Thread: Newt Gingrich

1. Collapse Details
    Newt Gingrich
    Listened to Newt talk on Hannity tonight. I have always been impressed with his intimate knowledge of American History, the objectives of the founding forefathers, and the constitution. I have also strongly agreed with his conservative values and the principles of his "Contract with America". Seems his involvement in the Clinton/Lewisnki scandal and subsequent loss of the House to the Democrats ultimately lead to his resignation. He has been doing a lot of positive things since. Just wonder if now might be time for him to make a run at P.O.T.U.S. ...?

2. Collapse Details

Newt is a soldier- a wartime general. He's just not Chief Executive material. Not in today's media world.

I don't believe we'll ever have another president that doesn't look like he was plucked from the cast of a network TV show.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by RedDog382 View Post
    Listened to Newt talk on Hannity tonight. I have always been impressed with his intimate knowledge of American History, the objectives of the founding forefathers, and the constitution. I have also strongly agreed with his conservative values and the principles of his "Contract with America". Seems his involvement in the Clinton/Lewisnki scandal and subsequent loss of the House to the Democrats ultimately lead to his resignation. He has been doing a lot of positive things since. Just wonder if now might be time for him to make a run at P.O.T.U.S. ...?

The only irony with that guy was he was gunning for Clinton during his "I did not have sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky" yet Newt was doing the same thing at the same time! (cheating on his wife).

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterSunsation View Post
    The only irony with that guy was he was gunning for Clinton during his "I did not have sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky" yet Newt was doing the same thing at the same time! (cheating on his wife).
    I don't care who their screwing on their time.... as long as it isn't me..

he's VP material for sure...
    does Santa's sleigh have a blower ?

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post
    I don't care who their screwing on their time.... as long as it isn't me..

+1 on that!

6. Collapse Details

He is a lightning rod for the Left, much as O has become and will stay I suspect for the Right. When Newt left and poor old Denny Hastert took over, the fundraising for the Dems dropped dramatically. He has great ideas and is an incredible strategist, but he is not going to be top of the ticket. It would be nice to have him as "Rove" though.

Jupiter, you just bought into the whole "Move On" propaganda. Clinton's problem was exactly what Nixon's problem was, he didn't do anything wrong per se. He tried to cover it up and broke the law when he did, it had nothing to do with blow jobs. And if the Dems weren't so corrupt they would have had him step down just like the Reps did with Nixon. Of course the only time a Dem steps down is when he turns in his valuables at the gate of the penitentiary

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post

Jupiter, you just bought into the whole "Move On" propaganda. Clinton's problem was exactly what Nixon's problem was, he didn't do anything wrong per se. He tried to cover it up and broke the law when he did, it had nothing to do with blow jobs. And if the Dems weren't so corrupt they would have had him step down just like the Reps did with Nixon. Of course the only time a Dem steps down is when he turns in his valuables at the gate of the penitentiary
    Actually I just laugh when the guy pointing the most fingers (Elliot Spitzer being the latest) is the guy that is doing it as well or worse.

It is a lot like church, I am always suspect of the guy in the front row praying the loudest because he is the guy probably screwing everyone in the rows behind him!

I heard a saying once, cops and criminals are cut from the same mold. Their minds think alike (a great cop must think like a criminal to be successful). Only a fine line separates the two.

So whether a cop, politician or preacher they all have to walk that fine line in order to be successful.......

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BUIZILLA View Post

Good observation.

The best VP is the guy that's the president's bulldog. Saying and doing all those harsh things we don't want to see our beloved leader doing. Bad guy by proxy.

In modern times, a guy like Agnew or Cheney.

9. Collapse Details

Would love to see his "think tank" energies put to good use in the next Republican administration. I very much enjoyed watching excerpts from his roadshow with Ralph Nader some years back.
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson