Stern. Anyhow it was great, somebody (I assumed a senator or something) was ripping the SEC a new ******* about the madoff thing and why it wasn't stopped sooner.

Sucks about Sirius, I just got it earlier late last year and I love it, especially on those 6 hour drives. They've been talking about the Echostar thing for the last couple of weeks.
    It was on Stern!